It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Member Types Analysis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Methinks I'm proly one of your types...just don't know which

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I read through all the suggestions and think my idea hasn't been taken yet, entirely anyways.

The group I think I would fall into are the "Seekers". We are coming to a point in our lives/maturity where we are trying to find what it is we believe about life, the universe, government, ourselves, etc. We are open minded and believe that all things are possible, but we are intelligent in our approach and mindful of what we take on as our truth. We read everything on here, and seek out other sources of information, research, etc to find the things that we can accept or put aside the things that we don't accept. We're not crazy, but we realize that there is more to us than what we've been taught by a conventional society and we are driven by the need to know more. So we seek...and hope to find others who are like us, others who ask questions, and others who can guide or teach us, or possibly learn from us.

I am a woman and mother, and I have a feeling that a lot of the woman and mothers on ATS may fall into this category.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Well since I am still pretty new here (QB the newbie) a babe in the woods so to speak
and learning the ropes of the ATS community Im not sure exactly where I would fit in to the categories listed.....maybe a little bit of a couple of them.

There is one other kind I have noticed though...the "Charlie Browns" or the wishywashies. Ones who will be a hard case to prove their post in one thread only to flip plop and contradict themselves in another.

Great thread Oz
star and flag.

chemtrail, contrail, chemtrail contrail......uuuggghh I cant decide
haha just kidding, totally contrail

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I wonder how many members would consider themselves to be in one category while their peers would see them as being in another. How many people are honest with themselves?
Just over thinking in the wee hours of the am. (I need to go to sleep lol)

interesting post

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

I love this thread, Ozzie! Good job. Reminds me a bit of this 'forum roster' for general forums. Just scroll down the list and you will recognize many such personality styles. Yours is more tailored to suit the angles and theme of ATS but I still wanted to share.

I can think of several categories but will only mention the following at this time as it is the only one I can think of that won't offend anyone.

The 'politicians' and pundits. Politics has been such a hot topic with the upcoming election especially. Many members have drawn the lines in the sand and are going toe to toe.

I'll add this one in, too: There are also the BTS mainstays who prefer the laid back atmosphere of small talk chatter and very rarely venture over into the heated topics of ATS. When they do head over this way, they generally add a much needed light-hearted and well intentioned off topic post to lighten a heated ATS thread. For them ATS is a place of fun and an off shoot of the 'main' site, BTS.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I've noticed a lot of people who are rather arrogant. They give off this holier-than-thou feeling that leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and love to mention "sheep," or "sheeple." It is part (albeit a small one) of the reason why the mainstream doesn't want to listen to them.

So I guess that fits into the know-it-alls.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
LOVE your thread Oz! I feel a definate affinity with you- maybe we're from the same catagory I'd like to suggest: The Armchair Psychologists

Whaddya think? This is where I fall in. The Psychologist is drawn into ATS due to a curious and seeking nature. Able to sift through proof and bs with a discerning eye, these folks diligently set about finding their own truth- along the way we find that while the material is interesting, the people who deliver it are FASCINATING. "What on EARTH makes these people tick!?" That's is the question that makes me tick!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I would define myself as a little bit of each. Simply for the sake of not wishing to categorize. To me, extreme categorization and profiling dehumanize people and further contribute to the ''divide and conquer/rule'' tactic being used today.

The only way it continues to work is because we choose to allow it to consume our consciousness.

Anybody familiar with Dr. Timothy Leary's 8 circuit model of consciousness
??

I would define myself as having attained access to my 8th circuit, if one were to use Dr. Leary's model, both on psychedelic substances and completely sober.

However your analysis is pretty good for the most part, IMO. The patterns are very recognizable. If one were to grasp the concept of the 8 circuit model, one could have a better glimpse as to why these trends persist, and will persist, until consciousness is raised.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
you could probably add one more type:

people who experience a weird event/events knows no one will believe them so waits to find stories of similar events, in which they can find an explination one way or the other.

dunno what you would call em experiencualists maybe :p

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
The Extraordinary- These are the most humorous members (in my opinion). They usually make extreme cliams, like being from another planet, being a time traveller or claiming they work at area 51 or something similar. They never produce any credible evidence to back themselves up.

this one closely resembles my posting history. I am proud to be a member of the League of Extraordinary Gentleman! thank you

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Demandred

Sounds like you speak from experience. What is your experience?
Do you have missing time and possible alien abduction with no physical signs of anal probe or a mystery metal implant?...

Go Fish.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
The OP every now and then should re-post the list revised or not, like a update post or something on the current list. There even could be a pending list that some "titles" that we are unsure if they are valid, could be listed then debated to be supported or not.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by halfmask]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
POP PSYCHOLOGIST - not to be confused with the armchair psychologist cited in an earlier post

pop psychologists are amazing - with no formal training they can decuce a posters motives / metntal state etc etc from just a few lines of text

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Hey I dont fit into any single 1 category, I am like two or three added together.

I'm partially a scaremonger.. partially a skeptic .. partially a religious "extremist" although not so extreme IMO, you get the point.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
I do not fit in any description that you have mentioned.
I found out by reading this board that each person has an idividual character.I could not place my self in any points that you made.

The Different - The group of posters who are all different from everyone else and does not fit into any group or category.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Great thread!

I wanted to backup WoodWytch:

I would also add another group ... 'Experts...The people who know their stuff and provide intelligent help and advise to other members.

I would say a better name would be "Scientists" or maybe "Analysts" -- these are people who are discussing Social, Political, Metaphysical, Physical issues from a scientific viewpoint. Not necessarily to advise other members (although that is common), but always to provide intelligent help to the overall discussion.

Peak oil, government discussions, consciousness theory, paranormal activities, free energy, physical law, military aircraft and weaponry, and political science threads all apply.

I would go with "Experts" as the classname, but I think nobody is enough of an expert to qualify -- its just people with more expertice than others, trying to move things forward.

I prefer "Scientist" to "Expert". Or maybe "Analyst".

Edit: How about classifying it as "Scientist, Analyst, Expert"? (As if it matters...
)

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfmask
The OP every now and then should re-post the list revised or not, like a update post or something on the current list. There even could be a pending list that some "titles" that we are unsure if they are valid, could be listed then debated to be supported or not.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by halfmask]

Here's some other group ideas thrown around on the last few pages

Experts

Survivalists

Pseudo-Philosophers

Bored Kids/ Teemagers (pretending to be someone else)

Omnipotent Beings (Those who have no idea, but claim they are right and you are wrong)

The tutelage of Insanity (love that)

The Seekers

Politicians and Pundits

Armchair psychologists

Experienculists (Those that have had every experience known on ATS from being abducted by aliens to being stalked by the government)

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Great thread OZ but I think you forgot the "LURKERS" such as my self.

The lurkers read just about everything that seems interesting but reserve their opinions as much as possible,Well I do anyway

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by miguelbmx
Great thread OZ but I think you forgot the "LURKERS" such as my self.

The lurkers read just about everything that seems interesting but reserve their opinions as much as possible,Well I do anyway

Yeah, but I think most lurkers are anonymous....hey wait you're not a lurker at all.....you just posted

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
*Fabulous* Thread, Ozzyman! Love it love it love it.....

But I don't fit anywhere at all....little bits of some of them but *please* don't put me in with the Differents....they kinda scare me...

How about a Witches and Faeries group...or Multi-dimensional Earth Beings, if you prefer?...for those of us involved with weird stuff, magical stuff, things that would scare the bejesus out of mortals...those of us who talk to dead people and spirits and plant devas...those of us who see things differently and get called "woos" by scientists and skeptics...this on it's own should be a requirement for membership of this group...*tugging on Ozman's sleeve and looking cute....* Please?

Lots of love...

Cait

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join