It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The threat from Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It seems apparent to me that at some point either Israel or the United States will eventually take some kind of action to prevent Iran from completing the steps necessary to building a nuclear devise.

I honestly would like to know what the people of ATS think. Who will strike 1st? It seems to me that the US loses either way. I think if Israel attacks we'll be blamed for helping them and if we attack then we'll be blamed for another preemptive strike :-( Does Israel have the capability to do this on their own and can we distance ourselves far enough away from them to have "clean hands"? If WE attack will the world community condemn us as just another bully or quietly give us hi 5's for it?

I'd like to see Israel take care of business but it doesn't seem to matter because the US will still be partially blamed for it! Does anyone have any possible scenarios?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Ever since Russia has said that they would be with Iran if they were attacked it seems that everything has died down to talks. Russia is helping iran so they are probably giving them missiles, weapons, and new technology to help them. With Russia helping Iran if Israel were to stike its all over. I'm very scared of this Russia helping Iran. Hello If we cant deal with Iraq we cant deal with Russian and Iran. I hope and pray talking it out will solve this Israel/Iran issue.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Grendel39

To answer your question if Isreal can do it by it self YES.
As a matter of fact they have done things like this in the past I would not count them out.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see Israel "take care of the problem" I just worry about the usual fallout from the rest of the region. Invariably, the Islamic states, would get around to blaming US for any logistic help we may or may not have given them. In the end I doubt that any attack would help us in Iraq or even Afghanistan.

It's also a LONG way to fly for them without help from the United States and I'm sure that countries in the region would say we were at least involved in some capacity. Do you think it's better WE do it or allow Israel to? I believe that either way it happens that we'll get a huge black eye and it may threaten our troops on the ground in either of the 2 countries we are fighting in.

It just seems unfair either way it goes down.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
why can't iran have nuclear weapons? just about everyone else does. seems to me someone just wants to keep them off the playing field.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I'd love to allow them weapons of mass destruction....(RIGHT)! All they talk about is the destruction of a NATION with millions of people living there. Iran is a destabilizing influence on the entire region! They have abducted diplomats and hijacked other nations boats, lets see what else.... endorsed and financed terrorists in the entire region and not to mention supplied weapons that are killing Americans EVERY day in Iraq. Hmmmm, yeah, I think you're right. Why NOT allow them the ability to destroy entire countries, good idea

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Israel has over 200 wmd and are the only country in the mid east that has them. So whats the problem?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
There is to many threads out there on this topic.Holysmoke...Ok Bush secretly gave Israel bunkerbusters to do the job and thats it.The threat is over.LOL there is bigger fish to fry here.

top topics

join