It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Sold His Soul for Oil Money!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This is Bush all over again. Second verse ...same as the first.
McCain SOLD HIS SOUL to big oil for the sake of money and ambition.

Within 24 hours of McCain flip floping on off shore drilling big oil gave him over a Million dollars with much more to come.

The Washington Post ..

Campaign contributions from oil industry executives to Sen. John McCain rose dramatically in the last half of June, after the senator from Arizona made a high-profile split with environmentalists and reversed his opposition to the federal ban on offshore drilling.

Oil and gas industry executives and employees donated $1.1 million to McCain last month — three-quarters of which came after his June 16 speech calling for an end to the ban — compared with $116,000 in March, $283,000 in April and $208,000 in May.

McCain said the policy reversal came as a response to rising voter anger over soaring energy prices. At the time, about three-quarters of voters responding to a Washington Post-ABC News poll said prices at the pump were causing them financial hardship, the highest in surveys this decade.[..]

McCain delivered the speech before heading to Texas for a series of fundraisers with energy industry executives, and the day after the speech he raised $1.3 million at a private luncheon and reception at the San Antonio Country Club, according to local news accounts.

“The timing was significant,” said David Donnelly, the national campaigns director of the Public Campaign Action Fund, a nonpartisan campaign finance reform group that conducted the analysis of McCain’s oil industry contributions. “This is a case study of how a candidate can change a policy position in the interest of raising money.”

Link to the whole article...
www.washingtonpost.com...

Would Offshore drilling make a difference...NO according to PRESIDENT BUSH'S OWN ENERGY ANALYSTS! At best a 7% decrease and NOT UNTIL 2030!

The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) recently did a detailed study of the likely outcome of offshore drilling for their Annual Energy Outlook 2007, “Impacts of Increased Access to Oil and Natural Gas Resources in the Lower 48 Federal Outer Continental Shelf (OCS).” The sobering conclusion:

The projections in the OCS access case indicate that access to the Pacific, Atlantic, and eastern Gulf regions would not have a significant impact on domestic crude oil and natural gas production or prices before 2030.

And the impact of the projected 7% (!) increase in lower-48 oil production that might result in 2030 thanks to opening the OCS is … wait for it …

… any impact on average wellhead prices is expected to be insignificant.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by maybereal11]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

The projections in the OCS access case indicate that access to the Pacific, Atlantic, and eastern Gulf regions would not have a significant impact on domestic crude oil and natural gas production or prices before 2030.

*Snip*,2030 is just the latest democratic talking points and we both know that. Really, we both also know that it would only take 4-5 years.

As for Oil endorsing McCain?

Who knew you could contribute to things you agreed with?

Dear Barack,

Jesus just let the Oil *Snip* do there job and get oil to the refinerys and turn into gas. Stop getting in the way you idiot.

Thanks,
America

Mod Edit: Civility is Required

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Terms and Conditions

[edit on 30-7-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

… any impact on average wellhead prices is expected to be insignificant.

No but Obama's plan to release SPR 100,000 barrels a day will 'Break the price of gasoline' as he put it in a debate against hillary clinton.

Whereas, a 1 million barrels of oil every day flowing out on the market from ANWR has no impact whatsoever and is insignificant.

I CALL BULLCRAP

Read that again and tell me what you think..Please stop buying into this propaganda. Please for the love of god.

We can Drill quickly, Cheaply and Enviromentally safe. The pipelines already exist in alaska and new orleans.

The second we said we were getting serouis about drilling for oil and alternative energies was the second the prices began falling. And so are Obama's chances this november.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by soup_sandwich]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by soup_sandwich

Wow.

Someone must've had a soggy sandwich dipped in too much soup today.

Can you invest in something you agree with? Certainly

But when you're an elected official - you are to represent those who elected you.
Big oil isnt a citizen, its a business entity.

To allow your greed as a politician to cloud your judgments on votes is corruption.

Does it happen with Obama?
I'm sure it does.

He .. is ... a politician.

But this thread is about McCain.

NOT obama.

Do you have any comments? Or just more immature insults.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by soup_sandwich

Your so full of crap, If I could see crap on the visual scale, I could see you from the moon, without a telescope. That 2030 bullcrap is just the latest democratic talking points and we both know that. Really, we both also know that it would only take 4-5 years.

I think you are VERY confused. The 2030 estimate isn't "the latest democratic talking point" it's the result of a study by The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA). This department falls under Energy Secretary Samuel Bodman who BUSH APPOINTED in 2005. These are the Republican Administrations/Bush Apointees' own numbers!

With the disregard for facts and the homophobic slurs...you are exactly what I expect from someone defending this outrageousness. Or you just might be slightly out of your gord, hard to distinguish between the two.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Every politician gets oil money. Some do it in the form of bundler's while others have no shame. Its all part of the political game!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by soup_sandwich

The second we said we were getting serouis about drilling for oil and alternative energies was the second the prices began falling. And so are Obama's chances this november.

WRONG. DO the research. Oil prices fell because of spiralling demand for oil in the USA. The timing of the Bush announcement makes for good BS though.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Oil prices plummeted by the second-largest margin on record Tuesday as investors feared a further decline in U.S. demand after hearing comments from Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke.

Light, sweet crude fell $6.44 to settle at $138.74 a barrel in trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

The drop in oil was the largest single-day slide in dollar terms since Jan. 17, 1991, when oil fell by $10.56. On that day, President George H.W. Bush withdrew oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve ahead of the first Gulf War.

On Tuesday morning, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke warned that high energy prices have helped to limit the purchasing power of U.S. households. High energy costs will remain a drag on the U.S. economy for the rest of the year, Bernanke told the Senate Banking Committee Tuesday.

That could result in businesses pushing a greater percentage of their high fuel and commodity costs through to consumers, he warned.

IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING Bernanke's speech, prices dropped more than $9, sinking below $136 a barrel, before recovering some.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
As far as I am concerned you guys can argue back and forth all day about all kinds of things concerning oil. The fact of the matter still remains the same.We are still dependent on oil period.
And whether we like it or not we will still be dependent on it for some time to come.
Obama wants alternative energy and McCain wants to drill now. There is presently no alternative energy that could economically take the place of oil. Everybody thought that corn would be a solution but it turns out that this is not the case.

Simply telling the car companies to increase the mileage a car gets per gallon and saying we will invest in alternative energies will not solve our dependency on oil, especially oil from OPEC. .I go with McCain on this one. Even if it takes 4 to 5 years or longer. At least one day I will rest assure that when we buy a barrel of oil it will not be from OPEC. Would you rather our money go to OPEC pocket or stay in our pocket? I am not a McCain fan but I prefer the money stay in the USA.

On a side note, why such a big fuss because oil companies make profits. That's business. I don't recall people caring when these companies were losing money.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
John McCain goes to Phoenix, Arizona for a plate of Beans

Phoenix, July 13th, Sunday morning. Thank God John McCain has declared that he wants to wallpaper the continent with new nuke plants, because now the chances are better that this wretched slab of hot, bird#-covered asphalt they call a state will be blown to hell in an accident someday. I hate this place. Once the sun comes up on an Arizona weekend, nothing moves except the occasional elderly-piloted Buick floating boatlike in the direction of some hideous megachurch.

www.rollingstone.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Watch carefully and learn ,yes at least you can learn to not be so trusting .

Mcain will choose a Vp that has money ,this so he can inject his money into the campaign . No not for the good of America but to protect his wealth and increase its size.
The last time the top 1% of richest Americans owned 50% of all American stocks
Charles W, Fairbanks was installed in the VP position Circa 1905. Not because of substance but because he could finance the elections and gain personally from his position as VP

Americans dumber than ever because they want you dumb .Will not only
be ruled by the rich ,but they will also get looted further by them.

As the international Community now is beginning unload American
cash reserves and the US dollar down 40% in the last 6 years slips into onscurity
the rich and the famous will have their fortunes all tucked away in foreign banks away from the tax collector and away from prying eyes
Mcain will have a rich man indeed as VP his advisers won't be there to run America but to plunder rape and bring America down.
the mandate is clear ,the NAU must be implemented for the rich to rule the masses
America must be collapsed the Rich have their fortunes already over seas

While Americans vote for bomb bomb Mcain and Obama bin bomba
they are led to their demise like sheep to the slaughter.

and like Bush before them Americans so too were led by him like sheep to the slaughter but like door knobs americans have learned nothing from their experience ,except how to be sheep.

I am sure the GOP ,Republican party is screaming take Collin Powel as your VP,But Mcain's campaign managers have a more greedy agenda.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by solo1]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
As far as I am concerned you guys can argue back and forth all day about all kinds of things concerning oil. The fact of the matter still remains the same.We are still dependent on oil period.
And whether we like it or not we will still be dependent on it for some time to come.
Obama wants alternative energy and McCain wants to drill now. There is presently no alternative energy that could economically take the place of oil. Everybody thought that corn would be a solution but it turns out that this is not the case.

Simply telling the car companies to increase the mileage a car gets per gallon and saying we will invest in alternative energies will not solve our dependency on oil, especially oil from OPEC. .I go with McCain on this one. Even if it takes 4 to 5 years or longer. At least one day I will rest assure that when we buy a barrel of oil it will not be from OPEC. Would you rather our money go to OPEC pocket or stay in our pocket? I am not a McCain fan but I prefer the money stay in the USA.

On a side note, why such a big fuss because oil companies make profits. That's business. I don't recall people caring when these companies were losing money.

1 ) you are dependent on Oil because you have to be or your dollar would be worth 3 cents the value of the paper it's printed on

No alternative energy?
Hydrogen water powered Google it up

3 ) Your money can not stay in the USA you owe more than you can pay

4 ) I hate to break this to you but your locked in to contracts with Canada and Venezuela , long term contracts.

Contrary to Americans confounded thinking American laws are superseded by international trade tribunals
Maritime law that proves Americans are owned like cattle literally .

join