It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blind and Ill Woman Tased by Ohio Police

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I believe there is a point and an agenda to these unbelievable abuses of authority. When you show how ruthless you are with the handicapped, or youths or physically challenged individuals you are reinforcing a standard feeling of helplessness, and a warning to not go against the new fascist regime or you will be next

MBF

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
If I am in my home and police come in, unless they have a search warrant, if I tell them to leave, they have to. They have totally gotten out of hand with the tazers.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The police force in this country is just totally out of control, and it seems to have gotten worse since they started carrying tazers. They've gone tazer crazy. Some of them seem to look for any reason to zap someone. If there is no other way to subdue a violent criminal it may be understandable, however some officers don't even seem to try to diffuse a situation anymore, it's much easier for them to just electrocute people.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

"Is it possible that tasing this women was a safer alternative for everyone involved rather than attempting to physically subdue her which could put unnecessary strain on her joints and bones as well as capture the police's attention when they do not know what lingers beyond the doorway. Tasers are desinged to subdue without danger, maybe they don't always work that way but cry me a river, 49 is still a respectable age and far from the point of being dibillitating."

Once a tazer becomes a citizen cattle prod, you know there's something seriously wrong with where the country is heading. A tazer should be reserved in the same way a firearm should be.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spreadthetruth
A tazer should be reserved in the same way a firearm should be.

Very well said, i couldn't agree with you more. You hit the nail right on the head. Being that a tazer under certain circumstances could result in death, it should be treated just like a gun. Police can never know if the person that they are going to use it on has a heart condition, epilepsy, etc.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Being_From_Earth
If they taze a sick old woman, and the public sees it, then the hardcore criminals think wtf?Who are we up against here these cops are ice cold.
And would be more inclined to think twice about things.
Some bizarre attempt to make the criminals see the Police as a tougher adversary.

This was a joke right? You really think tazing sick old women will make crooks behave?

If we have gotten to that point its time for revolution

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

it may instill a feeling of helplessness in you, but it instills the desire to kick someones butt in me.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I used to work @ a summer camp. One day while my group of kids were changing back from their swimming clothes, one kid discovered his sock was missing. He totally flipped out and started screaming and yelling and hitting the counselors. He was 7 years old and behaved like a demon. I had to pick him up and carry him to the camp's office and he kicked and hit and clawed me.

I could definitely physically overpower him. I didn't need a tazer.

Cops use tazers becasue it's the easy way out. They don't have to risk getting injured in a scuffle, so they zap the suspect.

In the case with the old lady, the 6 year old, and the 11 year old, it is becasue they were afraid to physically touch the person they electrocuted.

I'd rather be beat up than get hit with a tazer. There is no telling the type of long term damage being electrocuted with one of those does to you.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Huey (v/o): That night I dreamt of a blind swordsman. He knows my every move, yet he cannot see. As my mind fights to make sense of the impossible, he is turning my sight into a liability. He has no just cause to want my life. There is no forethought, no logic in his actions. (blind samurai slashes Huey's leg, Huey falls) This isn't just any swordsman. This is the blind ... samurai.

Maybe they thought she was him?

In all seriousness that sounds intolerable. I was presented with a statistic in a class at work once. They asked if you thought a certain percentage was a good percent, and it was 99%+. The class was about factory yeild so of course you thought it was a good percent. Then they gave the actual statistic and it was babies dropped at birth. I know thats greusome but it was a real statisitc. Some things we just dont want ANY of. 0%.

Everybody is against big brother; lets put it on the police. A video camera in the badge. This would resolve a lot of issues. IMHO it would work in the police's favor 99% of the time at least, I'm not being facetious. Then when something like this happens it will be cut and dried.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
See Botched Paramilitary Police Raids

[edit on 19-7-2008 by EnlightenUp]

Edit some typos.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by EnlightenUp]

Great link, cant believe how many actually happen. And some really strange stories of complete idiocy and cover up.

Gonna post it again incase people have missed it.

Gonna see if there is one for the UK too, however if so I expect it to show a lot less deaths.

Peace

Lestat

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities
SOME police men and women make it very hard not to hate and despise ALL police men and women. No compassion and fear come to mind (possibly lazyness and some type of sadistic satisfaction) within these police men and womens' minds. If they had compassion and empathy, then maybe this event would have never occurred. I say all this with granting that the story is 100 percent true of course.

-Joe-

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

The problem is that "SOME" is getting more and more frequent, that it might as well be ALL.

This is not a rare thing. This is NOT something that just happens once in a while, by the rare kook. This IS HAPPENING more and more. Everyday there is another story of how police are over extending their authority over normal citizens.

I predict that within 25 years, we will witness in the US what is just starting to happen in Britain. Citizens everywhere will start rising up against the police. At first, it will be performed by some really disturbed folks. But then you will begin to see something like what happened to this lady, only the ending being that the cop got his butt handed to him, after normal law abiding citizens give him an old fashioned bully beat down.

This is starting to happen in England, and I believe it will start happening here in the US. Although, I'd give it 25 years.

The real sadness about this is that, the police serve a vital function in our society. Namely, protecting us from criminals, but more and more I see this level of ineptitude whereby the question becomes

"You were put here to protect us, but who protects us from YOU?"

If you had to have as much education to serve as a policeman as you do a doctor, this wouldn't happen.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Quazga]

What crap! Your assertion is worse than a tabloid newspaper. Oh sorry, I forgot, there are no youth yobs in the US that attack authority figures are there?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
My father is registered blind and can I just say that whatever he lacks in vision he more than makes up for in annoying singing and "do bopping" or whatever it is. With this in mind maybe this crone suffers from the same horrible byproduct of sight loss, if so I can tell you the option to tazer would be the preferable rather than to have your mental state dislodged by listening.

[edit[ spelling

[edit on 20/7/2008 by spitefulgod]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

This was a joke right? You really think tazing sick old women will make crooks behave?

lol, it does brighten my day, I nominate for the funniest comment on this page award.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sheeper

Originally posted by fatdad
can honestly say things like this make me happy when they get shot....

Wow, cops are subject to human failure just like anyone, so some cop is dirty or does something like this and that is justification for your enjoyment when some random cop gets shot and killed that may or may not have been one of the good guys. Because allthough it is sort of popular to hate on "pigs", a lot of them are the good guys and we need them more than we need politicians.

A lot of our innocent protectors get murdered in the line of duty every day and you are a very sick individual.

I can see both sides of this issue, however I lean more to the side that says... if these "good" cops did more to filter out the bad, then maybe some of us would have more respect for them. Fact is any cop will tell you that "there are some bad apples" but I have yet to meet a single cop who says, "There are some bad apples and I reported him and tried to do my part to clean up the force". Instead these "good cops" condone the behavior of these "bad" cops by keeping quiet and not reporting these out of control, sick, twisted, taser happy, control freak freaking pigs.

It is a horrible thing to say, but I have to agree with Fatdad... the more I see stories like this the more I do not care when some cop gets killed in the line of duty. I see more stories of police misconduct and abuse than I see about cops being shot. Police are supposed to police themselves, that is the way the system is set up and the fact is the Police do a piss poor job of policing themselves. They are too busy covering for each other that it begins to build up a certain level of resentment towards officer from the public.

And for the poster who said, "She may have had information" ...So what!??? She may have known exactly where the "suspect" was, but she is not required to talk to the police end of story. Using your logic it would be a great idea for me to blast people in the mouth when they refuse to answer my questions. That line of thought is just ridiculous.

As far as the "legally blind" arguement...again I say...So what?? I can take down a perfectly healthy, athletic 50 year old women with very little effort and I'm 5'7" 180 lbs. If I can do it... so can a trained police officer, and I have yet to see one who is my size or smaller. Usually they tower over me and make me look like a smurf, so I don't think it would be too difficult for one of them to take down a sick, 50 year old female.

How anyone can find any reason to justify this type of action is simply beyond me. This officer is a waste of space and a freakin pig. Any officer who was a party to this incident and many others like it is a waste of space and a freakin pig. So if they happen to get shot, stabbed, twist an ankle or break a nail after they got done tazing a 6 year old... Then I dont really give a crap. GOOD! I hope it hurts. I hope it gets infected and I hope they die a slow painful death. In my opinion (which admittly is not worth much) it serves them right. Maybe had they properly policed themselves, reported an out of control cop, or did something to go back to being the "public servents" that they are supposed to be, then maybe people like me would care a bit more. Until that times comes... I will care about these pigs the same way they care about me. The same way they care about the old term "to protect and serve" instead of their new motto , "to punish and enslave"

[edit on 20-7-2008 by MrWendal]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
and I have to add one more thing............

the whole arguement about the criminals would think "if they did that to some old sick women what will they do to me" line of thought...

Are you kidding me!?? If anything it will bring out the opposite reaction. It makes me want to smack the taste out of a cop's mouth and I am not a "criminal" so if it makes me want to do that, I am pretty sure a real criminal would have no issue with doing the same and much much more. Even the most hardcore criminals have a certain code of ethics. many criminals do not like people who prey on the truely defenseless. Just look at what generally happens to a child molester who ends up in the general population of any prison. In a lot of ways, I trust a prison full of criminals to police themselves more than I trust a precint full of cops to do the same thing.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
oh my god, you freaking hippies flip out anytime someone gets tasered. just because she had cancer does not mean she is a cripple and not able to injure a person. justbecause someone is legally blind does not mean they cannot see anything either. she most likely acted on motherly instinct to protect her son and tried to take on the cops herself. tasers are like pitbulls in the sense that the media takes a handful of bad experiences and blows them out of proportion, making them the most evil thing in teh world. did you know that since police departments have started using tasers, police and suspect injuries have gone down? 99% of the time a jolt of electricity will not leave you in the hospital, however having to be strong armed by the police will.
www.statesman.com...
read the article. i know people who have been both pepper srayed and tasered. they all say they would rather be tasered any day.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I don't see the problem here. If the woman was uncooperative/combative, regardless of the fact she is blind, they used a level of force they thought appropriate. She's not small. From the photo I'm going to say she's at least 300 pounds.

Don't let the handicap factor blind you to the realities of the situation.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   

reply to post by mystiq

it may instill a feeling of helplessness in you, but it instills the desire to kick someones butt in me.

I hope so, I wish everyone would feel that way and find a way to restore their democracy, but I believe that is what they are doing deliberately attempting to make people toe the line in the new fascist state by introducing a new ruthlessness in conduct.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sleuth
I don't see the problem here. If the woman was uncooperative/combative, regardless of the fact she is blind, they used a level of force they thought appropriate. She's not small. From the photo I'm going to say she's at least 300 pounds.

Don't let the handicap factor blind you to the realities of the situation.

Your indifference to humanity is disgusting!

There is NO reason to EVER taze a blind old woman!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Your indifference to humanity is disgusting!

There is NO reason to EVER taze a blind old woman!

This isn't a matter of indifference, it's a matter of common sense. LEO's are entitled to protect themselves from violent people.

She initiated violent contact. There is a specific response to every level of force used against a police officer. When the fists are flying or the knives are swinging, LEO's are sensibly and legally entitled to use a level of force appropriate to the situation.

In case you were unaware of it, we're entitled to use a level of force one step higher than the assailant, but we rarely do. The reason for this is that we are responsible for bringing the situation under control as soon as possible using the least amount of force necessary to accomplish that.

As I said, the perp looks to be at least 300 pounds. Blind or not, that's a lot of angry meat coming at you. Have you ever had to defend yourself against someone who weighs 300 pounds, blind or not? It isn't easy.

We don't know how many officers were on the scene and directly involved in this confrontation. We do know that the officer the perp swung at was a woman. We women in LE are generally in pretty good shape, but 300 pounds under steam is still a lot of angry meat coming at you.

Find a family member or two who equal 300 pounds in weight. Now, piss them off. It's easy to sit in front of your Gateway and make judgments about how other people deal with situations. It's entirely another to be on the scene facing a mountain of flesh intent on cleaning your clock.

Been there, done that. It's bloody and it hurts and it takes the bones a while to heal. She may not see well, but everything else still works.

PS: Let's not exaggerate. She's 50. I'm 45. She's hardly old.

[edit on 7/20/08 by Sleuth]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join