It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 1 bomb destroyed Pearl Harbor

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
He was reading a speech, I bet it was a typo and he just read what was in front of him.

Maybe it's just ebonics?
I can't wait til he "axes" the American people to trust him.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
He is doing nothing but rewriting History with his Hiroshima bomb comment.
Give it time, they will soon be teaching this in History class.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Note to all reading

RRConservative supports President Bush in every way, and yet he still had the nerve to post a critique about a candidate making a few verbal faux pas.

Talk about hypocrisy.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
Note to all reading

RRConservative supports President Bush in every way, and yet he still had the nerve to post a critique about a candidate making a few verbal faux pas.

Talk about hypocrisy.

No, sorry, Gus. The hypocrisy is that Obama can say this, and it's a mistake.

If Bush said it, everyone on ATS would be screaming, "RETARD! You don't know ANYTHING!"

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Originally posted by Animal

Basically the OP is digging for something, anything, he/she can use to make Obama look bad.

Well someone has to. The media refuses to report on any story that would upset the Messianic Lord Obama.

They have no problems pointing out misspeaks by conservatives, but ignore Obama's gaffes. The typical media response for Obama would be something like this..."AHHH how cute, he is working soooo hard, and is sooo tired from his campaign, that he innocently misspoke, no big deal....nothing to see here."

Agreed, everyone should research candidates on there own and expose things that are not being covered. With that said, is this really news worthy? Should people base who they vote for on a "gaffe" if thats what you want to call it. Mispronouncing a word or leaving out the plural form, everyone does these things. Now making a absolutely false statement is something totally different. If Obama had said that Spain had bombed pearl harbor, i could see you posting this but seriously. If you are trying to expose Obama, you need to keep digging because this type of crap is really childish.

Now if you want to start a battle about gaffes, and the presidential candidates, then so be it but you will find that McCain has made many, many more. But thats besides the point. If McCain mispronounces something or leaves out a plural form, I DONT CARE, everyone makes these verbal mistakes. Show me someone lying, or that they are intolerant or that they dont have respect for the rule of law. Then you might get someones attention.

If this garbage is the best you can do to scare people from voting for Obama, he just might win.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Messianic Lord Obama

Nice talking point by the way, did you make that one up yourself? Oh wait, every right wing radio guy has been spouting that same phrase this week. Why dont you try to at least come up with your own catch phrase. Make sure it is really out there, maybe start intentionally refering to him as Barack Hussein Obama, wait thats been done, or maybe call him a secret muslim....no wait that one has been done as well....oh i know you could create a avatar with obama with his nose in the air and refer to him as an elitist. Oh thats been done as well. Maybe you could make him appear to have really big ears, that will scare people away from voting for him.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by iamcamouflage]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Originally posted by Keyhole
Come on now, do you REALLY think Obama thinks 1 bomb fell on Pearl Harbor?

He was reading a speech, I bet it was a typo and he just read what was in front of him.

“Don’t tell me words don’t matter, I have a dream. Just words? We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal. Just words? We have nothing to fear but fear itself. Just words? Just speeches?” Barack Obama

How come the media gave him a pass? Not one question about what kind of single bomb could do that much destruction. No question on if he confused Pearl Harbor with Nagasaki or Hiroshima, nothing...just a flat out pass.

STOP right there RR. Why didn't we impeach your hero Bush when he said that there are 4! branches of government in the United States 1) Judicial 2) Legislative 3) Executive and 4) Administrative!!!!!
By your standards and tolerance level, Bush was not fit to run our Country just based on his retarded understanding of the most fundamental civics!!! How about McCains repeated gaffes on naming correctly the people we are killing....more than once or twice even.

You know damn well that Obama doesn't believe that one bomb was dropped on Pearl.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
Note to all reading

Talk about hypocrisy.

A few? Quite a bit more than that....yet every one of them gets a pass from the MSM. That is why it is important to point them out in an alternative setting. Isn't this what this site is all about? I am greatful that there are forums like ATS to make matters like this known.

I don't support Bush on Immigration. So there goes your hypocrisy claim.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa

You know damn well that Obama doesn't believe that one bomb was dropped on Pearl.

The problem is nobody really knows what Obama believes. He is avoiding debates like the plague. I think it's the fear of no teleprompter.

Obama said "the bomb" all I did was point it out.

"Words, just words"......Barack Hussein Obama

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Would you say the "Bomb that fell on Pearl Harbor"?

You would naturally say "Bombs" plural, considering there were lots and lots of them dropped on Pearl Harbor.

Obama also avoids American history like the plague. It must just go in one Ear and out the other because he doesn't deem it important or seem to know it that well at all.

How can you get the number of states wrong?? I can't even see Bush making such an idiotic mistake when it comes to the number of states our country has.

Where has Obama's head been all these years, in the Koran?

[edit on 8-8-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Hiyah RR,

It's amazing isn't it? Here's my own personal theory to explain this phenomenon when listing any of their (politicians) ridiculous "gaffs." And it's pretty common-sense as everyone, even us "common folk" can agree with:

No matter where you attend college, or how smart you are, or how many people are coaching you on what to say in public...the more you deviate from the truth, the more mistakes you will make. Factual mistakes, the strain of trying to remember who you told what story to, etc. It all catches up to you in the end.

You can apply this theory to any politician of any party or any person for that matter.

You can tell as they stutter and stammer answering questions that make them uncomfortable, you can tell this when Hillary blundered with the "under fire" in Bosnia story, when McCain was asked about abortion, ad nauseum.

It's laughable, no matter who does it, but Obama is having an exceedingly hard time keeping up with his lies

My two cents...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
oh, silly me. This is the brainless bash whom ever we don't like thread.

Maybe if ATS had a "Ditto" head forum I wouldn't have taken so long to figure that out.

I feel so empowered because I am a registered Republican and any anti Obama talk certainly doesn't get me into feelings.

I know for a fact if Bush or McCain were caught in an orgy with Michael Jackson and "his" friends, you would still want either one as your President. So this is a great opportunity to teach you some empathy for our al Qaeda friends. They too will never ever see the truth or acknowledge it. They will support their beliefs to the end. So yes, they should be your bitter enemy but not because they are some whack crazy people but because they believe in something as strong and as defiant in the face of truth as you do.

Both of your groups are scary to me. Them because they want to blow me and mine up. You, because you want to elect people that are going to get me and mine blown up or run my beloved Country into the ground because they are complete and utter morons.

Thank you al Qaeda and you Ditto heads for making this world such a friggin Disney Land for the rest of us.

RR, care to explain away the hypocrisy behind this bomb(s) thing and Bush's 4 branches of government thing.

I wanted Huckabee by the way. Ron Paul was just a wishful hope.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa

RR, care to explain away the hypocrisy behind this bomb(s) thing and Bush's 4 branches of government thing.

I can explain it this way. We all know about Bush's problem mastering the English language. He even makes fun of himself. But Obama is different...the media has made this guy a Messiah....he is "the One" they are so awestuck by this guy, and they readily admit to it. One Dem pundit even said Obama "sends shivers up his leg." So when Obama does make a mistake the media says "Ahhh how cute, he's so tired he made a little boo-boo. That's OK he works so hard, he deserves to make a mistake." No criticism at all.

If you want hypocrisy just look at how the media treated Dan Quayle. Just imagine if Dan Quayle had thought there were 57 states.

Just so it is known....I do not care for McCain...he would have been my absolute last choice for the Republicans. This election is all about Obama...either for him or against him. I am against him.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I should point out your gaffe and say that Obama has not avoided any debates, only town hall meetings with McCain. But he will debate McCain in september so I guess we will see who is better at dealing with questions on the fly.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Yeah, good one lets imply that he is a closet muslim. Very orignal. Care to back up that claim with any proof or would you just prefer to perpetuate a lie.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
mastering the English language?
Well that is fine for "Strategery" and all the other words we now have added to the English language thanks to Bush.

But......saying that there are 4 branches of government and then naming all four.......that is not a mastering the English language issue. That is knowing your Country's government issue. That is just plain scary.

.....I am going to look for the 57 States thing though, I have never heard that one.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Everyone makes mistakes people.

I'm pretty sure the old white hair guy was just trying to be funny when he came up with that parody "Bomb Iran" and didn't really mean anything by it. We can see he's not much of a comedian, that's just because he's an Army guy, those guys love to bomb things and we can probably say with out a doubt too, he is a Beach Boys fan.
So what...

The other guy, let's try and cut him some slack too.
Can you even imagine how stressful it would be for you if you were a black man, and had been persecuted and held back by America all your life, and were now running for President, against a Decorated War Hero, when you have little or no experience in the political arena? Probably not.
Some might say that's admirable.
When he slipped and said 57 states, his mind was probably on the 57 Islamic states, and he merely mis-spoke, same with the 1 bomb thing.
So what...
Hopefully he's getting some much needed rest while he's in Hawaii, but he'll probably be spending most of his time studying American history. That's not much of a vacation. .

Can't we just get over the nitpicking?

Love ya

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

So you can ignore Bush not knowing what tribal sovereignty is but trying to pretend like he did, not knowing the "fool me once" phrase, using improper grammar when talking about the importance of educating children, and misstating history to the point that facts are completely incorrect?

But of course Obama leaves off an "s" and he's an idiot? There's a big difference between a small misread and having no knowledge of a subject at all.

Hey, but let's call a spade a spade: once Obama gets an entire slew of websites about "Obama-isms"... we'll talk. Until then, have fun reading the thousands of verbal misstates that the guy you currently support made:

Google Search "Bushism"

And here is a clarification just to avoid another post about how meaningful it was that Obama accidentally left off an "s":

Here's the difference between a verbal mistake and a lack of knowledge:

Verbal Mistakes by Bush

Bushims

"And they have no disregard for human life."

Does Bush really want them to have disregard for human life?

"We have enough coal to last for 250 years, yet coal also prevents an environmental challenge." —Washington, D.C., April 20, 2005

Does Bush really think that coal prevents environmental problems?

No, of course not. It's just funny that he is such a terrible speaker that he makes a verbal faux pas about everytime he open his mouth (and yet he's somehow the President of the United States).

Now here is unmistakable idiocy:

Here is the text in case you refuse to watch the video:

"Tribal sovereignty means that; it's sovereign. I mean, you're a — you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And therefore the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities." —President Bush, Washington, D.C., Aug. 6, 2004

Listen to the crowd actually laugh at The President of the United States' response because it was so uneducated and dumb.

But of course, even our own generals have said that Bush is a "poor student of history".

So quit blaming the media. The media does not own the Internet. There are plenty of privately owned sites dedicated to how poorly Bush speaks. If Obama was half of the verbal oaf that Bush was, he'd have entire websites dedicated to his verbal slip ups with a nickname for them also.

Seriously though RR, like that old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, "fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

[edit on 9-8-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I just took a second to review the topic of this thread, since I took the time to do it, I will remind everyone what it is.......

Obama: 1 bomb destroyed Pearl Harbor

I thought for sure the title of the thread had nothing to do with George Bush....but I had to double check....I was right!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It was not 1 bomb it was 10, and I'll have you know Mr. Obama all 57 United states rose up and answered the call to war.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by The_Alarmist2012]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join