It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All in favor of dividing the Alien's/UFO's forum say 'I'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Comment if you are in favor or even opposed. I'm not doing this for points. Just wanna get a good head count and see if there's enough momentum here to really make this happen. Perhaps this thread can be a voice to those who are fed up with sifting through the endless stream "questionable" threads.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

If you aren't familiar with this topic in previous discussions, it basically breaks down like this:

For easier/quicker forum browsing, I am proposing the Alien's/UFO's forum be split into 2 groups. Zorgon has presented an optional forum C as well.

Forum A) Photos/Video/Visual Documents

Forum B) Anecdotal Stories/Second-hand accounts/Hoaxes

Forum C) Hard facts

Its monday. I'm cranky. Please forgive me.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I'm not sure about dividing it three ways..
But sometimes I wish to separate the UFO stuff from the Alien stuff.
However, Aliens supposedly come from UFO's..so how to go about two different forums..very difficult.
I suppose Zorgon is on to something there, but..I fear a forum on Hard Facts would be grossly under used.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
*sings* Guns N Roses...

"all you need is a little patience....."

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
*sings* Guns N Roses...

"all you need is a little patience....."

AHH, point taken.SWEET!
Love G&R by the way...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

I think it could easily be divided between UFOs/aliens - would be a good idea

oops - one line post -

would be a VERY good idea

[edit on 7/21/2008 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I have to agree as well. To many people are posting their stories whether they are true or not, and is clogging up boards. Many of those stories should be in Skunk Works. The only story I enjoyed happened to be by Sleeper. His new site is on the bottom of my sig by the way. Extra Terrestrial Speak.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I say I

Excellent Idea!

About time someone said it!

I like the category hoaxes.....All known hoaxes go there, even if potential hoaxers would like to chime in they would have a place to put their garbage

Scumbag hoaxers!

Hoaxer hosers!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
There are so many forums now that it is getting out of hand. Cant we just keep it how it is ? Do we have to change it right no, isn't it OK ? There are so many forums that i hardly have enough time to look round them all now.

Fox

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Well its just that the UFO/Alien section is overwhelmingly active all the time.....

We need filters......

Those filters would be forum names......

I think its a wonderful idea!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Back in the old days of the ATS council, this idea was raised by us and we rejected the idea of a split.

I even raised this idea for the New World Order section and presented ideas for a police state and multimedia section too. Those were rejected as well because splitting a forum can be messy work and moderators will be spending time moving threads all over the place.

If its not broken, don't fix it.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
What are the mods for then!

Id say let them do their duty!

Easy for me to say.....

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
So how are you going to make people know what are hard facts and which ones aren't? Maybe a compilation of interesting threads into tinWiki or something would be a lot better.

How exactly do you converse about UFO's and such without mixing aliens into that? There's a big audience over there, and most just want to mix these things whether or not it is logical.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN

Easy for me to say.....

Well duh!

We're here to look all pretty'n stuff.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I,,,,,,,, can never make a decision. Don't ask me such hard questions.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by Daz3d-n-Confus3d]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN

Easy for me to say.....

Yer and with all of these new forums were going to have to get the mods numbers up too 90+ and then the mods will have no life on ATS they'll have no time to post, just time to check other peoples posts. Too many forums means to many mods spread out, usually through the day there is only 10 or so on at the most; that's 10 or so mods to cover every forum on ATS AND BTS. Don't thin them out even more.

Fox

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
im in favor of that

i do also think, actual alien stuff to ufo stuff should be seperate as that is a huge step from the same subject, you know

i think reptilians should be right out

well how about U.B.H.P.T.Sish. for the lizard people

uber below hardly proof top secretish? yes with a question mark

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I would love to see that forum separated. When I think "UFO" I don't automatically think 'extraterrestrial'.

I think the UFO category should cover such things as sightings, video, photos, witness testimony, etc.

Then a separate category for Aliens covering such things as abductions, theories, sightings, brawls, etc.

An 'obvious' Hoax category would be great too. But I agree that UFO's and Aliens should definetely be separated.

Rush

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

Hoaxer hosers!

Hey now....
I'm a PROUD HOSER!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
No, No, No, No. Oh yeah... No.

There is enough confusion already. Plenty of Alien/UFO threads get tossed to Skunkworks. Or Area 51 / Secret base threads jammed into another forum.

Now there is "another forum in the making" that will make it even worse to round up all the content.

I like the madness in the Alien / UFO forum. Its great the way it is / was.

No more forums, theres too many already. If you are going to introduce a new forum, it should at least be a fresh topic, not a spin off.

Spin offs suck. Name one good spin off TV show. Frasier, and we already have a psychology forum.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join