It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was John Titor really Milton William Cooper ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Titor said so himself, claimed it was to protect his family, although he used the internet (an easily trackable source) from their home to communicate with us
. Just a convienent excuse of his, like most of his reasoning.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

It seems like either he spent an awful lot of time concocting a very elaborate hoax, judging by his "technical data" that are shown in his ATS archive. What do you think the point was in doing that, boredom, insanity, deliberate disinfo? Also if he used his home computer to do all of that couldn't his I.P. address be traced and at least some personal info be gleaned from that.
Just because he and Cooper had some similar ideas why then is there speculation that they were the same person?
Has anyone tried that # yet? I'm really not B.S. ing about it I'm EXTREMELY CURIOUS about the continued existance of an active phone number for a guy who s supposed to be dead. I think at least it deserves further investigation. If it is a computer modem then we should be able to find an I.P. address right? And then find out a bit more info on just what is going on there. If it is a FAX(dont have one at home) then I invite ANYONE OUT THERE TO SEND IT A MESSAGE!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The man was married. Maybe his wife didn't feel like changing the fax number. People invest in customized office supplies. Maybe his widow doesn't want to change the number because it's listed on everything or because it would be too much of a hassle for everyone likely to fax her.

There are any number of reasons people keep phone numbers active. When a spouse dies, people don't automatically change everything. They go on using the same numbers they've always used. There's no real reason to change them, especially for a fax machine.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by spookjr

I think it was for attention. It was far too calculated to simply be a delusion mind at work; possibly someone expected to make money off of it at some point, but never made much. The lawyer that put Titor’s book together (the one of his postings) has connections with Disney.

I believe it is illegal for the sites he used to give out his IP address, he usually used a Proxy so it would be hard for a regular person to track him down but if the government was ever actually interested him they’d have no problem finding him, and Titor being the clever guy he is was would obviously have know that.

Like I said before I don’t have any links to Cooper involving Titor, I’m just pointing out that it wouldn’t surprise me because Cooper didn’t always seem mentally sound and I know he could pull it off, he was familiar with the community Titor sought out.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Titor stated that there would be no 2008 Olympics. Hmmm. I'll cut him some slack and wait till the first medal is passed out to the recipient and then I'll call him a fake outloud.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by spookjr

Am responding to this; "Was John Titor really Milton William Cooper ? " B.S. because of the response I have just read concerning Bill. Milton William Cooper.. or as we used to call him, "Bill" ... was not "John Titor" !!!!

The name "John Titor", was a topic on the "Coast to Coast AM" programs many times back some years ago. Titor was allegedly, or thought to be a "time traveler"... whom had supposedly 'come & gone' at times in our generation from the future and had even went so far as to post his writings on the internet at times. He then seemed to just disappear and no one has heard from him since. Of course some of the "Coast to Coast AM" listeners sucked it up as factual. One of the last programs I recall on the subject of Titor was with George Noory hosting guest Oliver Williams on "John Titor & Time Travel" on August 07, 2004.

Also... Bill did not have two false legs... only one. And that was due to a FED-induced motorcycle accident in which they ran Bill off the road riding his motorcycle and pushed over a cliff, where he was left for dead & eventually found by a site-seeing/traveling elderly couple as they spotted Bill down the embankment/cliff. That is how Bill lost his leg. I could elaborate more but if you want the real truth.. go to Bills web site, which is still in operation at; www.hourofthetime.com.... There is a short bio on Bill there.

And as Bill used to say to us who listened to his show; "Read everything, talk to everyone, don't believe anything unless you can verify it in your own research."

May God Save This Republic.
Tony

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It seems very plausible to me that cooper and titor could be one and the same, i mean cooper wrote a book on his beleifs so why not portray a time traveler on the internet to continue to get his point accross? Titor did not nessesarily have to be the person that he said he was, meaning the facts he gave about himself ma not have been true at all it could have just been cooper PORTRAING a time traveler

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bowcatz001
Titor stated that there would be no 2008 Olympics. Hmmm. I'll cut him some slack and wait till the first medal is passed out to the recipient and then I'll call him a fake outloud.

Keep in mind John Titor said no Olympics after 2004, and so far that has been wrong. However, also keep in mind that Titor said there was about a 2.5% difference between our worldline and his, so the cancellation of the Olympics could be in that 2.5 range. When you think about it, 2.5% is a big difference in these terms.

I'm one that believes a lot of what Titor said, and in my opinion I do not think he was Milton Cooper. Then again, I don't know a lot about Cooper. I'll look into it. Thanks for the idea spark.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by Niobis]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
You do not send a man with no legs back in time to get critical components for the future...end of story mave along.
*These are not the droids you are looking for.*

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bowcatz001

Me too, but the problem we have there is that his point, even that statement is infaslifiable because the "believers" will state that its a worldline divergance in accordance with the 2-3% as stated by, non other than, Titor.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by smans]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I for many reasons dont believe Cooper could have been a hoax. He served in the military, thats pretty traceable right?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by spookjr
Wouldnt it be possible then to look at birth records from this year and discover if there was indeed a baby born with the name John Titor? Probably would take while but if he is legit then the documentation should be available, therefore if the info was discovered we should be able to find out alot of thing about his family also. He states that he lives in Fl. in 2036 and woulkd not consider living far from his family, doesnt that mean his parents are alive and there right now?

he explains in his many posts that John Titor isn't his real name..

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This is what comes up when dialing the number using a modem:

U?~?~?~?~?~?~?~?~?~?~?~?~?ß($šÞg¹˜™l¶Ù@  ãßâÇÄ@Cï4´U ³™[)Z™´Ôøÿÿÿÿÿÿ
ÿÿpx~?~?~?~?~?~?~?~?~?~?~?~?~B
ò;r"’Þ~?~?~?~?~?~?~?~?~?~?~?~?~B
ò;r˜™l¶Ù@ ã
ßâÇÄ@Cïƒq
…^

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by smans
You do not send a man with no legs back in time to get critical components for the future...end of story mave along.

First of all, one leg, he was missing one leg, reading comprehension is your friend.

Second of all the OP is saying that Titor was a hoax, not a time traveler, so your whole thing about sending a handicapped person back to collect equipment, is totally shot, again reading comprehension for the win.

Whats being discussed he is whether or not Bill Cooper pretended to be John Titor, thus pretending to be a time traveller, so again the discussion is really based around people who don't believe titor was a time traveller , just a fake. Which I think 90% of ATS believes. Hardly anyone buys the Titor story anymore, since SO many things he predicted have not come to pass.

I thought Star Wars fans were more intelligent than this, *cries*

I hope this clears things up for you

Anyhow Bill Cooper being Titor, no way. Cooper had way too much on his plate than try something like this. He also would have been alot smarter about his predictions. He also would have been smart enough to know the laser bending picture was wrong from every area of physics as we know it. He never would have posted such junk.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Nola213]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by spookjr

Google the phone number...you'll get a bit more info. I believe it is some hotline you get referred to, and a fan club of sorts.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by smans

Hey, maybe the fake legs of the future are fabulous. You never know.

At the end of the 19th century, man still couldn't fly. Look how far we've come in 100 years or so.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I think most of you are missing the point. I think the original author was saying that this Cooper guy faked being John Titor.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreyFoxSolid
I think most of you are missing the point. I think the original author was saying that this Cooper guy faked being John Titor.

Thank you, I believe Cooper invented Titor because the rhetoric was the same that I heard on the manny appearances on the Alan handelman Show.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Well, now we really have to wonder about Titor's prediction regarding the Olympics. Iraq has just been banned from the 2008 games!

Iraq banned from Beijing Summer Olympics

LAUSANNE, Switzerland - IOC says Iraq will not compete at Beijing Olympics because of government interference. Iraq has been banned because of a government decision to disband the country's National Olympic Committee, a senior official of the committee said on Thursday.

Source

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join