It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super suits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
i mean like Crysis with stealth, strength enhancing and speed improvement is cool but wat if the military are building nanosuits right as we are typing(or speaking)and with nanosuits war would be much easier to fight because who wants to go fight with out knowing you have something really special and also this would reduce the number of soldiers in Iraq.
so waht im saying is were looking for stuff that will prove nano suits.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Uhm.. I can't understand what your trying to say. Can you try to describe this one more time?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I feel like I just dropped into the middle of a conversation within your mind... can you clarify a bit?

If you mean whether or not we have the availibility of such a suit, we definitely have the technology that the public knows about, so under-wraps I can almost certainly say that we have something in the works (merely based on existing, known tech).

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bryerben

Have a look at this discussion:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thuggin
Can you try to describe this one more time?

well if i must
somthing that looks like this
www.gamehelper.com...

clear things up yet?

[edit on 21-7-2008 by bryerben]

[edit on 21-7-2008 by bryerben]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Is a nano suit a very, very small suit?
Regards

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Are you talking about body armor, powered exoskeletons, or Ghillie suits?

Of all the combat specialties for which you'd want a powered exoskeleton, sniper is probably last on the list - the sniper's primary consideration is concealment.

Actually for a working sniper, frankly the best option would be a suit that could allow the wearer to remain stationary for longer periods (with military snipers, we're talking days, not hours) and help handle, err, the biological consequences that this kind of duty entails.

[edit on 7/21/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
With the supposed enormous black budget of the U.S. government and the theorized technology gap between the private sector and the military, it's not a far stretch of the imagination to believe such advanced weapon systems exist. Computing and material sciences are probably advanced to the point where a suit based on dynamic nano materials is either being researched or is already implemented.

Such a suit could implement artificial muscles to augment strength and speed; micro cameras and LEDs to provide dynamic camouflage; a sensor array paired with shear thickening fluids for armor; and not to mention a wide range of communications options.

If such a suit does exist, it is not likely that the government would deploy this technology on the battlefield for the foreseeable future. In order to retain the technological advantage the U.S. government would not deploy the Browning Automatic Rifle during world war one, I believe the same thinking would prevail in determining when this 'nano suit' hits the battlefield.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I hope this is not too terribly off-topic, but this is some really cool CG with Iron Man, Spider-Man, and The Incredible Hulk fighting "big metal men!"

To see the day that we have Tony Stark's tech will be a scary day indeed....

[edit on 21-7-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
so your saying that we do have the technology to completely cloak units, give them enhanced strength, advanced human speed and bullet stopping amour but not gonna use it not even for a special operation mission?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I think this may be a start.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
i was thinking more of a suite or a kind of clothing not Giant Metallic Exoskeletons

new topics

top topics

join