It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian combat aircraft possibly returning to Cuba to counter missile shields

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
I happen to agree with the suggestion that we allow Russia to put their own defense shield up in Cuba with the same numbers as our base's in Eastern Europe. Ten missiles, all kinetic kill vehicles, that should be fair. This way neither shield would impede the other from a large nuclear strike, the US can defend against rogue nations, and Russia can be even with the US.

Strategic bombers on the other hand is something completely different. But what will really be problematic is if they put nukes in Cuba again. If that happens then all the agreements we agreed on in the last Cuban Missile Crisis go out the window, including our agreement not to invade Cuba.

The bombers don't drop bombs anymore, they are flying launch pads
for Stealth Cruise Missiles with 200 Kilo-ton nukes onboard.

They could be south of Cuba and launch the damn things, and
they are Terrain hugging, with topographic contour maps.

They have been speculated to have a range of up to 5,000km
allowing them to hit 80% of the US from south of Cuba.

The KH-55 is the foundation of the missile:

en.wikipedia.org...

The KH-102 is the new upgraded version with mention of a newer
less known, KH-555 as well:

www.globalsecurity.org...

So a lot of ppl will laugh at the old planes, but what is onboard is
several autonomous Stealth Cruise Missiles with hyper accurate maps
of the Terrain near its targets.

The mainstream press will not even cover this.

It's the mushroom treatment, keep you in the dark, and feed you
full of crap.

I swear some of these whackos have paid $50,000 in cash 28 years
ago saying they want 6.1 billion dead.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
One thing perhaps some of you aren't considering........ that is, that a world wide nuclear exchange won't be allowed.

The Watchers (the greys) with their superior technology just won't allow us to destroy this beautiful planet with nuclear weapons. Good thing for us. So something positive anyway.

But they won't prevent a conventional (non-nuclear) war from taking place.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Exactly. That's why Americans should think who they are voting for this year. I am afraid to even think of what will happen should McCain get elected.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322
good...

the russians should deploy subs,nukes and bombers in Cuba.

would give them excellent first strike capability to cripple the genocidal imperialist US empire

[edit on 21-7-2008 by manson_322]

We like having our targets close. Bush would sink or shoot them down before they land in Cuba. Russia is no match for us. This would be a very stupid move by Russia and our generals have already warned them not to do it.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
You know what the solution to all this Bull is? Have Russia and US political leaders switch capitols. IE the US president and all the politicians live in the russian capitol and Vice versa.

I highly doubt ether sides leaders would be willing to launch a nuclear strike when they know they will be killing their own people.

And while your at it.. Make it law that these same politicians can not run and hide in a bunker.

Both sides leaders are acting insanely stupid right now. We the people of each country need to stand up and make them stop.

The few making the choices for the many....... Sooner or later its going to end badly. It always does.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

From what I have seen I'm not to worried. The buffoons could not even hit the oil pipeline in Georgia though they tried many times. I highly doubt their missiles can do what they claim. They are not stealth by the way, Next thing you will say is that they have plasma stealth.

Russia has always claimed to have these great weapons and it always turns out to be junk or don't exist at all.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
One thing perhaps some of you aren't considering........ that is, that a world wide nuclear exchange won't be allowed.

The Watchers (the greys) with their superior technology just won't allow us to destroy this beautiful planet with nuclear weapons. Good thing for us. So something positive anyway.

But they won't prevent a conventional (non-nuclear) war from taking place.

Wishful thinking... Little grey men won't allow it...

Does anyone else have any other ideas that will save us from nuclear annihilation? This idea seems far-fetched.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
No there is no way to save us from nuclear genocide. Its already in the works! The real reason why Russia is so mad about the Polish missile shield is it makes a large portion of their offensive military capability useless. I will attempt to explain in concise detail. The Russians have been hiding large numbers of new icbms that they've been manufacturing underground, and setting up underground. Most would say that's impossible, however it could be done without the satellites seening them moving around. Imagine this..You dig out a huge mountain, say the size of Washington DC inside the beltway(Yamantu).....
then you bring in the parts and set up an assembly line.....Meanwhile you dig out missile chambers(silos) inside the mountain...then you load those icbms from inside the mountain into those silos...or say use some of those railroad lines running into said mountain(Yamantu) like the old style Russian missile trains. Just roll em out fire em...go back for a reload...fire em.....go back for a reload..fire em...etc. Lets face it boys and girls we've been duped by the Ruskies!! They've not been sticking to the nuke treaties...they've been faking to win the whole Worldalada! The nuclear interceptors aren't for Iran their for Western Russia's secret launchsites. Interceptors aren't good for attacking missiles when their about to hit and have programmed countermeasures and maneuvers....they are really good at hitting them as they are taking off....ie...like two cars traveling side by side on the interstate instead of in opposite lanes...you have more time one way than another....that is why Russia is so mad....they know we know now, but that still doesn't change the master plan. We have to do it, because they're gonna do it anyway. It's just common sense and what it all adds up to if you watch the news and pay attention to the small print. I just hope that they put in more than 10 or Europe and the US are toast.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

I agree, however it would largely eliminate any first-strike capability Russia has. We currently have a missile defense site being built here near Fort greely, Alaska. With one on the other side of Russia, it gives America an extremely effective tool at eliminating the first wave of first-strike nuclear warheads/missiles being fired at us from Russia and/or the current U.S. military bases in Europe (some of which still have nukes). This defense sheild is not simply being proposed to defend European countries...

Those few missiles that are taken out in the initial nuke salvo give us the upper hand because we can then retaliate with a nuclear strike of our own if necessary. As a deterrent capability, this is invaluable because it gives us the luxury of having enough time to know what is happening and retaliate before anything more can be done on the part of Russia..

Therefore, in having these missile defense sites, it gives America an extremely advanced, extremely accurate nuclear deterrent. Not just because we can shoot down the first wave of nukes from Russia before they reach their targets, but because we then have the luxury of time to retaliate and defend ourselves. Simply having this kind of capability deters the Russia (and others) from ever pushing the button to begin with. As you said, the idea of having an effective nuclear defense sheild is not to shoot down ALL the incomming ICBM warheads. The idea is to have time to retaliate before American cities are turned into glass.

-ChriS

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The missile shield simply does not have enough interceptors to defend against a Russian attack, even just the first wave. They simply have far too many missiles for us to block enough of them to make much of a difference. We'll still be able to retaliate just like before since we can detect launches very early on, but we still can't prevent the first wave from striking. Maybe if we were talking about a couple hundred interceptors, but there simply aren't enough across the entire system to have any impact on a Russian attack.

An attack by a nation like Iran or North Korea could certainly be stopped, and we could probably make a dent in the portion of the Chinese arsenal that can hit the US, but that's about it. Russia knows full well that they could easily overwhelm this shield, and we know it too. It's simply not a legitimate problem for Russia until we start adding a lot more interceptors.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cyberdude78

Missile defense is a deterrent tool put in place to give us enough time to at least retaliate. That was my point.

And if Russia is attacking us, who else would be nuking us? Nukes are everywhere these days. We would have no way of taking all of them out with a few strategically-placed missile defense sites. But we do have more than just a missile defense shield. We have anti-missile missiles and lasers also.

-ChriS

[edit on 17-8-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by carolina1737
Most would say that's impossible, however it could be done without the satellites seening them moving around. Imagine this..You dig out a huge mountain, say the size of Washington DC inside the beltway(Yamantu).....

And what would you propose they done with all that excess mountain they needed to put somewhere?? Get the chaps to walk arount the cricket pitch letting it fall through holes in their pockets?

No no I got it - dig a big hole and put it in there
If I can see when google last photoed my street by looking at what cars a parked where I think they may just notice such a huge operation - why as big as Washington? Why not just a couple of city blocks worth

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Well....hmmm...where did they put the dirt. Outside of course. That's why we know about it I think, besides spies and defectors. Do a google search for Yamantu. There is one link where it sure looks like a lot of dirt has been dug out in different areas in a sat pic.
BlastR I didn't know one was being built in Alaska. Cool and thanks for the info. It would only make sense to put one there. I also think that 10 missiles could do immense damage to a much larger simultaneous launch by a foreign power.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
There is alot of history up here.. The Alkan highway was originally built to connect the lower 48 with Alaska a means of transporting men and supplies. The highway was largely built by the Army as Alaska became a focus of government spending during WW2 while there were worries over a Japanese attack on the remote but vulnerable Alaskan mainland.

Ever since WW2 the military has been a huge part of local communities here. The largest cities up here in Alaska (Fairbanks and Anchorage) are surrounded by a military presence. I actually work on a military installation right now as a civilian contractor
.. I was also stationed at Eielson AFB for 3 years prior to leaving active duty a while back.

Anyhow, This missile defense site at Fort Greely has been discussed in the local community for years. Everybody and their dog knows about the site.. But the site is restricted for obvious reasons.. It is still being constructed.

Fort Greely, Alaska from Wikipedia

Fort greely homepage

Photo of an Interceptor missile being installed at Ft. Greely

A ground-based interceptor, designed to destroy incoming ICBMs, is lowered into its silo at the missile defense complex at Fort Greely, July 22, 2004.

All missile defense operations in the U.S. Army are conducted by the SMDC/ARSTRAT Army command.

More info on this commandHERE and HERE (The second one includes information archives, mission, history, and a little more info than the main page) I highly suggest checking out the informative PDF's with photographs and tons of information located at the bottom of the page..beneath where it sais "SMDC/ARSTRAT Historical Office Articles"..

FOIA contacts for the SMDC/ARSTRAT command

Informative youtube video on the Ft. Greely missile defense site..

This is a cool little video showing some of the newer U.S. anti-missile technology out there.. Such as the MKV-L and MKV-R.. Which are able to intercept multiple missiles with one main kill vehicle by using one central unit (called a seeker) and a series of smaller interceptor units that detach from it. Sweet..

-ChriS

[edit on 23-8-2008 by BlasteR]

[edit on 23-8-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Thanks BlasteR, that was really interesting. I would like to help develop technology such as missile interceptors. I have a lot of good ideas for a lot of military technologies, but no time/money I suppose. I did make an autonomous drone I believe could have probably operated for quite a while at a time though I did not have the time to work on a better transmitter. Not that I could have been allowed to have a good transmitter because of FCC regs...also the FAA would have gotten pissed so I never tested it besides on my bench.
It operated for 12 hours under power on my bench though on 2.4 ghz electrically stingy transmitter. I made it with the idea it could be deployed and self-destroyed over operational areas. Probably with an msrp of about $899. It probably wouldn't have worked for real anyway without a couple more weeks work and I'm just too busy as it is....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join