It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AC/DC Still Popular As Ever!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It just amazes me with all the Metal bands out there that AC/DC is popular among the highschool kids today. I see kids in AC/DC t-shirts all the time. I even seen a High Def Television demo video at Target store with a quick 20 second AC/DC concert clip along with other clips demonstrating the clarity.

When I seen that, I was amazed not by the t.v., but by how popular AC/DC still are!

[edit on 24-7-2008 by MrMysticism]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I went to an AC/DC gig once....many many moons ago...I've never seen backline like it and it was so loud it made my ears hurt...I swear I could still hear them half a mile down the street outside the venue....insane actually...but still not as loud as Whitesnake....yup....I saw them too...them and their nakey backing singers....nasty. The prize for the best hair ever, though, went to Ian Gillan....beautiful beautiful hair....which is what counts...*grin!*

Cait

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I saw ACDC in Toronto back in the early 90s, I think it was. One of my favourite bands. But, I think their recent music is not nearly as good as the early stuff. After Back in Black, everything went downhill musically.

Bon Scott > Brian Johnson.

My favourite albums: Jailbreak, High Voltage

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I'm jealous of you both! For some reason when they were popular in the mid eighties I was 16 yrs. old and going to tons of concerts. I never cought them and they were one of my favorites.

Weird how i think about it and remember how I kept missing the local dates.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Actually, I'm not sure you missed too much hun....they're not visual *at all*, the volume was unbelieveable, and not in a good way....way more than 11 that's for sure.

My big miss was Thin Lizzy....Ma would not let me go...I was 17 at the time, and I was really cut up...really disappointed, and not yet brave enough to defy her...damn I should have. Phil died shortly afterwards, and I was sickened. I would have loved to have been at one of their gigs.

Cait

new topics

top topics

join