It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think that "god blesses america"??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I for see no reason anymore why god would be on the side of america if god ever was...

I just thought of this after watching[laughing mostly] the 700 club...Talk about right wing propaganda...geezz...I realy cant believe they can claim that they are christians..

After every segment they show a waving flag and the statue of liberty and the message.."god bless america"

Well after seeing that I wondered..."does god really bless america?"

I think not[IMO of coarse]...I honestly think that the american way of life is satanic..even the good people are somewhat satanic..not all but most are extremly selfish and couldnt care less about fellow americans much less other people in the world.

When I say satanic I dont actually mean evil..as we percieve evil..I mean the willingness to over look other peoples suffering as if it was none of your buisness...well im sorry but thats not what I think god likes so I would think it would be hard for "god to bless america"

So do you think the words "god bless america" should even be uttered???

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I think you are right, McGotti.

Satanism is a belief of the self. A kind of spiritual 'Nietzscheism' where the strong prospers and others are there to be screwed over. Thats the kind of Satanism that Anton LaVey espouses anyway. And from what I have seen, thats exactly how many people act both here and in the UK. So in a way, the US and the UK are actually 'Satanic countries' as opposed to "Christian Countries' where people care not just for themselves but for others too. I know what I prefer.

As for God blessing America. I don't think God would ever bless such a warmongering government, neither would he bless the government of Tony Blair who is just as bad. I do believe that God blesses those people who follow Jesus' tenets (whether they call themselves Christian or not).

So my answer - no, he doesn't bless the 'country' but does bless the individuals who deserve his blessings.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I would have to agree. With all the blood this country has on its hands. Let's see---
1) The almost complete anihilation of the Native American
2) The slave trade where tens of million of blacks were killed.
3) Fat man and Little Boy where countless Japanese were needlessly murdered to show off.
4) I don't know how many millions of Koreans and Vietnamese were killed in their respective wars
5) Both Iraqi wars.
6) Our atrocities in Latin America.

Am I missing some death? I know I am.

How could God bless this country?

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
So do you think the words "god bless america" should even be uttered???

Sure they could. The God that blesses us is Yahweh. You know...God of Vengance? God of Smiting with the jawbone of an ass?

Why not?

Did not God himself commanded Israel to go to war?

What about Cain complaining that he feared someone would avenge Abel's murder and kill him. God promised Cain that if this occurred, the cycle of violence would increase. Cain's killer would "suffer vengeance seven times over".

Among the Ten Commandments was the simple command "Thou shall not murder." This command did not prohibit all killing, but only certain kinds of killing. Under normal circumstances, capital punishment and killing during warfare were not considered murder. Capital punishment was a part of the covenant itself (Exodus 21:12�17). Capital crimes included kidnapping, cursing parents and Sabbath breaking. Other capital offenses included failing to deal with a dangerous animal that subsequently killed a man (21:29), sorcery (22:18), bestiality (22:19) and idolatry (22:20).

In Deuteronomy 20, God gave laws regulating warfare. Offers of surrender, plundering and enslavement of the enemy's females and children are all regulated in chapter 20. The operative theological point of this chapter is that God would march with Israel to war. One might argue that this chapter is the beginning of "just war" ethics.

In Leviticus 26 says: "And ye shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword. 8 And five of you shall chase an hundred, and an hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight: and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword. 9 For I will have respect unto you, and make you fruitful, and multiply you, and establish my covenant with you."

So, God is ok with some murder. The Colonel argues for days about the truth of the Bible and then now he switches sides. If you believe 100% in the Bible, then why not believe:
The almost complete anihilation of the Native American ?
Pagans that worshipped the wrong God.

And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins. 22 I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle, and make you few in number; and your high ways shall be desolate. 23 And if ye will not be reformed by me by these things, but will walk contrary unto me; 24 Then will I also walk contrary unto you, and will punish you yet seven times for your sins. 25 And I will bring a sword upon you, that shall avenge the quarrel of my covenant: and when ye are gathered together within your cities, I will send the pestilence among you; and ye shall be delivered into the hand of the enemy.

Why would God not be proud. It was ok to do HIS work at one time, right?

So now the Colonel doesn't believe in the Bible word-for-word? Man, I need a program to keep up with the hypocracy...

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Zed: you just need a program to remind yourself on which words you want to put in my mouth.

The NAtive Americas also were part of the tribe of Israel so this devastation would come upon them for they worshipped other Gods. However, the tribe that did this still must answer for their crimes....meaning America.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I want to point out, I am one of the most sensitive people out in public if I see someone in distress, or on the side of the road with their hazard lights on.
I'm there anytime someone looks like they need a hand, I care too much, which pisses me off, because people think your weird these days if you want to lend a hand.

God does not hate anybody, it's not in his dictionary.
Of course he blesses America, and all the other nations worldwide.

He's there always, people may stray, but he will always be there waiting for them to come back... And they always come back.. Might take people awhile to figure it out, but they will go back. And he will be there waiting, and forgiveness is his middle name.
I hear he weeps when people inflict harm upon others, and he is upset when people do petty things to profit from others.

But he is an all loving god.
He blesses all, and I bless you!

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
so zed what your are saying is because someone believes whole heartedly in thier religion because of their parents and everything they know as truth...but because that doesnt go along with what christain teachings then they should be slaughtered with no mercy..because that is exactly what happened...

women and children..poor people being exploited...that is what america was built on...slaves too...the founding fathers all had SLAVES!!!!!!

what would god think of george washingtons slaves and jeffersons slaves....

no big deal right...they made money and acheived major power. goals .so they wont goto hell right???.......

I hope you dont think along the same lines as these obviously evil humans

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
I hear he weeps when people inflict harm upon others, and he is upset when people do petty things to profit from others.

Where dfo you get your information? Certainly, not the Bible. God hates and he clearly says so manytimes in the Bible. This is not a fantasy. Its real. If he created ALL things including the emotions he gave us, why would he deny himself something that we have and HE created?

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

women and children..poor people being exploited...that is what america was built on...slaves too...the founding fathers all had SLAVES!!!!!!

no big deal right...they made money and acheived major power. goals .so they wont goto hell right???.......

Just like Eygpt.

Deuteronomy 28
67 In the morning thou shalt say, Would God it were even! and at even thou shalt say, Would God it were morning! for the fear of thine heart wherewith thou shalt fear, and for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see.
68 And the LORD shall bring thee into Egypt AGAIN with SHIPS, by the way whereof I spake unto thee, Thou shalt see it no more again: and there ye shall be sold unto your enemies for bondmen and bondwomen, and no man shall buy you.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
God blesses America as much as he blesses Korea or Bora Bora or Austria. To single out and favour one particular country would be very biased and very human and therefore not at all god like.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Ya I agree god needs to bless america but that also depends on the meaning of "bless"

I think we need bleesings to get out of our selfish evil ways.... I dont think god is agreeing with that..

the only reason god blesses america is because god knows we need help! yes god please bless us....we are a selfish evil nation and most of the people do not even realize whats going on...

god doesnt need to "bless" america...god needs to "FORGIVE" AMERICA!!!!

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Originally posted by TrueLies

Where dfo you get your information? Certainly, not the Bible. God hates and he clearly says so manytimes in the Bible. This is not a fantasy. Its real. If he created ALL things including the emotions he gave us, why would he deny himself something that we have and HE created?

I'm not talking about any kind of religion, just spirituality.

In spirituality not religion, they speak of god as all loving.

I do know that in the bible it's a different story.

I just try and live my life without hate, which is hard, but I try and be very giving of myself in the real world.
It's almost like buddhism.

I just believe that god is in everyone, everywhere, all over the place, he is the source for all life.
And I believe he doesn't hate.

I just go off of the spiritual thing, not religion, because religion teaches you judgement, hate, and all other things negative.

It may seem naive, but I would rather live in that bubble then in the one that preaches to hate other people ect.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Then, I can agree with that. For me, I gotta hate something or else I wouldn't be the Colonel.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Zed: you just need a program to remind yourself on which words you want to put in my mouth.

The NAtive Americas also were part of the tribe of Israel so this devastation would come upon them for they worshipped other Gods. However, the tribe that did this still must answer for their crimes....meaning America.

Right, sorry...that was the "other" Colonel defending the Bible word for word. The same one that claimed one sentence was not a solid point, but yet his whole argument hinged on "feet of brass".

Good Stuff!

Some the Native Americans were part of the tribe of Isreal? Is the Apache Jews? Maybe the Ute Jews? Blackfoot? Crow? Shoshone? Arapaho? Which ones? I really want to know this one. And the People of Isreal were supported by God, then why are the Native Americans not supported if they are part of the "tribe"?

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Zed:

Here he is speaking to the triobs of Israel for disobeying His law. He brings a curse:

Deuteronomy 28

62 And ye shall be left few in number, whereas ye were as the stars of heaven for multitude; because thou wouldest not obey the voice of the LORD thy God.

63 And it shall come to pass, that as the LORD rejoiced over you to do you good, and to multiply you; so the LORD will rejoice over you to destroy you, and to bring you to nought; and ye shall be plucked from off the land whither thou goest to possess it.

65 And among these nations shalt thou find no ease, neither shall the sole of thy foot have rest: but the LORD shall give thee there a trembling heart, and failing of eyes, and sorrow of mind:
66 And thy life shall hang in doubt before thee; and thou shalt fear day and night, and shalt have none assurance of thy life:
67 In the morning thou shalt say, Would God it were even! and at even thou shalt say, Would God it were morning! for the fear of thine heart wherewith thou shalt fear, and for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see.
68 And the LORD shall bring thee into Egypt again with ships, by the way whereof I spake unto thee, Thou shalt see it no more again: and there ye shall be sold unto your enemies for bondmen and bondwomen, and no man shall buy you.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

so zed what your are saying is because someone believes whole heartedly in thier religion because of their parents and everything they know as truth...but because that doesnt go along with what christain teachings then they should be slaughtered with no mercy..because that is exactly what happened...

Hmmmm...so there were kids who grew up and believed in the parents AND their teachings. Then they were killed because they didn't believe in the Jewish teachings. They were "slaughtered" by God, but not their God. Men, women, and children that God took his vengence out on.

Was that ok in the name of God, but yet concerning any other similar event it's not ok? People here were just quoting the Bible and taking every word literally, with regard to "skin color" but NOW the literal take on things is wrong?

Hahahaha...only when it supports the racial argument I guess. The oppression.

Well, God oppressed all those who don't believe in him, right? Did the Indians believe in God? My only point is that you want to claim God is perfect yet he allows certain ones to kill and others he chooses to damn. And then all of you are going to defend him.

Well to me, it's a book written by men about a God that acts like THE MAN. He will pick his chosen ones and oppress all of the rest. You will die, be killed, have pestilence and curses for not believing my way. He is the King of Oppression. He allows it. It is ok.

And all of you MAN haters just jump right in and support THE BIG MAN.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
America: God's Country? Hahahahahahahaha! More like god abandoned us because man has made such a mess of things.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

When I say satanic I dont actually mean evil..as we percieve evil..I mean the willingness to over look other peoples suffering as if it was none of your buisness...

THIS IS SO TRUE!!!!!!

I stay in the D.C area. The nations capitol and I ride the train to work every day. You can see the poverty. Yet people are so desensitized that they just don't care to look at it or they just over look it. The same thing with Detroit(where I used to live) all the people who worked downtown would have to drive through the eastside of Detroit to get to work. The east side still has scars from the 60's riots. Burt down buildings and poverty. Yet they don't care. Americans are good at that. People are invisible to them and they just look right through them as if they were there.

Zedd and Colonel the bible was written by Man and translated by Man and edited by Man. By believeing that the King James verison of the bible is the infaliable word of God just show's that you not using the gift that God gave you. Your Brian. The universie is so complex. How can a book translated by a murder, theif and child molester(I'm talking about King James) be considred valid. It's ovious this guy had an agenda and that's why he chose to leave books out and put the ones that fit his ideas in. Just like you Colonel

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by DaTruth]

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
No, in fact the devil will consume your soul at the end of time when Master comes to praise his servants. He cannot be stopped! Want proof? Here's a little something by The Eagles:

In the master's chambers, they prepare for the feast. They stab it with their steely knives, but THEY CANNOT KILL THE BEAST!!!

HAHAAHAHA!

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   
With enough post punk and death metal bands singing in the sentiment of "God damn America" God has paid heed and America knows it is damned when America is true to itself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join