It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Nye could be one of "them"!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Is Nye truly afraid of the monster in the closet, or is he one of "them", the paid disinformants. I tend to lean towards the latter. That was a pretty good show to be on CNN, most people can use their minds to do what human minds naturally do well, problem solve and create order out of random stimuli. The pressure for disclosure may very well increase.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

The way Nye constantly disagrees without even opening his mind to the possibility really gets under my skin. i mean, WE all KNOW aliens exist. ATS users are just waiting for the government to slip up and there be undisputable evidence that the shadow government has been working with the greys for years.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Bill Nye?

Who they gonna have on next? Jim Carrey?

Jack Nicholson denying the existence of ufos... That's what I want; "You CANT handle the Truth!" lol omfg

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Haha I love Bill Nye the Science Guy though

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Well he does call himself "the science guy".

He is subjected to denying and be sceptical about everything unless there is irrefutable proof of it.

You are just paranoid.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TallWhites
How dare you question mainstream science and all its geniuses?

What in the world are you talking about?

I am not questioning Frank Drake. I am questioning UFO believers who think the Drake Equation is scientific law, not a thought-experiment designed to highlight just how ignorant we are of the universe.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
When Bill Nye was telling Larry King of a tour he got at a military facility, Larry King asked him just what he would do, if he looked in a hanger and did see a spacecraft? Bill Nye's reply was..." I'd take a picture right away"!
Yet if you show any spacecraft pics to any skepic, they would say it could have been digitally altered! So why would he say a photo would be a priority? We all have seen alleged spacecraft pics on ATS links, and they are the last thing a skeptic would want as evidence. So Bill is still learning the ropes. He goes from a Seattle comedy show "Almost Live", where he plays the comedy character..Bill Nye the "Science Guy" (which was super- sized funny), he's a hit, so PBS makes it into a local "funny" kids science show, and its another Seattle hit..and Disney comes calling for Nye to go coast to coast, ramping up the so-called "science" guy to a vetted scientist and now CNN and FOX , make him America's new #1 skeptic Guy, with world wide exposure. What a learning curve for the little comedy skit "that could"... from the great Pacific Northwest! A true American Story of one mans Quest for his American Dream. So get used to him cuz he's not going away!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandrake
Well he does call himself "the science guy".

He is subjected to denying and be sceptical about everything unless there is irrefutable proof of it.

You are just paranoid.

You mean the psuedo-science guy, right? Because I cannot emphasize enough that real science does not operate that way. Do you really believe real science does not believe in ufos, despite the evidence? Thats laughable. Do you really think scientists are conservative thinking, glued into the historical mud? They are movers and shakers and innovators! They are the most creative, and many, unconventional thinkers on the planet, par none! The only thing that gives them the conservative feel is the public sector funding of their projects, which is nothing compared to the true level of science on this planet that blows our level out of the water and beyond! In science, if you see a coincidence, you feel the need to exlore it. If you get many coincidences, the only things blocking exploration, is the funding and the PTB that are force-feeding us this psuedo-science.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Bill Nye is conditioned like many so called main stream scientist, what they don't understand is that much of there science is a belief system. heck science wants me to believe that nothing exploded into something to create a universe with billion of galaxies in it
who is kidding who here

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I'd like to see a Larry King show about UFO's with Michio Kaku as the "Scientist"

He would help to set the story straight.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

maybe a little too skeptical. he seems to deny everything the guest have to say. EVERY peice of proof (as good as we can get) gets shots down by bill.

I think the problem with Bill is the only proof he'll accept is if he was personally abducted and probed or sees the craft, touch it and analyze it. 'Everybody else's' personal up close testimonies, he has the "It could have been anything but aliens" mentality. He even figures the American military had some secret weapon to knock down that dummy war head at the time. And if he believes that, it still warrants a huge investigation to get to the bottom of this since we are not being told the truth here and haven't been for a very long time. Science deals with poking and prodding but it also deals with theories that cannot be tested perhaps because of the lack of technology. Bill doesn't have an open mind enough to say that Alien visitation is a possibility.

And again, if the Americans did knock their own warhead down by testing their own secret weapon, they would have done so in their own controlled environment and not allow a Major who was obviously oblivious to UFOs or this technology see it and capture it on tape if they still wanted it to stay a secret. Anyways, it's ridiculous to even think they could developed a craft like that just 20 years after they were using propeller style planes in the second world war. A war they NEEDED to win. Where was this technology then I ask.

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
actually, the chap who kept insulting nye and calling him "pal" seemed pushy to me.

Agreed. I believe he thought Bill was calling him a liar which wasn't so. I actually felt sorry for Bill when they kept heckling him and making personal attacks. As they did it a couple of times, the expression on his face wasn't that of joy let's just say.

To me, the guy who claims to have seen that UFO shoot down the war head has an insecurity issue going on within himself but aside fromt that, he is a very credible witness and it seemed to me, he did see what he says he saw.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas Aequitas

not to get too off the subject but I am VERY glad that CNN decided to air this series.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Nye isn't a disinfo agent. IMO, he really is that dumb and close minded, not an act.

He's a TV personality with a bachelor of science degree. Big deal.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

good point. he has got to be the most close minded person in the whole UFO and alien debate.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TallWhites
Most scientists dont believe in all this UFO business, and most dont believe in God either, its only evolution they believe in.

They also dont believe in taking vitamins, herbs, minerals....etc, they only believe in drugs.
Yes there are exceptions, but they're in the minority

Count me in for the minority, to an extent anyway. I believe that some tiny percentage of UFO reports may be genuinely fantastic in nature based on my family's own experience, though I don't presume to know what that nature really is. I'm Christian and I take echinacea when I feel myself starting to catch a cold. Then again, I don't yet have all the qualifications to officially call myself a "scientist," though that is what I do for work (then again as others have pointed out, Nye's qualifications are no better than my own). Nye is very opinionated, and that's fine, you just have to be aware of it. I used to watch his show, it used to be a good way to get kids interested in science, but you should be aware of his biases.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by ngchunter]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I think Nye tends to forget who he's speaking to. These guys are PHD physicists, science officers and the like with decades of service and research under their belt. They worked for the government with command of nuclear warheads for crying out loud. I believe what these guys say they saw. In the 60's if you see a saucer dance around a rocket traveling several thousands mph shooting lasers has got to raise the question who's is it??? Why would we use rockets to go to the moon if we had a stockpile of secret UFO's? Still to this day we still don't have aircraft that can do what these things do. Even if we could go super speeds you have to have a technology in itself just to cancel out inertia, otherwise your just bug guts on the windshield.

I don't think the Government officials even know really. They can't really say anything because simply they have no control over the situation. It would be different if the gov said, yeah we have them over every weekend and we watch football, drink beer and eat pizza. Then there is no panic. Unless the alien's hold something over our head that can never ever be released or it would end our way of life. Getting them to admit it is a huge milestone. There has to be a dire reason not to tell in any case. All we can hope for is that these alien beings see that we are suppressed and intervene.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashwhy

I only refered to the drake equation as it highlights there is a high chance of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe, and i dont accept that most scientists think UFO stuff is balls,yes the drake equation is subject to wide interpretation

Hi 'Ashwhy'...

Interesting comment. Did you know the 'Drake Equation' has nothing to do with the Universe, directly, as to the scale of the theory, but it's about the Milky Way Galaxy?

The Wiki page linked above is very good.

Good to see you on ATS.

HTH.

On the LKL show, does anyone have a transcript?

OK, here it is:

LKL Transcript - Debate Over Existence of UFOs on UFOs July 18th, 2008

[edit on 26-7-2008 by Badge01]

[edit on 26-7-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegunman13

I doubt hes a disinfo agent. I suspect hes just there to bring balance to the equation. a biased debate is meaningless. Ask Morgan Tsvangurai!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I only refered to the drake equation as it highlights there is a high chance of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe,

Sorry your wrong the drake equation is merely a set of parameters. Depending on how you fill it in the answer will come out diffirent.

there are too many parameters we dont know the answer to for us to be able to fill it in accurately.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sean

Here's the real Bill Nye . . . .

TV's "Science Guy" seeks restraining order against "faux" wife

He is a reprehensible person publicly and privately.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join