It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RANT: no you are NOT being watched

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Why is it with all the people claiming that the govt or some shady guys spying on them simply because they have alternative views? There are millions of people who believe in aliens or think that 9-11 was an inside job. The agencies have better things to do than follow you in dark limos or unmarked cars.
The people outside are probably people like us, and i am pretty sure that the one you fled after you saw them parked nearby were just doing something illegal like drugs or planning a robbery and chose to GTFO. Or simply some guy desperatly waiting for his gf to show up and you happen to catch him as he was leaving. Or maybe its your partner doing dodgy stuff and being followed by police!
Honestly, with todays technologies the agencies can see and hear everything one does from an office. So please next time think before you post

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
So please next time think before you post

i was thinking the same thing about your post!

whether these ppl's fear is justified or not, to them at least, it is a legit fear. i think that you getting mad over their posts speaks volumes about you as a person and your compassion. don't like their threads, then stay out of them.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Disinfo Agent!

Just teasing. Yes, I saw a recent thread about such a thing but told the OP it sounded more like a PI than anything else. But if you can't be paranoid around here, where else can you go? lol No hard feelings toward the OP of that thread even if I think he was mistaken. He at least chose the right platform to post his suspicions- the internet's largest tin foil hat website.

Not knocking your rant, though. We all need to vent, too!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Ha, I think I know what you mean! I guess some people just have a guilty mind and get paranoid! I think you'd have to be a real activist to warrant the government watching you.

[Puts on conspiracy hat]

Or would you?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Well they are using keywords to filter out traffic, for example. They are not going to personally read every single post you make, that's certain at least. It is quite obvious that they like to watch people who post rarely, but intelligently, and those people who clearly have impact on other people. If you are just an average poster, so to speak, your posts get filtered in but then deleted.

This is just a guess.

[edit on 21/7/08 by rawsom]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Something came into my mind.

A lot of online traffic is unencrypted, and some of it (like traditional plain-text e-mail and newsgroups) even ASCII. Most is binary, but nevertheless unencrypted. So, we encrypt some and then comes in a technique that can actually crack your encryption to see what is actually transferred.

So what?

If most traffict becomes encrypted, how are they going to decrypt some two billion different streams of encrypted material with different keys? You could use statistical cracking with a selected set of random spectrum in each one simultaneously, but you would still only get a glimpse and you would have to play with luck.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Hey! If any of you people who think you are being watched are reading this, I have the total solution for you:

Just go to a doctor and tell him/her that you believe that you might be "depressed". That will automatically categorize you as having a "mental illness" and they won't watch you anymore, believe me. You're credibility is then down the drain, and they won't care what you do.

heheheh....lol....lol....heheheh

new topics

top topics

join