It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes ats and its posters like this???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Well I've been on ats for a few months now.

And I have noticed a few things that I havent really seen on other dissuscussion boards and I was wondering why is ats like that.

So I have come up with a few questions that I'd like to hear from a some members why ats is like that.
And if your one of the people who are like the posters I describe it'd be interesting to see why you do so also.

Why are there so many members here that it seems like this website is
there life?
Like why are there so many people on here who it seems like they spend days researching topics then writing huge threads on here?
I havent really seen this on other dissuscion boards(but then again I havent really spend much time on other ones)
And it seems like a few members are on here none stop?
I know there are these for any website but why do you choose here a conspiracy dissuscion board.

It seems like here on ats that there is a close nit community of posters.
Like there seems to be alot of members who have made friends on here(me included) and know all about them and care about them like how you would know and treat any other freind outside of ats.
So why on a dissuscion board like this would this happen?
Stuff like this ussally happens on myspace and facebook and other websites dedicated to people.
So why is it like that on a conpiracy site???

Also there seems to be a lot of diversity to the members on ats.
So why does ats attarct such diverse members???
Why would a conspiracy dissucusion board do this???
I didnt no that so many people were interested in stuff like this.

Just some questions to think about.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I like the copyright aspect.

See to your right at the bottom of your post.

Plus, we are different. Some like being thurough, some like being just high lighters, some like being simple, some like being complex.

^^They appeal to certian kinds of readers.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Some of us even get paid to sway opinions. I won't mention any names though.

Some of us a full-time job and/or our own business so often can't commit as much when we would like to, but do find some time nonetheless.

The topics range a wide spectrum and many are topics that are censored by the media etc. which make them interesting.

This board, unlike most others, has a good attractive futuristic interface.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 5ealchris

Chris it happens because we are all humans, we make connections with other people, their views, their personality, it may sound odd, but some people are more open on forums than real life, it's funny but sometimes you get to see some people for who they really are more than people that would meet them in real life, people make friends on other forums too, it's natural.

It's the strange new start of human evolution. Connections, human emotions, views, opinions, agendas all connected to people far away across the world with an easy click on the mouse.

It might be weird....but it's human nature.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I think when someone finds something cool to do other than replicate they tend to do it alot.

new topics

top topics

join