It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Batman star bailed over 'assault'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Batman star bailed over 'assault'

news.bbc.co.uk

Batman star Christian Bale has been arrested by detectives investigating claims he assaulted two family members.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said a 34-year-old man had been arrested in connection with an allegation of assault, and remained in custody.

Mr Bale is alleged to have lashed out at his mother and sister in his suite at London's Dorchester Hotel on Sunday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-7-2008 by mclarenmp4]

[edit on 22-7-2008 by mclarenmp4]

Mod Note: Starting threads in the News Forums Please Review Link.
Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Looks like another Batman star in the press for the wrong reasons.

Bit of a cowardly thing to do to hit any female let alone your mother & sister.

But it adds to the publicity of the film I suppose.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

I dont know where in that article you read that he "hit" anyone. It is an ALLEGATION, nothing has been proved. There are no details of the alleged crime so dont go jumping to conclusions saying that he "hit a women". Maybe he did but I would rather give him a chance to prove himself. It is BS that they are holding him on something that is yet to be proven, at least in the media.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

You are correct it is an alleged assault.
I'm just basing my opinion that a mother & sister wouldn't go to the police over some little slap, especially when the person in question is a multi million pound movie star.

But I could be wrong.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

It does not even have to be a slap. You can be charged with domestic assault just for pushing a family member. They are Super Strict on this now days. This is probably just there way of getting attention.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I don't want to speculate too much on this, but this has to be drug related in some way. How does an actor on top of it all suddenly start abusing his family.. If I were him, there's nothing my family could do that would make me mad.

I'd just laugh in their face and threaten to take away ll the houses I bought them.

Again, I'm thinking that drugs must've been involved.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
He must have been having a Dark Night.
Some of the British tabloids hint that he has some mental health issues.
He might be a little crazed because Ledger is getting more Batman press than he iks, and the man is dead.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
My first thought was perhaps it might be one of those "hey you got money now things" with a relative, but who really knows (Plus I just saw an episode of Metapocalypse that carried a similar theme).....
aint my life to worry about anyways. I just want to see the movie tonight
. Heres the latest article I found on it.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Bale is a disgusting person. I just saw him in 310 to yuma and in all the other films he's done. He looks loony! ever wonder why he lost so much weight in that movie? he's a druggie. The guy hits his own mother. It's a shame that batman movies are relating to people with evil ways. Christian if you're reading this, i'm coming over to give you a woopin' shame on you..and just for this i'm not going to watch your movie. You and the joker can kiss my 10 bucks goodbye son.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
He looks loony! ever wonder why he lost so much weight in that movie? he's a druggie.

well, actually I'd call that dedication to your job and playing the part unless you personally know the man and his lifestyle...

The guy hits his own mother.

keep in mind, that was alleged because he was released and not charged with anything so far...

It's a shame that batman movies are relating to people with evil ways.

and Star Wars isn't? Wasn't it Anakin who slaughterd the young padawan children so he could save Padme? whats not 'evil' about that?

Dont forget to check out the movie Velvet Goldmine while your seeing those Christian Bale movies. It features Bale who has an intimate scene with
........ Ewan McGregor!!!!! would that mean ....Obi Wan Kenobi and Batman get together by the end of the flick?? you bet it does.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by spikedmilk]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Last I heard Bale went to the police station voluntarily, was questoned and released and no charges filed. And why does it have to be him hitting them? Isn't verbal assault a crime in the UK? Maybe he yelled.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
christian bale has been bailed im suprised its not a stunt to promote the movie even though its doin very well to say the least ha ha just a little conspiracy

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
here we are on a conspiracy forum and some are believing the media hype like he beat the hell out of his mom & sister. the charge was for a VERBAL assault. hell some of our common conversations over here could be considered a verbal assault over there

new topics

top topics

join