It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do a large number of anti war people whine about...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
killing "brown people"?

Is it a pathetic attempt to show the U.S. as a nation that discriminates in deciding who we go to war with?

Your excuse for WW2 would be?

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Mods, can this thread be killed due to... oh I don't know... the lack of any real argument other than to simply start a fight?
I mean, come on? What is the real point here?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
the point is , if I'm labeled racist for defending my country and the values for which it stands one more time, I'm going to loose my freak'n mind.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Browns meaning whom?Sorry its war and people get killed...but i don't see any point in this thread other then bringing in a huge argument for its title.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
" don't see any point in this thread other then bringing in a huge argument for its title."

that is what ATS is all about !!

anyway, this thread is very important to anyone who has been falsely accused of racism.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Perhaps it's not the point of the thread (which really wasn't put well), but the general lack of intellectual content, not to mention the avenue of approach.

Why are some considered racist for defending America? A few reasons:

1) America has a rather disturbing history of enslavement, murder, bigotry, oppression, and generally having a racially motivated history. This is not to say it's just the government or just the people, it was both.

2) Nationally - Racial watchdogs in this country salivate at the chance to play the race card. Sometimes it's warranted, but I'm pretty sure nothing will ever be perfect so it begs the question "If someone gets paid to defend folks racially, does that limit their credibility and increase their crying wolf?" I'd say yes.

Conversationally - It's easy to claim racism, because there really isn't any retort to it and it, by it's nature, negates said "racist's" points. It is the first recourse of the weak mind.

3) America is big and inherently imperial, at least in the past century or so. It's not hard to down a country that loves to stick it's little fingers in EVERYONE'S business.

Why this thread wasn't taken well

Many people say, "It was a long time ago slaves were freed, what more do those greedy bastards want out of us!!!"

A terribly ignorant thing to say, and sounds oddly similar to the tone with which this thread reads.

Much love,
KJ

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
They dropped a nuke on Japan during WW2, they're brown enough.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
OK - so 1 time the USA invented something and "tested " it in Japan.

Does that excuse saki & sushi?

The late George Carlin did a fairly lenghty live bit about the USA's propensity to shoot, bomb, etc. "brown people".

Depending on whether you take you're racism straight or chase it with propaganda and revisionist history; it seems to me that since 1949 or so, the USA has directed most of it's military diplomancy toward "brown people". Bosnia excluded.

And yes, I was personally involved in a few of these foreign diplomatic missions. Some of them no further away than Sonora.

While I disagree with much of what the USA government has done in our collective interests as citizens the past 40 or so years; I am also still willing to commit to defending our liberty to do so.

I am reluctant to use "right" as I am not convinced that any country has a "right" to meddle in any other countries affairs without direct provocation.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
1) America has a rather disturbing history of enslavement, murder, bigotry, oppression,

The American people also have a history of fighting to stop these violations of human rights. I can't change the crimes of my ancestors, or the color of my skin.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kerontehe

Excellent point, I agree with your premis and applaud your attitude. I feel very much the same way. I'm sick of being refered to as racist because I take umbridge with someone who might threaten us or breaks our laws with impunity. Race has nothing to do with it. Its the deed, not where they came from!!!

Zindo

[edit on 7/20/2008 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
American values - oil.

Brown people - in control of it.

Solution - war.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
gee let me venture a guess. some people probably call us racists because some of our troops over there say some pretty racist things. that's reality coming back to bite ya on the butt.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

Are you implying that a poster must have an educated grasp of the english language, or a college education, or have some innate talent for independent investigation before you will recognize a valid counterpoint?

That seems a little on the bigoted side to me.

Deflection is a high art; and it's not easy to tell the good guys from the bad guys when they all wear nondescript avatars or 3 piece Brooks Brothers.

I try instead of affixing labels to take each post as though I could acquire a new enlightenment through becoming as one with the poster; but that occurs only if my meds are working.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Perhaps they should check the percentages of "brown people" that are there representing the imperialistic USA military.

Do the research yourself, I tire of spoon feeding knee jerk respondents - no offense.

It is to me also racist and bigoted to automatically assume the purported remarks came from a service person or contractor that is not "brown".

Perhaps we should attepmt to define wwhat we mean by our labels.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerontehe
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Perhaps they should check the percentages of "brown people" that are there representing the imperialistic USA military.

Do the research yourself, I tire of spoon feeding knee jerk respondents - no offense.

It is to me also racist and bigoted to automatically assume the purported remarks came from a service person or contractor that is not "brown".

Perhaps we should attepmt to define wwhat we mean by our labels.

that is so not the point, and unlike yours, it was hardly a "knee jerk" response. it also requires no research. i've heard the words uttered with my own ears. i won't repeat them, and they're not pretty. in fact, they're uglier than ugly. and like it or not, the actions of a few reflect on all of us. that's not even an arguable point.

and one more thing. your point about service personnel of different races? it totally missed the mark. you seem to be assuming that it is only the so-called "white" race that can be racist against another. to this point i agree with you that some should attempt define what they mean by labels.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I think anti-war protesters are against killing people, regardless of their skin tone.

What's with the race-baiting, anyway? Unless, of course, you're being intentionally antagonistic...

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Primarily due to my feelings that anti-war posters are just as bigoted toward the majority of humanity that are willing to fight to preserve a way of life for their decendents.

And, in case anyone was wondering, I am very brown. Not just from tanning beds either.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I made this thread in response to numerous postings over the years (not necessarily on ATS) that seem to have been done by retarded leftists who think race plays a factor in the decision to go to war.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
"It is to me also racist and bigoted to automatically assume the purported remarks came from a service person or contractor that is not "brown". "

good point, I'm guilty of assumption, I shouldn't respond with emotion alone, but this topic hits home.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The only color that is the cause for the war in Iraq is green....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join