It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any insight on this strange dream I had?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I am the mother of three boys, and without going into much detail, these will be our only children. My husband and I are both fine with that, and know financially, and emotionally, three is definitely as many as we want!

But the other night I had the strangest dream. There was a crowd of us at the hospital and my husband and I were running around like chickens with our heads cut off when someone said "you're missing the baby being born!" We ran into a room, and there was a very old friend of mine that I haven't had a relationship with now for about 15 years in the hospital bed giving birth. They took the baby from her and wrapped it up and laid it in her arms.

She said "here's your baby guys...and It's the girl you wanted!" I opened the blanket and it was a cabbage patch doll complete with black yarn hair in a ponytail on top of her head!! LOL I ooohed and aaahed over the baby and kept saying "she looks just like ME!" while everyone else agreed.

Odd enough that this friend I haven't seen in ages was I guess surrogating for us..but that the baby was a doll, a girl (which I kind of always wanted), and that I thought this doll looked just like me.

I know in dreams you can't take things literally, but is this just my yearning for the daughter I never had, or does it mean something else? i'm not concerned, and know I'm not having anymore kids, but was just interested in what this dream could be interpreted as?

thanks

Michelle

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hi Michelle,

I would say it is your desire for a daughter. Perhaps the fact your friend has it in the dream suggests your acknowledgment that, at this time for whatever reasons, you and your husband can/will not have more children. Perhaps that it is a doll in your dream suggests that deep down you recognize that having a daughter is not realistic? Just guesses, and I wish you all the best. My new bride and I are deciding when to start our family, so she's having strange dreams too.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Maybe it means an issue or friend has come back in your life that you haven't or have dealt with but haven't seen for awhile. Maybe you've gotten something from resolving that issue or from a friend, you think it's real, but you know it really isn't?

I think the more likely explanation is what Toromos said though
mine is just I don't know, but maybe it helps in some small way?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
It may be that you are looking at your past and you see how you were always socially accepted and was happy with that but you are realizing that it was never who you wanted to be. It was just the model that fit that you chose and now you may have some regret or you are questioning that decision.

I did not mean to cast any darkness, it was just my angle of interpreting.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I think you are just yearning for a daughter. Perhaps realizing that you could lover her no matter if she came from your womb or another's. THere are so many ways to have a baby these days. Not just nautual birth or adoption anymore. You can have one of your eggs fertalized by your husbands sperm in a dish and have it grow in either your womb or someone elses. Really the possibilities now days are amazing. It is natural for your mind to reach out and consider all things when you are yearning for something.

top topics

join