It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mods abusing there power (different site)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
ok, i was playing on one of my MMORPG sites, i shall leave it un-named, anyway one of the moderators of the site(the moderators get advanced training, cheap abilities and amazingly cheap weapons), well in this fight, i put the beatdown on this person so hard, the battle log went something like this

me: pulls out a shuriken and throws it into the sky, and forms hand signs at extreme speed, cloning the shuriken many times over, they then converge on jerk mod who abused his power dealing 5000 damage

jerk mod who abused his power: summons the power of lightning and imbues it within his soul, empowering every successful attack with lightning, he then strikes at me a million times over dealing 500 damage

me: attacks using a meteor hammer dealing 4000 damage

in this game you can train certain aspects of power

illusion
inner power
punching and kicking techniques
weapon techniques

here are my stats

weapon offense: 25000
physical defense: 10000, with a special technique that activates the moment i enter battle doubling my stat in this area

now his stats are as follows

physical offense: 5000 with a technique that adds 50% in battle
weapon defense: 10000 with a technique that adds 50% in battle

now, after this battle was done i was banned from the site, without warning or anything for apparently cheating the system, this mod who had been playing the game for 2 months, had lower stats than me, I have been playing for six months, and i got banned for being better than a mod, well, it looks like this site has lost about a tenth of its players, because a tenth of its players are living in my town, and once this story gets out to my friends they will lose so many people.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hey.......it's just a game. You've played many, and will probably play many more.

Chillllllll
or you'll end up square eyed and trying to cast spells on police officers when they arrest you for jumping on the store counter and demanding the mighty sword of nazgul (33% off) and a lycra cloak of unlimited cooking abilities!

Maybe a petition would help. Can you contact the management and arrange a public "duel" between this mod and your noble self? Always better dealing with the organ grinder, not the monkey
"fistycuffs" in binary. (bets taken).

Thwack thy foe furiously with fish!

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

"I rolled an 18, he failed his saving throw ..."

You remind me of this guy!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Enrikez

IM WEARING BOOTS OF ESCAPING, sorry off topic, but believe it or not, im not that nerdy, just play a couple mmorpg

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by outrider

It might sound a little trivial considering that its just a game and an internet game to be exact. But obviously mods need to not abuse their power and if there are mods on a certain board that keep doing that then that board isnt worth your time (not intended to sound like Im refering to any particular forums).

The mods here on ATS are fine, you just have to stay with-in the t&c.... and the mods do a good job of keeping things in order (although I disagree with some decisions of people being banned, but for the most part everything is in order).

lol, theres my little mini rant for the day

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by funky monk

well,my banning will be lifted tonight, and the mod has lost his status, andhis cheap mod only items, and skills, gotta love the way the system works

new topics

top topics

join