It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone remember this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Hey there all. I have been trying to remember more about this and after many searches with no luck I thought I would ask you all to see if anyone here remembers what this was. Ok a tv special from I believe late 80s that was a sort of big disclosure event where they had an alien who worked with the gorvernment if I remember correctly, and they were talking with him asking him questions. I think the alien was also hidden in shadow for some reason. It came on during prime time and I remember it as a big deal when it came out. I am fairly sure it was all a hoax but I was hoping I could track it down again just to check it out again, memories and all. Hope someone remembers this and can point me in the right dirction.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Veritas

Hi 1Veritas: your description seems to match the "Alien interview" footage:

do you remember some more details?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   

I'm a little confused on the time frame you mentioned. I'm wondering if it was something from the Linda Moulton Howe Special?

[edit on 7/20/2008 by garyo1954 to delete link]

[edit on 7/20/2008 by garyo1954]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Internos:
No it wasn't like that, when they would talk to the alien the host of the show would ask to a big screen I believe and on the screen was an alien but shrouded like when you don't want people to see your face on tv. The alien would answer all the question with a very strong voice if I remember correctly and he spoke english. I'm sure it was probably just some guy in a suit but it has been so long I can't be sure. I think the host spent all his time on a darkly lit stage as well to add to the alien mood.

Garryo1954:
I haven't seen any Linda Moulton Howe specials as far as I know but I have heard some of her audio. I googled her and it doesn't seem to fit. Judging by the house I was in when I watched it I would have to say it happened sometime between 1988 and 1991. And it was on one of the major networks. And I can't view your link as I am not a member of rats so I can't comment on that part sorry.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

Hmm, are you implying with that link that Simon Gray had something to do with it? (Personally, I think that he and Jimmy Fallon were 'separated at birth'. :lol

Anyway, yeah, it was called 'UFO Coverup Live' and was hosted by Mike Farrell, and had Richard Doty and other members of the 'Aviary' in shadow giving detals about how aliens like 'strawberry ice cream'.

Here's a link which talks all about it, with probably more than you wanted to know. UFO Coverup Live!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Thanks, Badge01:

so the "alien" mentioned in the op would actually be Falcon or Condor? I remeber to have seen that special, but don't recall to have seen any alien or alleged one: or am i missing someting?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Actually, Internos, Falcon and Condor were 'government insiders' who supposedly had knowledge of this alien who was sequestered and they answered questions put to them by Mike Farrell, and being in shadow with their voices altered it was a very weird presentation.

That's why some people remember them as 'aliens' on the show. But they were just insiders.

Now, remember you asked:

More than you wanted to know, but were afraid to ask about the Aviary

* CONDOR: Capt. Bob Collins, USAF (Ret.); Special Agent, Air Force Office of Special Investigations, engaged in UFO-related intelligence operations, reportedly appeared clandestinely on the 1988 Kodak-produced network television disinformation program "UFO Cover-Up Live"

* FALCON; Sgt. Richard "Dick" Doty, USAF (Ret.); Special Agent, Air Force Office of Special Investigations; reported to have engaged in UFO disinformation projects, including reportedly hoaxing TV producer Linda Howe concerning availability of a tape showing a UFO landing at Holloman Air Force Base, N.M. and allegedly waging psychological warfare on Albuquerque defense electronic contractor Paul Bennewitz.

Hope this answers your questions.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Oh that is great I forgot about the strawberry ice cream. Thanks much on that find, it realy helps knowing the name, now i see it has been posted on before here sorry about that. And yeah I believe Falcon and Condor were the aliens they were speaking to I was thinking its name was hawk in the first place so I was on the right track. Now I have to go track down a link to watch the show, thanks again.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   

No there were no actual aliens on the show, though it was hinted at, just F&C in shadow with altered voices. They talked -about- what the sequestered alien said or liked (thus the icecream).

Be aware that the link I posted to the Aviary is probably a bunch of bunk, and just look at it as 'mind candy', ok?

You should find plenty of stuff on it in those links I gave.

Glad to be of help.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Badge the Falcon and Condor (Rick Doty/Bob Collins) were part of a special with Linda Moulton Howe. Good memory.

Rick had given Linda certain information (considered classified) and promised her some 300 feet of film for her special. The one I can find closest to the time frame we're talking about is Earth Mysteries: Alien Life Forms.

The Simon link was removed because...well, I made the mistake of putting the wrong link in the wrong thread. Sorry.

Here is the archived thread on Alien Interview

[edit on 7/20/2008 by garyo1954]

top topics

join