It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Leaks Details Of Obama's Iraq Trip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

McCain Leaks Details Of Obama's Iraq Trip

www.huffingtonpost.com

The Obama campaign has tried to cloak the Illinois senator's trip in some measure of secrecy for security reasons. The White House, State Department and Pentagon do not announce senior officials' visits to Iraq in advance.

"I believe that either today or tomorrow -- and I'm not privy to his schedule -- Sen. Obama will be landing in Iraq with some other senators" who make up a congressional delegation, McCain told a campaign fund-raising luncheon.

Josh Marshall points out that there's something very wrong with this:
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
talkingpointsmemo.com
firedoglake.com
www.youtube.com

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
McCain KNOWS that it's a No-NO to let travel plans for US government officials visiting Iraq to be "leaked" out. He's been to Iraq before and knows these protocols!

Even for run-of-the-mill CODELs the military gives guidance like, "Please strongly discourage Congressional offices from issuing press releases prior to their trips which mention their intent to travel to the AOR and/or the dates of that travel or their scheduled meetings. Such releases are a serious compromise to OPSEC." If Obama is going to Iraq this weekend, I can not begin to imagine how much this is complicating the security planning for the trip."

Sheer stupidity on the part of McCain is all I've got to say!

Of course it's stupidity with a side of malicious intent.

Most of MSM knew that Obama was leaving this week, but not texactly when!

... there is a reason definite information about these sorts of trips aren't released in advance.

Hypothetically, maybe McCain was just guessing. But even so it would still be a serious lapse of judgment on his part.

I'm sorry, but after seeing the anger in this man, I can't help but think his "little slip" was with a malicious intent.

And as for his lapse of judgement, we've all heard "Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran" before. He has lapses in judgment almost everyday it seems!

Just what this country needs, a man to lead it with a "lapse of judgment" problem!

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/19/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Here's a video of his "slip" or "lack of judgment".

If you watch the video, McCain sure seems to try to narrow down the exact date. Even though McCain has been to Iraq, knows the protocols for never giving specific day a government official will arrive because of the security risks, McCain, in this video goes gives two days that he thinks Obama "land" in Iraq!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
McCain is really old! He just forgot, that's all. No harm, no foul; Bama is in Alaska anyway, I mean Afghanistan.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Who didn't know Lord Messiah Obama was scheduled to go to Iraq in the next day or two?

MSNBC Andrea Mitchell reported Friday from Bahgdad, that Lord Messiah Obama would be arriving "shortly." A day before McCain said "today or tomorrow."

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hmmm, other sources I've read have said that the actual date that Obama was going was being kept very secret!

McCain says Obama trip to Iraq soon

DETROIT (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate John McCain said Friday that his Democratic opponent, Barack Obama, is likely to be in Iraq over the weekend.

The Obama campaign has tried to cloak the Illinois senator's trip in some measure of secrecy for security reasons. The White House, State Department and Pentagon do not announce senior officials' visits to Iraq in advance.

Could it have been that she had recieved the info because of McCain's "slip" up?

Did He Really Just Do That?

Republican presidential candidate John McCain said on Friday that his Democratic opponent, Barack Obama, is likely to be in Iraq over the weekend.

So, she was just going on the info McCain gave then!

Check.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This is just politics at its finest. If something did happen, Hilliary will step up and fill the gap.

McCain is an idiot, a very old idiot. He knows better, but is still trying to make himself look important and part of the news cycle.

I even got a chuckle from him the other talking about social security benefits. He made a comment he receives them so he'd like to see them go up. Yeah, he's a congressman while double dipping from government retirement (military and Social Security). You gotta love our elected officials....

top topics

join