It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing 2008: Bars Forbidden to Serve "Blacks" and Mongolians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Beijing 2008: Bars Forbidden to Serve "Blacks" and Mongolians

www.asianews.it

For “reasons of safety”, bars are forbidden to serve “blacks” and Mongolians or place tables in the street.
(*Cut*)
Bar owners around the Workers’ Stadium in downtown Beijing say that public security officials are telling them not to let in “blacks” and Mongolians, and many of them have even had to sign a pledge. The official reason is the fight against drugs and prostitution, dominated in the past by Mongolians and persons of colour.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Hey, maybe the Chinese need a "U.N. Envoy on Racism":
www.louisianaweekly.com...

Seriously, if this happened during the Sydney Olympics, or the upcoming London Olympics there'd be hell to pay.

Ah well - one standard for Whitey, one standard for the rest of the world!

www.asianews.it

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

one standard for Whitey

A little racist yourself you are?

What.......don't like white men?

What about white women?lol

Maybe you should have a taste of your own medicine and have a visit from the

"U.N. Envoy on Racism":

King Solomon put it best in Proverbs. "Power is in the hand of the oppressor"

Love you brother.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
As the majority of our American athletes are "persons of color" I imagine this will cause some severe issues with our attendance at the 2008 games.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Chaoticar

awww. i'm sooo glad they got to host the olympics. aren't you?

is this for real?

did something get "lost in translation?" does it include the athletes?

[edit on 18-7-2008 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
Maybe you should have a taste of your own medicine and have a visit from the

I was joking:
I just find it humourous that there are certain double standards apparent in our world.

Don't you find it quite..."odd" that in a world where reading a book about how "The Fighting Irish took on the Klu Klux Klan", or using the term "niggardly" (with origins in Viking Scandanavia), or even black holes and angel/devil cakes are all "racist", a country like China can cruise by openly issuing ordnances banning bars from serving "blacks and Mongolians"?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
is this for real?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was another case of "lost in translation", on second thought.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Yeah you could be right it could mean "Blacks" as in "persons of a dark nature", not so desirable people, not actually skin color.
Dark nature meaning tri ads and criminals.
It could be lost in translation or it could indeed be racism.
I think if it is racism many people are going to have a serious problem with that.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Yea dude..I was just ribbing you!

I find it ABSURD that Mongols and Blacks cannot have a beer in Bejing?!!!??

WTF.

I mean, can they get away with this crap in this day and age?

What really got me was the comment by the guy who said that they are doing this in order to stop the selling of illegal drugs!!! WHAT?

The official reason is the fight against drugs and prostitution, dominated in the past by Mongolians and persons of colour.
What a joke. I thought the Triads were in on this as well. lol

By the way I flagged your thread after I made my first comment.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Maybe an international task force is needed to rise from the racist puke...

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Wait whats the problem here. Remember how we were told by the multiculturalists that all cultures are equal and that in fact some cultures, especially those of the second and third worlds are more 'equal' than others.

We should rejoice in the diversity of institutionalized cultural hate manifested by the superior cultures of emerging nations. So when a Muslim slaughters a christian or Jew, we know that they are just acting out of a legitimate alternative cultural context, and when the Chinese ban certain races from their liquor, well we should embrace this difference as well.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Being_From_Earth
Yeah you could be right it could mean "Blacks" as in "persons of a dark nature", not so desirable people, not actually skin color.
Dark nature meaning tri ads and criminals.
It could be lost in translation or it could indeed be racism.
I think if it is racism many people are going to have a serious problem with that.

That doesn't speak to the inclusion of Mongolians, which was definitely not lost in translation.

This is pretty freakin hillarious to me. The games haven't even started and the Chinese are already showing their true colors. Not that they were ever hidden from anyone with at least one eye open. Where's the outrage, MSM?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Anyone catch that story yesterday in the news about how China has asked all performing artists to be aware of the fact that it's illegal to make Chinese people feel bad about their nation?

They don't want anyone talking about Tibet, no siree, because if people talk about, that might lead to other people thinking about it, and that's a no-no.

Don't say anything that goes against the party line, or they'll be very upset.

How is it that the nations of the world are agreeing to hold the olympics in one of the five most repressive places on the planet? The olympics are supposed to be about multiculturalism, common ground and working together - the olive branch of peace and all that rubbish.

Pole vault is canceled this year, I'm sorry, but we simply cannot get the damn poles out of these guys' rear ends! You can't have a pole vault without poles...

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Chaoticar

The pledge in question uses the word 黑帮份子, which means "gangster", not black people. The first character in the word for gangster does mean black, but this entire article is based on a very bad translation.

The pledge actually asks them to not serve "gangsters and prostitutes" not "blacks and Mongolians."

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I don't think this is going to sit well with the USA National Basketball team...

They have a few guys on the team with some possies, that could probaly take down the whole PLA...

Anyway... i hope this is nothing more then a slip in translation.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This is ridiculous

Well I think the black Olympians should all veto the games.That's not going to leave a very competitive games is it.

Looking over a site regarding the pollution in China,I'd think twice about wanting to breath heavy over there.

Any Chinese members here..that's not an insult.. I really feel for you guys.It look horrendous.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chaoticar

Seriously, if this happened during the Sydney Olympics, or the upcoming London Olympics there'd be hell to pay.

www.asianews.it

The chinese are not white, you are a racist dude plain and simple. Calling people whitey wtf is wrong with you? Im not even going to get on affirmative action. If minorites cant make it with that in place its their own fault. No ones going to just give you money dude.

I actually clicked this thread to make the connection between it and southpark I was actually laughing then I see a racist comment like that. Gah grow up people racism is in the eye of the beholder, end of story.

Its trolls like this that are totally ruining the boards for me, Ive been seeing a lot of name calling lately. And now racisim.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Memysabu]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Memysabu

Originally posted by Chaoticar

www.asianews.it

The chinese are not white, you are a racist dude plain and simple. Calling people whitey wtf is wrong with you? Im not even going to get on affirmative action. If minorites cant make it with that in place its their own fault. No ones going to just give you money dude.

I actually clicked this thread to make the connection between it and southpark I was actually laughing then I see a racist comment like that. Gah grow up people racism is in the eye of the beholder, end of story.

Its trolls like this that are totally ruining the boards for me, Ive been seeing a lot of name calling lately. And now racisim.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Memysabu]

There was nothing racist about what he said in the least. Although sarcasm can be difficult to tell on a forum, that was as obvious sarcasm as you could have on a forum. In case your comprehension is lacking (and it is) he was suggesting quite the opposite. Please re-read his post and stop being such an Emo.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Umm....what do you expect?
We are talking about commie bastards. This should be no surprise even though some might think every country is the same and communism is good.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
whattheory you should really grow up a bit,
and if your older than... 10? maybe you should learn some respect, or decency.. or something along those lines.

but back on topic,

this will cause problems.

But on a whole, I found asian nations to be more racist than previously thought.

When I was backpacking Japan, more than 6 out of 10 bars/pubs/clubs even strip joints would deny me entry.. with the reason

'' no whites ''

or

'' asian only ''

This olympics is going to be a turning point I think, for what I dont know but headstrong cultures and rule is about to clash!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join