It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fatal bus bombs in China as Olympics loom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Fatal bus bombs in China as Olympics loom

www.euronews.net

Deadly bomb blasts on three buses in China’s southwestern city of Kunming, in Yunnan province, have left at least three dead and 14 injured. The explosions come just three weeks before the Olympic Games get underway in capital Beijing. Police describe the blasts as “sabotage.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.telegraph .co.uk
www.abc.net.au
www.m onstersandcritics.com

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Internal terrorism or outside interference from those opposed to the olympics being held in China?

www.euronews.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
My guess would be, for lack of better information, internal. Remember the Chinese gov't. has a lively internal struggle going on in the western provinces...no reason to think they couldn't have migrated.

Or maybe it was the Gov't itself, to try and foster a "poor little us" feeling in the west prior to the games.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
First time I have heard of any bombings in China, not the sort of thing you see reported often.

I wonder if this a new thing or whether there have been others previously but just not reported in the western press?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Tibetans... and Chinese Muslims trying to take advantage of the Olympics to gain independence. It might just work... and the CIA is probably supporting them.

Chinese government is undergoing hell from all this terrorism in the Western provinces.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Just had a little google search as what you said was interesting, found a link which states that

"Jihadis from Western China released several propaganda videos. The videos proclaim jihad against Beijing, accusing the Communist government of ties to Christian forces."

This was posted in 2005, the theory for 'sympathy' could have something in it. Must resaerch a little more first though.

Here is the Link

The Jawa Report Chinese Suicide Bombings

Will keep looking

Peace

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

That's not an unlikely scenario given the tightness of control of news flow into and out of China. Even given the wonder of modern communications.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Actually guys there is no point in me digging, just type 'bus bombings in China' into google and there are lots of reports, some however do seem to be delayed from the date of the event suggesting a little containment.

I also cant recall any major western news outlets covering the stories as they happen. But they are on the web.

Happy Hunting

Peace

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
They (China) kind of invite this sort of thing because of the way they deal with internal nationalism.
They deport people into central China and put ethnic Chinese into the region.
So, if a bomb goes off, hundreds of miles away from the problem area, guess why they are there.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
wonder how long the information will take of a 'sabotage' happening during the olympics.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Do you think if these Olympics get canceled that the world will pay just a bit more attention to the John Titor story? I mean , he did lose some credibility because of the 04 olympics but I myself have always maintained that he never bothered to consider the winter olympics... Lord knows I don't.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
China: You can't eat the food (tainted). You can't breathe the air (polluted). And now you can't ride the bus (blown up). People are out of their minds to go there, IMO. Forget the fact that they might arbitrarily decide never let you leave; now you might not even get the chance to try.

top topics

join