It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 - No Spiritual Awakening/Ascension/ Second Coming, Etc. - Then What?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Disclaimer: Before I begin the thread I am not a sceptic or bias on the topic, I have a keen interest on the subject and would like to hear people's views.

So, there have been a lot of theories regarding 2012. There's spiritual awakening or ascension - evolving into beings of higher conciousness or moving into the 4th dimension, the Second Coming of the Messiah whether Christian, Jewish, Muslim or the coming of the antichrist, WWIII, the rapture, mass alien sightings resulting in disclosure, Planet X/Nibiru, nothing.

The list goes on and on and on.

The purpose of this thread is to gather people's views and opinions on the subject of 2012, whatever aspect of it you believe will happen and why you are so certain it will come to be true.

I'm particularly interested in the hardcore believers reaction if nothing of significance happens in that year, the ones who have a situation x plan all set out, who have sold their house, funded equipment and travel costs for the year. To these people who have given up just about everything in belief that this is what will happen how would you react when none of the above happens and 2012 is just another year signifying the end of an ancient calander?

Would you go back to your job to be ridiculed by your fellow employees? Start again and find a new year to have hope in? Commit suicide due to the overwhelming acception that the world is the same bleak place it was a day ago? Basically, what next?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kyle-2302

We were hoping you knew???

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

The only reason 2012 is the new date is because the Mayan calendar ends. A "new" book by Nostradomus is supposed to claim it is 2012 now (the book was not written by him as tests confirmed). There will be a new year chosen as soon as 12-21-12 passes.

Edited for content

[edit on 7/21/2008 by kidflash2008]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm planning a huge party on 12-21-12. Even if nothing happens, at least we got nice and intoxicated!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
In 2012 21 Dec, give or take a few days, our solar system aligns it self with the milky ways ecliptic plane. This happens every 26, 000 years or so, and has been proven by our scientist. Really! It’s hard to describe with out a diagram. That is why the Mayan calendar is getting so much hype. Some how by coincidence or knowledge, there calendar aligns with this rare event. You can Google John Major Jankins, Lot of info on this alignment and related resources. Some say because our solar system is heading into this more energized part of the Milky Way it will effect us, both physical and spiritually. But the fact remains, this is a rare event.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by earthbear13

If the Mayans were still around they would of built a new calendar to replace the one that ends in 2012. I doubt the Mayans knew about the alignment of the Milky Way Galaxy.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Yup, wouldn't be surprising if nothign happens.
I reckon it'll be something like 22/2/22 can't think of any other significant numbers.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by iceofspades

Lol fair enough. Might not be a great impression if something highly spiritual such as the second coming happens

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Yeah, I've heard a lot about this but there seems to be a lot about galactic alignment. I don't know whether or not this is the photon cloud I've heard about or the dark rift, there's probabaly a few names to go along with all the theories out there.

I'll definitely run a search on him. Thanks

[edit on 21-7-2008 by kyle-2302]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Well I don't know about that, the Mayans actually knew a great deal about our galaxy and when you compare some of the worlds major events to points on their calander it seems more than coincidence. I believe the Mayans had a vast knowledge of astronomy but explored and studied it in a completely different way from modern man. It seemed a lot more spiritual and meaningful rather than the material sense we have nowadays.
I don't know if you've read anything about Mayan gods but i recommend you do, it's pretty fascinating. I highly recommend researching 'Quetzalcoatl' and see what other of these gods you can find, I think a number of them were worshipped because of the knowledge they gave them which seemed pretty significant to them. I guess it was pretty significant to when again, the calander is very precise to our solar system and alignments.
As you may have guessed I'm not an expert on the subject
so I need to do a bit more research myself.

Anyway, i gather your opinion is that 2012 will go by just like every other year?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

The Galactic Alignment is the alignment of the December solstice sun with the Galactic equator. This alignment occurs as a result of the precession of the equinoxes.

Precession is caused by the earth wobbling very slowly on its axis and shifts the position of the equinoxes and solstices one degree every 71.5 years. Because the sun is one-half of a degree wide, it will take the December solstice sun 36 years to precess through the Galactic equator (see diagram below).

The precise alignment of the solstice point (the precise center-point of the body of the sun as viewed from earth) with the Galactic equator was calculated to occur in 1998 (Jean Meeus, Mathematical Astronomy Morsels, 1997).

Thus, the Galactic Alignment "zone" is 1998 +/- 18 years = 1980 - 2016. This is "era-2012."

This Galactic Alignment occurs only once every 26,000 years, and was what the ancient Maya were pointing to with the 2012 end-date of their Long Count calendar.

These are the astronomical facts of the matter. From a larger perspective, we can visualize the 2012 Galactic Alignment in the following way:

Position A is where the December solstice sun was in relation to the Milky Way some 3,000 years ago

Position B is 1,500 years ago

Position C is "era-2012", when the December solstice sun has converged, as a result of the precession of the equinoxes, with the exact center-line of the Milky Way (the Galactic equator)

Notice that the place of alignment is where the 'nuclear bulge' of the Galactic Center is located. It is my hope that the these definitions will help to standardize the terminology so we can clearly discuss the rare precessional alignment that culminates in era-2012.

The ecliptic: The path followed by the sun, moon, and planets. It is the plane of our solar system. The ecliptic encircles the earth and is divided into twelve constellations, or zodiac signs.

The Milky Way: The bright band of star that our solar system belongs to. It encircles the earth and is wider in the region of Sagittarius because that is where the 'nuclear bulge" of the Milky Way's center is located (our Milky Way is saucer shaped).

The Galactic equator: The precise mid-line running down the Milky Way. Analogous to the earth's equator, it divides the galaxy into two hemispheres, or lobes.

The Dark Rift in the Milky Way: A feature caused by interstellar dust that runs along the Milky Way from the Galactic Center northward past the constellation of Aquila.

The December solstice sun: The sun, on the December solstice. It is one-half of a degree wide.

The December solstice point: The precise midpoint of the sun, on the December solstice.

The Precession of the equinoxes: The earth wobbles very slowly on its axis and this causes the position of the equinox to shift backwards, or precess, through the signs of the ecliptic at the rate of one degree every 71.5 years. The full precessional wobble is complete in roughly 25,800 years.

The vernal equinox point is defined by the intersection of the ecliptic and the celestial equator.

The Celestial Equator: The earth's equator projected into the stars. It is the plane of the earth's rotation

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The Mayan calender doesn't "end" in 2012, it cycles.

And as for what happens then. There's a lot of speculation, but no real factual evidence or suggestions.

I guess this quote from the movie The Matrix gives perspective:

"We cannot see beyond the choices we do not understand"

As long as we have no understanding of what might, will or could happen during a solar alignment with the elliptical plane, we cannot even imagine what might, will or could happen or what comes after it.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thematrix

"We cannot see beyond the choices we do not understand"

As long as we have no understanding of what might, will or could happen during a solar alignment with the elliptical plane, we cannot even imagine what might, will or could happen or what comes after it.

I think there are very few in this world that understand what might, will or could happen during a solar alignment but even these people are not positively sure. The governments of the world know all about this event but could never really say for sure what's going to happen. There are many possibilities but most of those possibilities lead to a large-scale natural catastrophe of some kind occuring in and around the year 2012-2018 or at the time of the solar alignment.

"We cannot see beyond 2012 as we do not understand"

Accurate statement.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I do not know. T'would be sad if nothing happened of significance for anyone. If death just happened, eternal darkness...what a gip. I would be mad, want a refund or something (If I had such say in such matters). Persoanlly (and don't judge me being a Star Trek nerd, I smoked tough the entire while in getting my undergraduate degree) I want the thought-traveler powers that is given to Weslet in Next Generation. To look at a star, and cover that distance at the speed of thought would be quite nice.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
No matter what happens, unless we all somehow evolve into beings of pure energy, people will still be people. That means we'll have to eat, sleep, and go to the bathroom. We'll still have to go to jobs and make money to live. We'll still fight over parking spaces and have to vacuum out our cars once in a while.

There are some people who imagine some horrible time of constant war and misery and death, followed by a fantastic world where we all skip around in white robes in fields of daisies for the rest of our lives.

I imagine that just like in the past, we'll mostly just get along as we always do, without constant extremes of either terror or joy.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Unless you hide under a rock and don't pay attention to anything, it does not take very much brain power to see that between now and 2012 mankind will change forever.

For those who don't seem to be able to put 2+2 together, I will break it down for you.

Three things that will change mankind forever between now and 2012:

1. The complete collapse of America, Economical & Social (May start happening in a couple of months)

2. "The Powers That Be" will play out their final plans and agendas for their NWO.

3. DISCLOSURE!

These are just three of the biggest things that WILL happen between now and 2012. I did not mention the 50 other things that may happen as well.

Skeptics & Critics of 2012 do not understand or care to understand that 2012 has very little to do with the Mayan Calender and more to do with the major changes mankind will go through between now and 2012.

Mankind will never be the same by the time 2012 rolls around and this is a fact. I could care less what the Mayan Calender says.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Malevolent_Aliens

Wow, I don't think I've seen it explained in that much detail before
thanks!
So as we move through the Galactic Equator are there any significant changes that will happen involving the evolution of mankind, something spiritual, anything along those lines?
Or will it just be the end of a great astronomical cycle to celebrate?

Also you said that it takes 36 years for the sun to pass through this galactic equator. Does the cycle just begin again?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

well I'm sure something's bound to happen with everything happening to our solar system and the way things are going on Earth we could even end up blowing ourselves up by then.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by housegroove23

Yeah, your right there the collapse of the American economy seems pretty much imminent at the moment and i realize there are a lot of predicitons out there stating it will begin in September. Or October. Or November. The date keeps changing.
So, the final plans and agendas of the NWO, any specualtion on that?
Disclosure?
would that be after the final plans and agendas of the NWO? Revealed by them? It could always be one of those hologram fly bys a lot of people believe will happen before true disclosure.
Or do you think that these aliens will make themselves known to the public themselves?
What would we do then? These aliens could be manevolent or benevolent, either way would the human race even accept this?

Hmm so you say by the time 2012 goes by mankind will never be the same? You don't see this as being a coincidence with the end of the Mayan Calander which many people believe will be the Apocalypse (Revealing)?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Umm we are awakening right now on a scale like never before. Millions are taking the path just in america alone. If u dont know this, u are either sleeping or not talking to the right people. And if I understand the way things spread, it will be well into the 10s of millions within say 10 years. The youth are really something to watch. They are starting very young. And they got us to guide them early on.

Interesting that all this evolution and escalation is happening near 2012. I dont think it has to be an event that happens in a second.. I think its probably an omega point , equivalent to the steepest point in a paradigm shift (S-curve).

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join