It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Cats Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Ok I had a dream last night which was pretty wierd. Awhile ago I had a dream which my teeth fell out and I read that it can mean im no longer in control of my life or someone I knew was going to pass away. Both ended up being true then, so I want to try and figure this one out before anything like that happens or get some meaning from it.

Im outside at my driveway and there is like 5 crosses and below them is like fresh dirt like it is something buried there and then like on down the road and stuff there is these dead cats, but it was like sick because they were cut open at the belly.

Any interpretations?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I'll have a shot. Without knowing you presonally it's difficult to interpret dreams well:

- Crosses usually indicate joy, happiness and fulfillment after a long struggle.

- Death is not a negative symbol. It represents either a situation in your life that has ended, or a major change or transition. It also links to limitations in your life.

- Cats can be positive or negative. Positive - sexuality, femininity, prosperity, independance and power. Negative - bad omen and expect deceit from those you trust. Cats can also mean that you need to be more intuitive. Do you remember the colour of the cats? that might be significant.

- Throwing up could mean a few things. Most commonly it's fear of losing control of yourself, or feeling the need to keep control of a situation.

So, without knowing your personal life, i'd guess that your dealing with a situation in your life, one that is coming to a head and possibly one that it changing how you view youself. You fear the situation and what the general outcome will be because you don't want to lose control of yourself. You fear that your intuition might not be enough to get you through it, but it is. Trust yourself and you heart. The positive aspects of your personality will shine through. The change is for the better, and only happiness and joy will come out of it, even though the struggle is hard it's all for the better.

Please note: this could also be utter BS. I'm usually quite good at interpreting my own dreams, but other people's are a different story completely.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Thanks, one thing though I didnt throw up. It was sick though. I remember the cats being a dark color, black or brown maybe. I think the belly was like white though and it was cut open.

Someone I went too who was a psychic said that I had very good intuition though. Also I have been going through some things in my life this summer, but I dont want to get into details because I dont want your interpretation to be based off of that. Vague idea's and what some of the symbolism might mean is good enough and I will interpret that to things in my life if I can.

One thing I want to make clear is that I dont find animal cruelty in anyway humorous or entertaining. (not saying anyone insisted that, just didnt want anyone to think I was some kind of sick dog fighter or something.)

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Ah ok. I thought you meant really sick, like hurling. So you just felt ill then, or a bit nauseous.

Being ill means trying to escape from your reality, but you only felt ill in response to the dead cats. So i'll hazard a guess that part of you wants to run from your problems and to escape them. Your subconcious is trying to tell you not to fear or try to escape, but to deal with the issue, because it'll make you a better person and it will all come out happy at the end.

That's about the best I can do.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Oh yeah, and with the colour of the cats - you can't remeber if they were black or brown, so I can't take any significance from that. But you do remember their bellies were white, and it was there that they were cut open and that made you feel sick. That's pretty significant.

White represents purity, peace, perfection, innocence and new beginnings.

So perhaps you feel with what's going on in your life at the monent, it's your purity and innocence that are being affected, and that is where your fear is coming from. Perhaps you already thought that your new beginnings were happening, but now something has come along and tainted that. You may fear some external negative force could be ruining your 'whiteness' for the worse. But trust your intuition. Deal with it as best you can, and it'll all come out ok in the end.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Thanks, some things make pretty good sense. I am glad the dream wasnt telling me something bad was going to happen.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Here's what makes better sense, finding cats with cut open bellies is definately not a good sign. This is obvious, they did not cut themselves open. Aside from this, do not liten about any this superstitious #, "It could be good or bad." It's not very specific is it? Literally ANYTHING could happen and that would be correct. There is clearly a cult of some sort of your neighborhood, and it might an idea to inform the police about cats being cut open.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Here's what makes better sense, finding cats with cut open bellies is definately not a good sign. This is obvious, they did not cut themselves open. Aside from this, do not liten about any this superstitious #, "It could be good or bad." It's not very specific is it? Literally ANYTHING could happen and that would be correct. There is clearly a cult of some sort of your neighborhood, and it might an idea to inform the police about cats being cut open.

lol thanks but it was just a dream, I didnt find any real dead cats. I live around maybe 5 people total and know them all very well. None are occultist.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by ClinTrojan]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The teeth falling out dream is far more 'popular' than I can possibly explain.

I know of about eight or nine people who have had this dream and from what i'm aware it's a reflection of anxiety or worry...

There will be people who tell you it's a dream about money, family, health, work etc.... but they are just speculating, donb't listen to these people, essentially a dream about personal worries...

Dreams of cats, well that's a slightly trickier one that i don't wish to speculate too much on at the risk of sounding hypocritial, s o i'll just tell you about a dream i had once...

In my dream i was sat on my bed and around bedroom in various places were a load of white kittens, some alive and some dead. Also in the room werea load of constrictor snakes, tht were crushing the kittens and swallowing them. I kept trying to rescue the kittens and placed them on the bed, but there were too many of them and they kept wandering away to be eaten.

Quite disturbing...

That is until i googled it for a translation and found out that many people dream of similar images and scenes, involving snakes and kittens...

I mean what the hell?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
OMG!!! Last night I had a dream that my daughter and I were walking around an apartment complex (we don't live anywhere near an apartment). There were a TON of fresh 'graves' for cats and we were digging them up and pulling out the cats. They were really gross and decomposed. Some of them were even stuck together.

I haven't finished reading the thread but I was so shocked by your post that I had to reply.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Wierd, anyone is welcome to interpret their dream as well.

I didnt really enough of what I was wanting to know about the dead cats or how they was all cut open....

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Oh.... if it were just a dream you shouldn't really think anything at all of it then =/

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
You pretty close minded If you dont think dreams mean anything...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Getting back to the original dream... Last night I had a dream where I was driving my car over (as in not actually making contact with) cats whose corpses were split at the belly. I came online tonight to find an answer and came across this...
So help me out guys...

I feel pretty unsettled by this

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ClinTrojan

There's someone here that can interpret for you but they're still asleep. I'll run this by them.

It might help if you could draw your dream, even if crudely done.

It would help others see what you saw and maybe help you to organize it yourself.

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I've had the teeth falling out dream plenty and was scared
less then !
Goodthing I still have all of then!

I had 5 newborn kitties that my cat had stillborn last week, it was sad but, I could tell they were'nt ready to be born....poor kitts!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
i had a dream that i was walking in the ocean and tryin to get to land i climbed up some rocks and almost lost my balance, i put my hand down to catch myself and there was a grey dead cat in the water. what could that mean?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
what does it means when you dream about dead cats

new topics

join