It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Elves real, and are they aliens?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
no they do NOT exist...it's just sillyness

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Let me recommend a book on the subject:

Passport to Magonia
by
Jacques Valleé

What we have here is a complete theory of contact between our race and another race, non-human, different in physical nature, but biologically compatible with us. Angels, demons, fairies, creatures from heaven, hell, or Magonia: they inspire our strangest dreams, shape our destinies, steal our desires......

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Elves and fairies do exist. They are from anywhere (but will be in Greece day after tomorrow). Through modern eyes, you call them Aliens. Aliens with a sense of humor - more than willing to play along.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Did a little bit of reading up about elves.
en.wikipedia.org...

There are several different myths and legends associated with elves.
So, most likely you can pick and choose stories to support them being aliens.
But the stories seem to indicate mythology as roots, not an actual people.
Only recent fiction presents them as most people think of them.
Dwarves were not short Scots, Elves were not always shortish or had pointed ears. They existed as a collective description for a fair range of beings.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Pick up a copy of Jacques Vallee's "Passport to Magonia" for some additional thoughts on the subject.

The bottom line is that we don't have a very good understanding of the relationship between consciousness, energy and spacetime. All of these things may be related in some way we just don't comprehend at the moment, or maybe never.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Reminds me of that PC game Heroes.

Anyways, though such creatures and beasts are part of Mythology, I think that there might be a basis for them in reality.

Perhaps Extraterrestrials once roamed the planet and may have been interpreted as demons or angels or elves, and so on..

Maybe Alchemists who had some marvelous tricks to display through their knowledge of chemical reactions could have been interpreted as Wizards or Magicians for example.

The descriptions of the entities are not really descriptions, they are interpretations of the human mind back in that era. There seems to be a number of historical/ancient paintings that depict other worldly beings and/or UFOs. I wonder if this is the case with Elves in particular.

There is a problem in determining the timeline/era for each of these myths separately. Is the concept of a Dwarf for example, older than the concept of an Elf? Or vice versa? ... History has only been officially recorded for about 5000 years, hence.. there is no way to determine where many myths came from or how old they may be.

Star and Flag

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
Pick up a copy of Jacques Vallee's "Passport to Magonia" for some additional thoughts on the subject.

The bottom line is that we don't have a very good understanding of the relationship between consciousness, energy and spacetime. All of these things may be related in some way we just don't comprehend at the moment, or maybe never.

Nohup -good post and Jacques Vallee is a very intelligent and knowledgeable chap.

I seem to remember him stating that, in ancient Irish folklore, there are accounts of ´fairies´ kidnapping people and taking them to ´castles in the sky´ - which I suppose could be seen as a kind of modern day abduction scenario.
Cheers.
edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Yes i am a human, a elf lady said to me when i was 10 "You did well i am impressed." which translattes "Lle ume quel le mai itaka" i know she is an elf she had pointy ears tall long white hair and is very tall and beutiful. I tried learning elvish on the internet but somethings are better left unsaid, i am now 12

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Every reply is a good read, however I believe some aspect of the elves legend was not considered.

Little people are seen in every culture. When most people talk about them, they usually think about the Nordic legends exclusively.

Here in the American continent, in ancient Mexico they had similar legends about small beings called Aluxe (alu-sheh) and the Aztecs knew them as the "Chaneque" (shah-neh-keh). Presently, only in the rural and tropic areas of Mexico are these little people still being seen. The Chaneque are usually benign to humans and only ask that whenever land is taken from them, that the humans give offerings to them (like food and even beer) in exchange. If this is not done, the Chaneque begin to trash the human's dwellings and crops. They're also well know for hiding things from humans.

In the south of Mexico and in Central America, some tribes came to know some small hairy beings that lived in caves and that they called Ikals.

Native American Indians have legends about the little people as well.

IMO, when talking about these beings it would be best to consider the various legends and myths that exist within almost every culture in the world. And not limit the research only to the typical Nordic (Lord of the Rings) legends.

In regards about elves being aliens... well its possible. But what we define as aliens today, may turn up to be merely people from another dimension. These elves/aliens might be living in the 4th dimension and that's why they can go through walls or dissipate into the air and whatnot. We believe that they're magical because they can do those weird things. But to them its probably only natural.

But maybe the little people were originally from this dimension. Lets not forget about the "hobbit" bones found in Indonesia.

Maybe... after humanity begun to populate the Earth, these peoples decided to seek refuge inside caves (the underground world).

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
OK. I don't know what I have been seeing lately but it never happened before.

It started a few weeks ago while doing yardwork. I caught something out of the corner of my eye when I was working around a large tree. I could not really make it out as I saw it only for a fleeting second. It seemed to be the size an shape of a 2 year old. At first I thought it was my dog but she was in the fenced back yard. Then I thought it may be a cat. I searched and there was nothing around that tree and my cats were inside!

I thought perhaps I had too much sun or something. However, while outside on quiet days with no one else around it happens with regular frequency.

No, I don't drink, do drugs and I am not mentally ill. It never happens anywhere but in my garden. What is going on?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I believe, long ago there were many mythical and mysterious creatures that roamed this Earth. Be they elves, fairies, dragons, minotaurs, gorgons, or the sorts. Being as man's nature is to destroy that which we do not understand. They have all been hunted to, or close to extinction.
Example: In the middle ages, knights wouldhunt out and slay dragons to show they were of courage, so today, no more dragons.

There have been horned skulls found throughout the world. A little research on the net will return back images. Human skulls, with horns growing out of them. Perhaps the Minotaur was a real living entity.

Our myths are full of tales of humans hunting these creatures. So at one time, in our past, we lived alongside these mythological creatues, but hunted them into extinction.
Or caused them to go hide in middle Earth.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Like a few posters above I would also refer you to Dr. Vallee's books, especially Passport to Magonia.

The parallels between the myth and lore of races from the Otherside or Otherworld and modern UFO lore are vast.

All of the myths and legends around the world point to beings that live parallel to earth in an "Otherworld". They take people, animals, and offerings. We call them faeries, djinn, kami, devas, nymphs, elves, shedim, daemons, demons, genii, duende, daevas, and many more names. In the end they are all the same thing. Something anomalous and phenomenal dwells beyond the looking glass.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
I believe Elves, Dwarves and other fantasy creatures exist. I'm not sure what they are, they could be another Homo species that evolved thousands or millions of years ago, and now have shifted for the most part out of our dimension?

Are they at all related to UFOlogy?

I did a shaman journey 8 or so years back, and ever since then, I've been getting info from the racial/collective unconscious. Part of what I am seeing is the history of Earth, and part of that involves all the aliens here.

So, that said, what I see is that Elves are quite real. The few that are left here now are running under the guise of angels and archangels. In the past, all the 'gods' of the norse, roman, greek mythology were elves. They, however, don't usually travel by ship; instead they used energy pathways that are related to the stargate thing.

And yes, they are aliens. They do look a bit like us though, although quite tall. Earth is one of their 'vacation' worlds, and a lot of the other 'elder' races, like unicorns, fairies, gnomes/trolls, sylphs, etc, also came here to live when the elves did.

The UFO bunch are the newer aliens; the greys, the tall skinny blue people, and a couple others that I can't see that clearly. They tend to travel by ship because the energy pathways are just finally being restored now, after they ripped free when Atlantis went down.

And what I see about 'myths' are that they are actually ' spirit memories' of something real but which existed or happened before we humans had a way to write stuff down, or of information that is being hidden from us on the conscious level.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by DragonriderGal]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SatoriSatya
Every reply is a good read, however I believe some aspect of the elves legend was not considered.

Little people are seen in every culture. When most people talk about them, they usually think about the Nordic legends exclusively.

Here in the American continent, in ancient Mexico they had similar legends about small beings called Aluxe (alu-sheh) and the Aztecs knew them as the "Chaneque" (shah-neh-keh). Presently, only in the rural and tropic areas of Mexico are these little people still being seen. The Chaneque are usually benign to humans and only ask that whenever land is taken from them, that the humans give offerings to them (like food and even beer) in exchange. If this is not done, the Chaneque begin to trash the human's dwellings and crops. They're also well know for hiding things from humans.

In the south of Mexico and in Central America, some tribes came to know some small hairy beings that lived in caves and that they called Ikals.

Native American Indians have legends about the little people as well.

IMO, when talking about these beings it would be best to consider the various legends and myths that exist within almost every culture in the world. And not limit the research only to the typical Nordic (Lord of the Rings) legends.

In regards about elves being aliens... well its possible. But what we define as aliens today, may turn up to be merely people from another dimension. These elves/aliens might be living in the 4th dimension and that's why they can go through walls or dissipate into the air and whatnot. We believe that they're magical because they can do those weird things. But to them its probably only natural.

But maybe the little people were originally from this dimension. Lets not forget about the "hobbit" bones found in Indonesia.

Maybe... after humanity begun to populate the Earth, these peoples decided to seek refuge inside caves (the underground world).

Oh, and the small aliens aren't elves; they are the gnomes/leprecauns/little people of mythology. The Elves are quite tall, usually past 7'.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I do thing that they exist. It is ust what you named them. For example: We call our god, God or Allah, you even can call him Peter for my sake. Elves made by Tolkien do look like the Nordic aliens, or Pleiadians. Maybe the people in the past called the Elves, and the modern humans call them an alien spiecies.

I have a picture here that gives an illustration of my point.

edit on 7-1-2011 by indunedain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I read something not long ago saying that The Lord Of The Rings may have actually been not too far from the truth millenia ago. i've heard of claims of giant bones being discovered many times, and then theres modern day dwarves.
Also something about dragon bones discovered, at least that's what I read. Sorry don't have a link for you to the article.

I personally don't think so. I mean apart from modern day dwarfism, that's the only connection I get. I can't remember if the article said anything about elves, I'm gonna try and find it.

Don't hold your breath though, I can't remember where I read it.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by indunedain

Hmm, nicely done. I didn't think about that whole nordic alien thing. If they truly exist that is. Which would be neat especially if they don't want to eat us or probe us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join