It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear Embarrassed On Coast 2 Coast AM

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Just listening to some Coast 2 Coast, for no particular 'educational' reasons but I came across this one which had me laughing and I could actually feel the embarrassment for the host and Mr Lear.

Ok so we have the "calling in" segment of the show where the public call in to ask questions, thus the name. It kicks off with one particular caller from NYC on this link, fast forward to 7mins and 10seconds into this.

And another caller, my favourite so far, isn't satisfied with Lear's answer to the first caller and doesn't let him forget this radio interview. Here's the link for his call, fast forward to 2mins 52seconds.

In my opinion, truth or not, his claims of every planet in the solar system being habitable with blue skies and atmospheres, that actually support life, Mars being populated in its hundreds of millions, were just ripped apart on live radio across the world. I don't understand why these individuals can make such statements - talk about evidence, or lack of, talk about public perception, mis-information and then reply back "I dont know" to questions in which you think they would have asked in their past to come to the conclusion what they're saying is true.

Ridiculous. "I don't know".

What do you guys think of this?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Conspiracy theorists make the mistake of assuming that they aren't sheep like everyone else.

People who believe even one word of Lear's are very simple-minded creatures. There is no hope for people like this, they are just as bad as the people who still support Bush.

And this is also why C2C will never get an ear from me again. They let kooks like him on the air and then BACK HIM UP!!!! What a crock. They are disinformants if there ever were.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I think Lear is a nut. And i've stated this BS that Lear claims planets are inhabited only to get slammed for claiming Lear is a nut [SNIP]. Please. Give me a break.

[SNIP]

Lear is a compete nut job. Period. End of story.

Mod Edit: Civility and Decorum are Required

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Shino

I see NASA is part of a government that doesn't tell the truth.

Until I have proof Ill continue to believe what Mr. Lear says.

I've seen photos of people on mars and on the moon that are in a friends collection.

This is why I question what NASA says there are just too many holes in NASAs info.

sarc.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
While I do believe that Mr.Lear does believe what he states as fact, im curious as to why he has not really produced any tangible scientific proof to back his claims.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I always found Lear a bit entertaining when I stumbled accross his posts. I never could take him seriously to begin with, and someone attacking his theories successfully doesn't really surprise me.
That said, there are people who take him seriously and at his word, so he must have something that makes them believe him, must not work for me.
And as for Coast to Coast, never been able to catch it on Radio, but it's reputation leads me to believe that it's exactly what you'd expect of a Alternetive News/Conspiracy outlet themed radio station.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I think John Lear is a really nice guy, and that is enough for me to dislike the amount of bad manners directed at him. It doesn't matter how much of a crackpot people think he is, he should be treated respectfully as another human being. People can just demean themselves in the way they treat others.

In all of the tales John spins there are nuggets of truth. You don't have to believe everything he says, but nobody can say that everything he says is wrong or lies. And I believe him when he says he doesn't lie, everything he says is what he perceives to be true, and theres a lot on these boards who can't make that claim.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by unnamedninja]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by unnamedninja

So if John told you to go jump off a bridge and you would not die because you would turn into the incredible hulk, then you would do it, right? After all, he's not lying, right? right?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I'd like to think I'm a nice guy but if I went on the radio with a sincere tone, claiming things, do I deserve the respect of those who are listening to me? No. Especially when the subject matter is clouded by a perception that its talked by wack-jobs and nutcases who just want to sell books, Mr Lear's inability to answer even the most blatant and easy - if the claims were fact - questions seem to justify this perception, or will atleast to alot of people.

An answer of "I dont know", with no attempt to try and explain this and instead just goes dead silent, is a joke and a discredit to those who are telling the truth in this field, who try hard to separate themselves away from the falsehood or the nut jobs.

I'm not claiming John is a nutcase, but his words are very damaging to the credibility of the subject matter which then fuels the stereotypes, and paints everyone, including us here, nut jobs.

And you expect us to respect? I don't know the man, I'm not judging his persona but if he presents his claims on a radio then he is willingly allowing his claims to be judged, and I judge them as BS - simply, and yes, simply down to this admission of "er..I dont know".

P.S. And what is this whole our souls are sucked up into a moon base and passed on to new life on Earth nonsense about?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarcastic
reply to post by Shino

I see NASA is part of a government that doesn't tell the truth.

Until I have proof Ill continue to believe what Mr. Lear says.

I've seen photos of people on mars and on the moon that are in a friends collection.

This is why I question what NASA says there are just too many holes in NASAs info.

sarc.

is there any way you can get us these pictures? just out of curiosity

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
it is not hard, when looking up frauds and hoaxes, to find someone who is at least within 3 degrees of coast to coast. for some reason that show just keeps having guests that have already had their fake pasts uncovered, lies proven false, and the like. when looking at the list of con-men allowed BACK on the show to continue selling their drivel, it is hard to put much credibility into any guest of it. but it is a fun show to listen to.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I feel much sadness right now. Mr. Lear is such a nice guy, maybe a little eccentric, but he was always so nice to me. If only you were friendly back. Poor guy. I don't think people treat him very well. Nobody knows 100 percent truth, and we're all just like blind mice, scrambling around constantly trying to figure out what's what. This is unfair. I've got tears welling up right now. He really is a good guy, no matter what he believes. I love that man, and he's frickin' hilarious sometimes and witty and he's got some great comeboacks. So you've all been made happy by his embarrassment in front of millions of listeners. Can you be happy with yourselves now and just drop it?

I hope somebody gave him a hug.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Come...ON! Lear puts himself out there with all this crap so he should be able to take it. Just because he is a "nice guy" does not make him any less of a nutjob. If he expects everyone to just go "Thanks for opening our eyes John!" which I'm sure he does, then he is SADLY mistaken.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

There is a big difference between intentionally lying, and being wrong about something you believe is true.

So it seems nowdays an admirable trait is to assume people are liars because you don't agree with them. People, at least I hope have very good built in lie detectors. If you can't tell liars from genuine people then that's a problem for you i guess. If you've seen videos or heard John speak maybe you can see for yourself. Is he genuine? yes, is he deluded? most probably, is he a liar? nope.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by unnamedninja

For one, I'm sick of people defending Lear because he is a "nice guy." That is not a valid argument to the fact he is nuts. Some people claimed Hitler was a nice guy also if you got to know him. Doesn't make him right.

So it seems nowdays an admirable trait is to assume people are liars because you don't agree with them.

It is one thing if he was lying on the computer about the color of his shoes. I may give him the benefit of the doubt on that. But his lies go above and beyond the call of duty to spread BS across the WORLD. It the stuff that he lies about.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   

For one, I'm sick of people defending Lear because he is a "nice guy." That is not a valid argument to the fact he is nuts. Some people claimed Hitler was a nice guy also if you got to know him. Doesn't make him right.

Hmm, well I never said he was right, I never said he isn't nuts. I said he should be treated respectfully as another human being. What do you think about how he should be treated?

It is one thing if he was lying on the computer about the color of his shoes. I may give him the benefit of the doubt on that. But his lies go above and beyond the call of duty to spread BS across the WORLD. It the stuff that he lies about.

John isn't spreading lies, he's saying what he believes. You people rail against him because it confounds you that people choose to believe him. Anyone who blindly believes anyone is already a lost cause, so just let them sink.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Hah, "nice guy?" Lear is the most smug, egocentric hoaxer I have ever seen in my life.

He's a walking bug zapper. Those silly little insects who just want something to believe will follow him around til the end, it seems, when they will get zapped by the much less exciting truth.

He might actually believe himself (I highly doubt that), but even then, it doesn't mean he's owed any more respect by me or anyone else. He's someone who is running around with too much money and likes to see if he can get a crew of followers for fun.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
Hah, "nice guy?" Lear is the most smug, egocentric hoaxer I have ever seen in my life.

He's a walking bug zapper. Those silly little insects who just want something to believe will follow him around til the end, it seems, when they will get zapped by the much less exciting truth.

He might actually believe himself (I highly doubt that), but even then, it doesn't mean he's owed any more respect by me or anyone else. He's someone who is running around with too much money and likes to see if he can get a crew of followers for fun.

THANK YOU! Thank you..Santa! I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join