It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunbathers Bask Next To Child Corpses

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
How freaking sad. I personally could not have continued as though nothing is going on, or have and attitude of 'oh well there's nothing we can do for them, let swim and have some lunch!'. That, IMO is sick. Yeah, there was nothing anyone could do for them, except maybe give them the respect and decency to refrain from the merriment until at the very least, for crying out loud, the bodies had been removed! Shame on those who held no respect for these children! God! How desynsitized have people become?!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PeaceUk

I was thinking this too. If I walked on a beach and saw too feet sticking out from underneath a blanket, and nothing smelled ( not to be callous)
I would think that some folks were napping and hiding from the sun.And not think twice about it.

As for the non chalant attitudes. The first reaction to trauma is not usually a bad reaction, it is denial.

It gives our brain a chance to start assessing a situation.
And protects our bodies from shock.

So it could be that these folks were in complete denial.
It is not easy seeing bodies..

I would go with those scenarios.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
What were they supposed to do, cart the bodies through all the foot traffic on the beach shouting dead body, dead body?

Should the authorities teleport to the scene instantly?

I don't see the big deal... this is blown out of control.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold
reply to post by Sonya610

Look, I don't neccasasrily condon them doing what they do, but it is something that the Roma have done since time immortal. It IS part of their culture.

Seeing a human being as a parasite invites the acceptance of pograms to eliminate the parasite.

That sounds like a good idea to me.

I can't believe you'd believe in the nonsense you're spewing if you had to deal with these scum stealing from you on a regular basis.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychopump

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
And how many homeless people do each and everyone of you walk past each day and ignore?

Honestly? Very close to NONE at all. I always try to give something to eat or to drink on a hot day. I personally give my old clothes to the homeless. At the local supermarket I always buy 3 extra tins of dog food for the guy who lives behind the market´s dogs. If I can´t five anything I always stop for a chat.

It's well-meaning, but terribly misguided people like you who encourage these people to live on the streets in the first place. Really, you should just let the natural order take care of things. If these bums are truly too mentally ill or physically incapable of providing for themselves, there's really no reason to keep them around is there?

I've actually had a lot of conversations with homeless transients, squatters and the like. Many of them are pretty stable and intelligent and conciously choose to beg for a living because it's a lot easier to hang out drunk at a busy intersection for a couple hours a day, stewing in your own filth in stinking rags with a mangy mutt at your side and a pathetic sign asking strangers for money and haul in $80 than it is to clean yourself up and maintain a proper job.

Sympathy for the dregs of society is what holds the human race back from realizing its true potential.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join