It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI - Disinformationists?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I'm of the belief that SETI is there to "disprove", not prove aliens exist. They ADMITTED any signals we have sent out become unreadable after they travel a few light years, so THAT's why they haven't got anything. DUH!

The whole "search" is a sham. It's there to show that UFOlogy is a waste of time and their absence of evidence proves there's nothing going on here.

I think the government pays them to disinformationize and discredit UFOlogy, just like how oil companies pay scientists to make the illusion of a "debate" among scientists as to if global warming is real.

Follow the money people.

Follow the money.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Any ideas?

Bump.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I agree; quite obvious. Remember Carl Sagan was tied to them and now his replacement Seth... whatever his last name is. Two major disinformationists.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Sagan. I do have to say his book "cosmos" is a masterpiece, but you almost have to wonder if his "floaters" are just a way to make it seem like he's open to the idea of ET while still discrediting UFOlogy.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ajmusicmedia

Before you quickly brand Carl Sagan as a disinformationalist, don't forget that he authored "Contact", among other related books. The book (and subsequent film) both explore the idea of mathematical algorithms being used as a universal language between dissimilar interstellar cultures to communicate across vast distances.

Also, along those same lines, CETI, en.wikipedia.org... a part of SETI, is research fostered by Carl Sagan and Frank Drake specifically to address communication with extraterrestrials.

I think Dr. Sagan was one of the pioneers of "skeptical inquiry", and perhaps did little professing publicy of his belief in extraterrestrials, but he did state that he believed in the Drake Equation, which demonstrates the probability of intelligent life in the universe. I think his methods were precise, and I think that when he helped get SETI started in the 70's, that was groundbreaking technology, and not the actions of a person who was a UFO debunker.

His methods were FAR more stringent than any of us employ, but I believe he was searching for the same truths we all are.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
"Suspect all information, pariticularly that of those who agree with your beliefs; their well-intentioned agreement is not necessarily conducive to critical thinking." - E. Lee

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I said it in an earlier thread, If Seth and his co-workers were to admit to there being aliens then clearly they would be saying SETI isn't fit for purpose.....And that is their livelihood.

Similarly i wouldn't expect a priest to denounce the presence of God.

So no big surprises there.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Greer says so, I remember hearing him say that.... I think it was on the Kevin Smith radio show a few months back.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Want to argue about it? First check out my site www.SETI.Net then lets talk.
Regards........ Jim

new topics

top topics

join