It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV Broadcast going to digital in '09 to block Alien signals???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I dont have digital cable..(yea i know...living in the stone age.) Yesterday i had a friend over and we were watching tv. While going through the channels i saw a funny image coming through one of the channels that doesnt have a network attached to it. There was also a weird mix of high and low pitched sounds that i cant explain. It only lasted a few seconds but it was so strange that we kept flipping through "blank" channels for 2 hours hoping to pick up another "signal." Then i thought about how all broadcasting is switching to digital in 2009. Do you think the powers in control know that "aliens" may attempt to start sending signals through the television channels and dont want us to see/hear these signals? I know digital has better quality and thats the so-called reason for the switch. But i'm telling you, what we experienced was VERY strange...Please dont bash me. I just had a weird feeling about this since it happened. this is just a thought of mine. I'd like to know if anyone else still using "rabbit ears" has experienced this?? Any thoughts? Thanks...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SoNorthStarz

Come on people....nobody has an opinion on this? Lets just be a little open-minded.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Why wouldn't these aliens just use the digital signal then?

If they want to communicate I doubt a digital or analog signal will make much difference.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thats a good question that i dont have an answer for...but i was thinking that maybe they arent "sending" the signals...but the rabbit ears could pick on on some of the signals they give off as they get closer to earth. i dont know much about digital broadcasting, but it seems as though it would be easier to take over an analog signal than a digital signal.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I have also wondered if there is something more to the digital switch. I use an antenna and have for a few years now and it seems like there are more days when fringe channels don't work and close channels have static. I just recently bought converter boxes so it's not as apparent now. I can't say that I've ever seen anything I would say is alien tho.

If there isn't an alien conspiracy, there definitely is a conspiracy with the whole voucher for the converter box thing. The converter boxes that the voucher are good for are 5 dollar throwaway electronics quality and cost 50-60 bux and the voucher is only for 40. If I can go out and buy a dvd player with a laser and moving parts in it for 20. then the converter boxes must really be worth about 5 bux. So who ended up with all that money that the vouchers supposedly cover? The electronics companies or the government? Was there not some public money made from the public airwaves being sold?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I just read (again) about what happened in the Congress Closed door secret meeting held in Mar (supposedly to talk about the FISA Bill). Yet, the real topics were secretly released, those being the failure of US currency in late 2008, and the Federal Reserve failing in early 2009 with the expected civil war resulting. If the Fed. Reserve IS failing in early 2009, why wouldn't the Feds. want the use of digital TV with all receivers to be switched over by February of 2009) to start their propoganda and fear mongering...they would have a captive audience that's for sure!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by somedood

Maybe my jumping to an alien conclusion was a little quick...but i really think there is something behind the switch. All i can say is, dont get rid of your rabbit ears...it may someday become the best way to broadcast messages in the event of an invasion...alien or otherwise.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I've also thought there might be some remote connection to the coming solar maximum but that's just utter speculation...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   

This is all just speculation. Have you ever seen the movie "White Noise?" What if they want to get rid of analog because other worlds or dimensions may be learning to communicate through the white noise in our analog channels. We saw a strange image trying to come through but it wouldnt focus. It almost looked like a an image of a strange room. But is was very fuzzy and produced some weird sounds. Low and high pitched. I could feel the lower pitched sounds in my body and i could hear the higher pitched sound. It sounded loud but silent at the same time. Very hard to explain in words.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   

They will still have AM radio. That is unless that's what's next on the chopping block after the DTV transition is said and done.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I wouldnt be suprised if they got rid of am/fm radio and forced us to switch to XM and charged for converter bags or something.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I'm sure it's only a matter of time. That is probably why they worked the public use part into the Sirius/XM merger.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Going digital isn't that bad and I don't think there is any conspiracy behind it. Its a move that's going to get people into the digital age and start to purchase digital products. The government is even issuing digital converter coupons to those who qualify.

If you are really concerned about missing out on possible extraterrestrial communications you don't have to. Nobody is telling you to take your bunny ears down or your antenna down. You can still view all of the static noise if you like, its just that no more public TV channels or network channels will be broadcasted at those frequencies.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

The digital spectrum holds much more information. For every one analog channel, the programmers can get 15 digital channels. It will make more room for the cable channels once they get rid of the analog channels. What you could be receiving is a signal from a microwave oven or even a neighbor's ham radio. That is another reason for the switchover since analog can be quite noisy and a tendency to pick up signals from appliances in some cases. The analog signals are to be used mainly by the cell phone companies.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I really doubt that the top alien hackers would be stumped by us changing our tv signals to digital.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join