It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you believe in God without believing in religion?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
In my view if you believe in a god then you must have to inherit the views of some religion - depending on your particular view of what god is. Therefore if you don't want to entertain a religion then why bother entertaining the notion of a god which is more or less a religious viewpoint.

G

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
In my view if you believe in a god then you must have to inherit the views of some religion - depending on your particular view of what god is. Therefore if you don't want to entertain a religion then why bother entertaining the notion of a god which is more or less a religious viewpoint.
G

I believe in an energy Creator. I believe energy evolved into consciousness - then intelligent consciousness - that nothing exists but thought - all is only an illusion manifested by thought.

As far as gods. I believe god is a title or a rank of beings higher evolved then human.

I don't consider evolving in consciousness - intelligence - knowledge - compassion - - a religion - but some might.

I consider religion man made politics for purpose of control.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I believe in an energy Creator.
Please elaborate

I believe energy evolved into consciousness - then intelligent consciousness - that nothing exists but thought - all is only an illusion manifested by thought.
So why doesn't other types of energy evolve a consciousness

As far as gods. I believe god is a title or a rank of beings higher evolved then human.
Why call them gods?

Totally agree with you there.

G

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I believe in an energy Creator.
Please elaborate

I believe energy evolved into consciousness - then intelligent consciousness - that nothing exists but thought - all is only an illusion manifested by thought.
So why doesn't other types of energy evolve a consciousness

Why call them gods?

Totally agree with you there.

G

I answered the thread question. Doesn't say I have to explain it.

However - I believe in the beginning there was only pure light energy: Out Of Pure Light, Physicists Create Particles Of Matter - - - Scientists have long been able to convert matter to energy; the most spectacular example is a nuclear explosion, where a small amount of matter creates tremendous energy. Now physicists have succeeded in doing the opposite: converting energy in the form of light into matter -- in this experiment, electrons and their anti-matter equivalent, positrons.

The Creator - a Light Being of intelligent consciousness is the thought of all that has evolved. Physical does not exist but is an illusion of thought. All other energies would be from origin.

I have no idea who came up with the word god and applied it. Who came up with Major General and applied it?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Does that mean you don't understand it?

However - I believe in the beginning there was only pure light energy:
The Creator - a Light Being of intelligent consciousness is the thought of all that has evolved. Physical does not exist but is an illusion of thought. All other energies would be from origin.
Why only one creator? If this energy can create one being why not millions of them? If the physical is an illusion why does it conform to physical laws and not illusory laws?

I have no idea who came up with the word god and applied it. Who came up with Major General and applied it?
Makes no difference although at least we can see Major Generals.

G

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Does that mean you don't understand it?

However - I believe in the beginning there was only pure light energy:
Why only one creator? If this energy can create one being why not millions of them? If the physical is an illusion why does it conform to physical laws and not illusory laws?

Makes no difference although at least we can see Major Generals.
G

What I said is what I believe 100%. Why I believe it doesn't matter.

I'm generalizing One as one is logical for a beginning. I suppose there could be more - and they could oppose each other. I choose to believe it is a phenomenon that occurred once as an all encompassing intelligent consciousness. We are all ripples in the same pond.

How do you know you are not seeing gods on an every day basis? I believe prophets (higher evolved beings) are sent to earth on a regular basis. In ancient times they would have seemed to have great powers and be referred to as gods.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by shihulud

This makes no sense. God IS without religion, so why would one have to have religion in order to have God in one's life?

And regarding your entertainment statement: Religion is crap and God is the real deal. God isn't about politics but religion is all about politics. Do you think that is what He wants?

Do you think He wants people kissing His ass so they can be "saved" or go to heaven or whatever? :shk:

God is way beyond religion.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

What I said is what I believe 100%. Why I believe it doesn't matter.
Fair enough , I wasn't criticizing your belief (hey everyone can believe what they like - who am I to judge) just asking questions to understand a bit better.

I'm generalizing One as one is logical for a beginning. I suppose there could be more - and they could oppose each other. I choose to believe it is a phenomenon that occurred once as an all encompassing intelligent consciousness. We are all ripples in the same pond.
Fair enough

How do you know you are not seeing gods on an every day basis? I believe prophets (higher evolved beings) are sent to earth on a regular basis. In ancient times they would have seemed to have great powers and be referred to as gods.
Your choice, your belief - I just can't see the justification for it but hey it's just as good a theory as any right?

G

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I just can't see the justification for it but hey it's just as good a theory as any right?
G

For me its logical and science leaning. I believe there are far advanced civilizations who monitor earth - as we monitor lower life forms.

link   

I just can't see the justification for it but hey it's just as good a theory as any right?
G

For me its logical and science leaning. I believe there are far advanced civilizations who monitor earth - as we monitor lower life forms.

link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

reply to post by shihulud

This makes no sense. God IS without religion, so why would one have to have religion in order to have God in one's life?
Then why have him say he's jealous god and to worship him as the prime god? To worship is to have a religious belief

And regarding your entertainment statement: Religion is crap
HERE HERE!

and God is the real deal. God isn't about politics but religion is all about politics. Do you think that is what He wants?
I don't particularly care what some man made deity wants. I see no evidence for the existence for any deity man made or otherwise. For a deity that supposedly stuck it's nose in quite regularly in ancient times it doesn't seem to care much these days.

Do you think He wants people kissing His ass so they can be "saved" or go to heaven or whatever? :shk:

God is way beyond religion.
God is way above reality more like.

G

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

G

Quite possible but why bother it's not as if we're a danger to anyone except ourselves? Its not as if we're anything spectacular in the grand scheme.

G

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Quite possible but why bother it's not as if we're a danger to anyone except ourselves? Its not as if we're anything spectacular in the grand scheme.
G

We are all ripples in the same pond.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
"We are all ripples in the same pond."

Grains of sand on a bible beach.
Snow flakes in a bible blizzard.
Ants in the ant hill of the bible.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Religions are man made. Therein lies enough cause to doubt them. "GOD" implies a metaphysical concept or at least spiritual one. I for one see no problem with finding comfort in the belief in the divine cosmos without the necessity of a religious foundation. It's also much cheaper, no Sunday/Saturday dues.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
"We are all ripples in the same pond."

Grains of sand on a bible beach.
Snow flakes in a bible blizzard.
Ants in the ant hill of the bible.

What does the bible have to do with it?

I'm basically talking energy and how everything is ONE.

Perhaps you mean the same thing - I am not sure.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join