It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain Caught on Video Lying America Into War

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

The week before the election in 2004, Bush publicly announced that a huge assault on Fallujah was to occur.

I view this as an obvious ploy to get votes because if you voted for Bush, then Fallujah would be invaded and end the insurgency. If you didn't vote for Bush, then the war would be ruined and the American people would be responsible for letting the insurgency continue. All this according to the media.

In parading their assault on Fallujah, all the Bush administration accomplished was making the mission more dangerous and making it less effective. This is akin to the British marching into war, band a blazing, dressed in bright red uniforms as if to shout "WE'RE COMING!" with a giant neon sign and an arrow pointing to us.

Now why wouldn't the insurgents just leave town when they new the assault was coming? This is common sense. In fact, in my opinion, it would be a genius tactical move on the part of the insurgency to just use psy ops to mess with our heads there. Therefore it would be obvious that all the people we would be after would have left town, making the assault pointless. Do you honestly think that this wasn't thought of by our military? Hmmm, well it seems that MSNBC was nice enough to point out the fact that this is exactly what happened.

Many Insurgents Apparently Fled From Fallujah. As this story reported, "...advance U.S. and Iraqi government warnings gave the militants plenty of time to get out of town, and it appears many did just that."

This also gave them advanced warnings and let them set up booby traps for our troops, as reported by CBS News and CNN:

"often booby-trapped rubble of Fallujah." - CBN News

and

booby-trapped barricades " - CNN.

Or what about this:

"Three marines have been killed in an explosion as they entered a booby-trapped building in central Fallujah."

All this mission accomplished was a high casualty of American lives.

All of the publicity here was unnecessary and the only reason I can fathom for it is that the Bush administration only wanted to use it to gain re-election. Not about freeing the Iraqi people, attacking the insurgents, or even caring about the lives of our troops.

This assault did not have to wait until the election and did not have to be announced publicly and repeatedly!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by solo1

Exactly. How can one say that we have won this war? What victory has been achieved? That Sadaam was removed from power after we put him there? Right. That now a country is in ruins because of our actions from the beginning in the late 80's through the present day? Some victory.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I view this as an obvious ploy to get votes because if you voted for Bush, then Fallujah would be invaded and end the insurgency. If you didn't vote for Bush, then the war would be ruined and the American people would be responsible for letting the insurgency continue. All this according to the media.

You obviously need to read up on Fallujah. This is PURE conspiracy theory on your part. Its a fact that if we pulled out of Iraq back than, the place would be a tinder box right now. The foreign fighters WERE massing in Fallujah and did move to ramadi. Where they were crushed.

All you're doing is making # up. Why don't you go read up on Operation Phantom Fury?

(I hate wiki, but this info looks to be accurate.)
en.wikipedia.org...

The Second Battle of Fallujah (code-named Operation Al-Fajr - "The Dawn" in Arabic, and Operation Phantom Fury) was a joint U.S.-Iraqi offensive led by the U.S. Marine Corps against the Iraqi insurgency stronghold in the city of Fallujah, authorized by the U.S.-appointed Iraqi Interim Government. The U.S. military called it "some of the heaviest urban combat U.S. Marines have been involved in since the Battle of Hue City in Vietnam."[9]

Timeline

[edit] U.S. preparation for the battle

* November 7, 2004: U.S. Marines stage just north of Fallujah. The city, having now been under complete insurgent control with no American presence since April, there are a large numbers of booby traps and IEDs constructed and set in place. Additionally, elevated sniper positions were created along with heavily fortified defensive positions throughout the city, in preparation for a major offensive. American UAVs observe insurgents conducting live-fire exercises in the city in preparation for the coming attack.

* November 8, 2004: Operation Phantom Fury begins.

Now why wouldn't the insurgents just leave town when they new the assault was coming? This is common sense.

Many did leave the city and went to Ramadi.

en.wikipedia.org...

Nevertheless the battle proved to be less than the decisive engagement that the U.S. military had hoped for, some of the nonlocal insurgents were believed to have fled before the military assault along with Zarqawi, leaving mostly local militants behind. Subsequent U.S. military operations against insurgent positions were ineffective at drawing out insurgents into another open battle, and by September 2006 the situation had deteriorated to the point that the Al-Anbar province that contained Falluja was reported to be in total insurgent control by the U.S. Marine Corps, with the exception of only pacified Fallujah, but now with an insurgent-plagued Ramadi[19][20]

In fact, in my opinion,

LOL, which one is it?

making the assault pointless.

The assault wasn't pointless. Fallujah has been quiet EVER SINCE the assault. What the hell are you talking about? Its the old, "history didn't pan out my conspiracy, so I'll just make up history" tactic.

en.wikipedia.org...

The recapture of the city itself proved to be largely a success for U.S. forces, with a large number of local insurgent fighters being killed, and the momentum the Sunni rebellion had gained from controlling the city being dashed in the face of overwhelming U.S. firepower. Furthermore, al-Qaeda's foothold in Iraq had been seriously degraded, even though its leader Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi managed to escape. Insurgent elements almost immediately began to attempt to re-group their power base in the city, with limited results.

This also gave them advanced warnings and let them set up booby traps for our troops, as reported by CBS News and CNN:

Yes, insurgents set up booby traps. This isn't a new tactic of war. Especially urban combat. Like I said, the US had no presence in Fallujah for several months.

Anyway, absolutely none of this addresses the points of your theory that I refuted. The idea that Bush/McCain lied to get us in to war.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The Republican party is completely bankrupt of moral force,don't get me wrong the democrats are just as bad.
But in choosing Dumbo Mcain to run for President it shows that the Republicans either do not want to win , are holding the American people in contempt ,
or they are all dumber than Mcain and thats dumb.

With the likes of Ron Paul being ostracized by them .
It makes one wonder,Do they plan on stealing yet another election using
Electronic voting machines under the American's noses
or do they plan on calling it a tie and having a corrupt set of judges declare
that it is some how democratic to install a Junta into the presidency
Americans who are still enthralled with the two main stream parties are delusional at best.
Both parties have reduced the USA to a banana republic .
gutted the infrastructure, looted the treasury and all of the trust funds, and raped America over and over again.

1 ) all of the national parks sold off to the UN and are now wild life biospheres.
2 ) Infrastructure for sale all across America.
3 )Economic foundations across the country trembling as inflation looms on the horizon.
4 ) jobs sold abroad to line the pockets of the politicians
5 ) corruption everywhere as far as you can see.
6 ) 50% of Americans do not even bother to vote what does this say about America's chances of survival .
7 ) debts unpayable and Americans clamor for more money and perks
While the country lists and begins to sink.

The audacity to say the constitution is just a gd piece of paper ! and not a single congressman with a back bone to stand up for the country save a few
like Kucunich,Paul etc... How can America prevail ?
Well America won't prevail it will disappear into the North American Union
pretty soon .

Americans they don't make em like they use too I guess.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by solo1

Americans they don't make em like they use too I guess.

Obama is a noob and has no more experience then YOU do. I would have loved Ron Paul but his problem wasn't the media, he doesn't have the guts to say on camera what he writes on his website and other editorials.

That is what frustrated me about him during the debates was his presence was weak and he could have really turned it up a LOT more then he did.

It was as if he just stood their and took it from them.

Well I hate to say it but, when you got kids growing up learning in our public schools that we are all just the sum total of our body chemistry that we are all victims of our genetic happenstance (gee I almost said "design") that we live we die that's it whoopie.

Our morals are all whatever we think they should be individually what does it matter if mine is greed and yours is not.

I only have one life I am going to cram as much into my own indulgent lifestyle as I can sexually, financially etc. We will have our every whim turned into a damn Government entitlement and NOTHING is EVER wrong with that and to say otherwise is bigotry so blame that on religion.

Yeah,, that's the problem lol

Hell we can't even spank

our kids much less

bring em up right

not anymore

- Con

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join