It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Nye could be one of "them"!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Anyone who has been watching the Larry King Live special about UFOs should know that bill nye has been the "bad guy" of the group. he is an obvious skeptic. maybe a little too skeptical. he seems to deny everything the guest have to say. EVERY peice of proof (as good as we can get) gets shots down by bill. he is very pushy to me and seems to want the public to completely disagree with the thought of the existence of aliens. it seems possible that he could be a disinfo agent. maybe i am paranoid but he seems way too pushy. i don't see how he can deny what is out there.
what do you think?

in my OPINION (nothing more) he is a disinfo agent.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I thought this thread was going to be about reptoids haha.

"Did anyone see his eyes at 10:42? freaky man, freaky..."

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
actually, the chap who kept insulting nye and calling him "pal" seemed pushy to me.

you are just paranoid.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Seems to me this should be in speculative theories and just locked altogether. There are plenty of theads already about this episode but comments should be added here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 19-7-2008 by lovepens1]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
By "one of them" I thought you meant men who wear bow ties in 2008.

Bill Nye had nothing to say. He's denying "too much" because that's all he's got. It's his one and only defense to say "I don't believe it because it can't be true because I don't believe it."

That's a good fundamentalist, Bill.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Most scientists dont believe in all this UFO business, and most dont believe in God either, its only evolution they believe in.

They also dont believe in taking vitamins, herbs, minerals....etc, they only believe in drugs.
Yes there are exceptions, but they're in the minority

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Maybe he married an alien? He does remind me of the tall guy in MIB at the restaurant. I thought it was kinda funny when they asked him to show us his proof with vinegar and baking soda. He didn't look all that well either. The one professor seemed pretty annoyed and um, unprepared?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
For a minute I thought the OP was saying Bill was a walk-in.
But in actual fact, like in the most recent show, he made Science look subpar. Its not science to have an instant knee jerking debunking of evidence. Photographic analysis, and interviewing witnesses is Science. Science is a body of enquiry, period. His brand of psuedo-science is nauseating and obvious propaganda for the PTB who wish us all to stop thinking about this kind of thing, and carry on. The acrobatics he took in the last show to try and debate real evidence that he had to admit he couldn't refute, except when people drew a natural obvious conclusion as to what they were seeing, was sort of amusing I guess.
Now whatever you do, after you've witnessed amazing phenomenom , is don't think, don't use you mind, you're simply not competent enough to use that grey matter, wait until government tells you what to conclude. Incredible.
Oh, and cocerning the cia and de-classified documents that have lead many to conclude that the government is hiding information because the documents state that, and since he couldn't even touch the legetimacy of the said documents, he said the the government seems to have (inadvertantly) disinformed us, or lied in the documents. Rofl.

Oh, but it was too funny for words! Science actually, in real life, does tend to connect dots in supposedly random coincidences, and when there is so much evidence, photographic, eye-witnesses, government documents to a small degree, operatives disclosing, and "so many coincidences" real science would have started massively studying this long ago. My uncles specialty was physics, and science doesnt really behave the way these debunkers act in the public. Thats the whole thing. Its not scientific.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Most scientists dont believe in all this UFO business, and most dont believe in God either, its only evolution they believe in.

what? ive never found that to be the case.the closer they are to discovering how the universe works the more open minded they are!

sure most will belive in evolution,but the existents of a god does not invalidate the theroy of evolution

oh and you never heard of the drake equation?

They also dont believe in taking vitamins, herbs, minerals....etc, they only believe in drugs.

how many moden day drugs come from herbs? i.e asprin!
I cant say ive ever heard a scienist reccomending against vitamins.
and isnt a rich diet of iron reccomended for certian medical problems?

[edit on (19/7/08) by ashwhy]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashwhy

what? ive never found that to be the case.the closer they are to discovering how the universe works the more open minded they are!

sure most will belive in evolution,but the existents of a god does not invalidate the theroy of evolution

how many moden day drugs come from herbs? i.e asprin!
I cant say ive ever heard a scienist reccomending against vitamins.
and isnt a rich diet of iron reccomended for certian medical problems?

[edit on (19/7/08) by ashwhy]

Chickie, I agree with most of what you say, especially the evolution part!

But I hate to break it to you, most hardcore scientists dont share that opinion, yes there are some and yes perhaps their numbers are growing, but right now its till the minority.

Also aspirin was originally from the white willow plant, but its now produced SYNTHETICALLY, there's nothing natural about it.

And plenty of scientists dont put stock in vitamins as far as taking them in pills, they just believe a good diet is enough

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I watched the show and thought Bill Nye was very useless in the whole discussion.

He even brought up things that were non issue, like the fact that flares were dropped, yet that was at 10:00pm, when the sightings were at 8:30pm. He also claimed a couple of other facts that were out of line with the discussion.'

He was more than a skeptic, he was disinfo in my opinion and he was quoting the others out of context and interupting alot.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

my point exactly

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Please, ashwhy...tell us what the Drake Equation is and it's purpose.

I am starting to hate the Drake Equation and the absolute ignorance surrounding it.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Bill Nye was terrible in the first half hour and only marginally better in the second. As I have posted elsewhere, it is time for Mr King to get another skeptic. Nye got his @$$ handed to him on a platter.
The person who referred to him as "Pal" was a former Air Force officer with a PHD now who is a professor. He was called in by his supervisor to watch the flying saucer shoot at and destroy the dummy missile's warhead. He had seen the film. This was not second hand, it was an actual eyewitness. He had every reason to be upset at Nye.

[edit on 7/19/2008 by kidflash2008]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

explanation of the drake equation to clarify for a previous poster........
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by pureevil81
explanation of the drake equation to clarify for a previous poster........
en.wikipedia.org...

I know what it is and it's purpose; I was asking Ashwhy because he/she obviously does not know it's purpose.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Please, ashwhy...tell us what the Drake Equation is and it's purpose.

I am starting to hate the Drake Equation and the absolute ignorance surrounding it.

How dare you question mainstream science and all its geniuses??????

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I only refered to the drake equation as it highlights there is a high chance of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe, and i dont accept that most scientists think UFO stuff is balls,yes the drake equation is subject to wide interpretation,
but im sure most scientists know there are more stars in the universe than grains of sand in the world and year on year more planets are found in are local star system.

I think we will have to agree to disagree what most scientists think.I dont think they can all be pigeon holed.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Bill Nye The Science Guy! This guys mix of science and comedy is a bit much. I thought it was hilarious, when the vinegar and soda comeback bit came up. Stanton and all them guys up there are intelligent and know the difference between a conventional 60's aircraft and a flying disc that defies logic. I expect to see better from Nye he can't prove/disprove either it's a two lane highway. like the others can't prove, but there is a lot more data backing up UFO's.

IE... Like the Rendlesham forest UFO incident, It was all said that on earlier shows that it was the lighthouse shining which was proven not to be by yet another UFO investigators group later on. The lighthouse couldn't possibly shine in the the direction of the base, because it has a iron plate shield in the back of it ROFL!! Oops no one ever thought someone would actually visit the lighthouse and truly investigate it. Then the talks about blacked out lines on documents to blot out peoples private info. Well of course that's expected, but god read and look at the pdf files yourself Nye! There is quite a bit blacked out there. Hmm a UFO report from the CIA, NRO, NSA with 80% information blackened out. If there is nothing to hide then why black it out? Why have the report at all? These nay sayer can't bring a decent scientific explanation to the table it's gotta be hoaky funny ordeal. No there isnt any intelligent life out there, but yet here we are! In one hand they tell us there isn't any other life out there, then in the other hand they spend billions to listen and look and visit planets and stars and galaxies. I got one word for that BULL#.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Nye is annoying and unprofessional, he believes in his own greatness and will call even the most reliable eyewitness mistaken or a liar.

I just think Nye is afraid like a child is who believes there is a monster in the closet, nobody can be more ignorant than Nye, skeptics are important to Ufology, i dont even class him as a skeptic, he likes to try and antagonize.

I also think King only has him on the show just to show the public just how ignorant these so called intelligent people are for real, i dont think Nye should be given any chances to discuss any evidence, its obvious he has made his mind up before he even gets the invite to go on the show.

Im sure there are a few people who want to be his best friend, and as for being a disinfo agent i totally agree, but i think he is working for himself, i doubt a government disinfo agent would act like he does.. IMO

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join