It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Has Baby

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

Anyone been watching the news lately? They constantly bring up this man that had a baby. Of course, the man is really a woman.

Just curious what you guys think of this? Personally it pisses me off. Im all for gay rights and have no problem with the pregnancy itself. Im actually happy for the couple. What angers me is the media covering this as if it were a real man, often failing to explore the facts.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Well since Britney Spears isn't giving much excitement lately, they have to have something to fill in the slots. It could be anything really, and they make a huge deal out of it.

It serves one purpose only - to distract people from what's really going on.

Just like all the "reality" shows. The more people get into those shows and types of news stories, the less time they have to look at the real stuff.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
It no different then two women in a relationship and one of them having a baby by artificial insemination. The only difference is the woman looks like a man. The media always makes the story look bigger than it is. Good olé' freedom of press.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Unfortunately it's what passes for news nowadays.

Maybe the media would like to cover these other 'news' events ...

"Man Reads Book"

"Woman Has Baby ... again!"

"Man Swims and sues Pool owners for getting Wet. Man said "They didn't have any signs up saying the water would get you wet."

"Man eats Burger"

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
What angers me is the media covering this as if it were a real man, often failing to explore the facts.

Well, then let your anger go, because I have NEVER seen one article where they claim that he was born a man and neglect the facts of the case. Can you show me ONE article where they don't mention the fact that he was born a woman?

From your source:

Born a woman, Beatie, 34, who had had his breasts surgically removed and legally changed his gender from female to male, leaped to prominence around the world in April when the wispy bearded man revealed he was pregnant.

Despite years of taking hormones and living outwardly as a man, Beatie maintained that he retained his female sex organs because he intended one day to get pregnant.

How is that "not exploring the facts"? Those are the facts. What are you really pissed about?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic
[moANdrew TB is saying that instead of saying "Beatie, 34, who had had his breasts surgically removed " It should say her breast surgically removed

which I definetly agree

No matter how hard she tries she will never be a man and she is causing future problems for her child

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Well, when you write the article, you can say whatever you like. But, like it or not, this person is LEGALLY a man. LEGALLY. By LAW. He is LEGALLY married to a woman.

They're not speaking biologically. It's clear that biologically, he was born a woman, etc. But legally he is a man. And I will choose to say "he". You're free to stick with biology and say "she".

And you're also free to rant about how the news "should" report this with your bias. But until YOU report it, they're free and correct (legally) in referring to him as a man.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

If you like that, you should really watch The Onion Movie.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
should have read:

"Horribly disfigured and ugly lesbian has baby."

That way, you still get the shock value, but none of the lies.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

Briliant...

I, Myself, wouldn't Have been able to tink of a headline that great...

I would have went with, WOMan has child.... but i like yours better...

Now the question we must ask is why is this story getting so much attention... There is nothing out of the ordninary for a woman to have a child, and thiere is nothing out of the ordinary for someone to have a mental illness where they think they are something else...

But, combine those teo stories, and have a woman having a child, but so mentaly confused, that she thinks shes a guy, then you have a national stroy...

But why, why is this being held up in the media, why are they covering this childs birth more then they would cover the birth of the second coming...

Why, heres why i think... this is just another story on to put down the male. To try to 'feminize' the males of this nation...

Its freaking sick... not as sick as this sick woman, but still pretty sick...

The Truth is dead... let opinion rule... the truth is the media, the media is the truth...

Nothing is real, until the MSM says it is...
Nothing has happen untl the MSM says it did...
THERE IS NO MORE TRUTH, only what is reported as so...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

should have read:

you obviously do not understand complexities and diversities in the human race at all

your post was insulting mainly to you and your 2nd grade thinking

its understandable to think you dont agree or understand transgender people but to just call out horribly disfigured and ugly lesbian is ignorant

what if your wife/girlfriend had breast cancer and lost both her breasts, god forbid

would you call her horribly disfigured wife and be ok with that?

i thought not

[edit on 28-7-2008 by MurderCityDevil]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
wow...
never heard of this

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

should have read:

While I agree shes ugly, its unfair to say that.

I don't have an issue with the lifestyle at all. I'm all for it and people should respect that. Although I will say, while legally a man, its still technically a woman.

As for not mentioning being a woman. Im talking about the television, including local news stations. Ive heard one station (fox funny enough) mention she was a woman.

Now online articles are different now that I look. But either way its misleading and confusing to some.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I really don't think it counts as a man having a baby if the egg came from her own ovarys.

new topics

top topics

join