It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New type of UFO? Sightings now comming in of a ring shaped ufo.I think I was the first to get it on

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
(Sorry, I should have posted this on ufo forum,and I don't know how to change it)On the 23rd of June 08 I was sitting parked in my car in a costal town in Kent UK, when something caught my eye . It was just a glint high in the sky,I grabbed by binoculars and had a look.What I saw was a gold ring turning and seemed to change shape to a figure 8 and a S shape as well as a O shape.At that distance I could not determin if it was a balloon or something else.It was too far away to film (i tried) so I drove closer to where it was. I lost sight of it as a drove so I decided to stop to see If I could still see it.I parked at the side of the road in the high st.I looked up and there it was ,high up near the clouds.This time it was close enough to film.Being in the high st I did not get my tripod out and just filmed out the car door window(hence the shake at 40x zoom)
Please watch in High Quality and in full screen.

www.youtube.com...

When I looked at the film I was amazed at the capture(it looks very good on my 40" lcd much better than on youtube) Thats why I made a blown up stills video,to show the shape of the object more clearly.

www.youtube.com...

It seems I am not the only one seeing this new type of object.I found these new posts that show objects that look very much like mine

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Has anyone else seen these new ring shaped objects?

[edit on 20-7-2008 by tarifa37]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Interesting video and the fact that the Airplane flys by makes for an interesting comparison. While I think other vids you linked to are either A. r/c object of some sort or B. Laser Light of some sort due to the fact that it is a ring shape. To me yours looks like a conventional Ufo with a slight difference of an outer ring. And btw you have some eagle eyes on you to spot that! Congrats!.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Agree, good eyes..... I look for things all the time, but don't think I'd have spotted that. Given that you can't identify it, it's a UFO. Looking at your video, the object seems to drift consistent with the upper level winds (as evidenced by clouds that appear to be at the same level).

Did you see this object turn/reverse direction at any point, or did it continue on until it was out of sight?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'd have done the same. I carry a camera EVERYWHERE.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Thanks,the object went out of sight or into the cloud as shown on the video.That was the last I saw of it.I guess that I could not rule out it being a balloon although shape is a little odd for one.The best view I got of this thing is what you see on the video.When I put it onto dvd and played it through my sony upscaling recorder on to a 40" sony bravia it does look very impressive.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

To address the movement of the object,I have to say Im not sure.It seemed to hold a genral position before I lost sight of it.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Excellent job well done.

I wonder how this actually looked to the naked eye?

You sounded let down after the plane went by and the object apparently disappeared.

I applaud you!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The controversial Maury Island UFO incident is described as a giant donut. I think Homer would be proud!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thanks, after my first sighting 16th June08 www.youtube.com... and stills of that object www.youtube.com... I went out and bought a sony hdd handycam with a 40x optical zoom, so if I saw anything else I would hope to get better footage than with my aiptec pocket dv camcorder that I had to hold up to the eye piece of my binoculars to get the 16/6/08 object.I also bought a tripod, and although excited that I had another strange object I was sad that I could not use the tripod and also get closer.I feel I may have messed up another good chance to bag a possible ufo. I have not seen anything like this since except for the strange flashes in the night sky as stated on my other thread.However I now always carry my handycam and a tripod in my car so fingers crossed if I see anything else I hope to get decent footage of it.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
My friend over the weekend saw this:

picasaweb.google.com...

He's trying to see if anyone else has seen something like this.

Looks JUST like this:

www.youtube.com...

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
That doesn't look ring shaped at all... all it does is match the hundreds of drawings by 'insiders' of the glowing centre on the bottom of most disc shaped craft.

GREAT VID!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MurrayTORONTO
That doesn't look ring shaped at all... all it does is match the hundreds of drawings by 'insiders' of the glowing centre on the bottom of most disc shaped craft.

GREAT VID!

Thanks for your reply and info ,however if you lok close you can see it has a hole in the middle and the sky can be seen through it.

new topics

top topics

join