It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain POW bud: Muslims 'going to kill us'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Animal

OK, you answered my question, so I'll make my statement about the more direct point of the topic. You say your experiences with Muslims has been entirely positive. You say that the government trumped up everything against them the past 7 1/2 years. You say that the majority of Middle East Muslims do not hate America. I say this... while only a handfull of them blew up two of our landmark buildings, attempted to destroy our Pentagon, and killed a couple thousand of our civilians... a hell of a lot of them were shown partying in the streets, ulalating and whooping it up as the footage of the towers colapsing was piped into their ass end of dimentia countries in the desert.

Therein lies a very fundamental difference between America and the Muslim world. When we bombed the hell out of Afghanistan and Iraq I seem to have missed seeing any Americans out dancing in the streets, when we caught Hussein I somehow managed to fail to observe anyone ulalating in downtown Boston over us having him, and on the dat we either kill bin Laden or verify his death I highly doubt we'll all be scurrying around in the town squares burning him in effigy and burning Afghani flags. If you want to act like animals in a zoo, don't be surprised when you're treated like and spoken of as animals in a zoo. So far much of the Middle East has been the monkey house at feeding time with the zookeeper running 15 minutes late. Maybe if they want America's perception of them to change they could do something (like possibly NOT acting so damn stereotypical as the angry America hating Muslim) to change it.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
Most Muslims do not believe that

AGAIN ... NO KIDDING! The OP asked where people get the idea .. I provided a link showing where people get the idea. I also specifically stated that it was RADICAL Islamics that the link showed ...

and yes we have been over this before .. what we have been over is YOU assuming I'm saying something that I am not.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Show me footage, and please show me LOTS of footage, that demonstrates how the MAJORITY of Muslims hate America. Your insistences is, IMHO, demeaning to us both.

Secondly I never talked about the government 'trumped everything up' over the last 7.5 years because 911 was a horrible crime and that can not be denied. What I am saying is that the government thinks so little of our intelligence and educations that they feel like they can demonize millions of people (Muslims) rather than only those who deserve it, Radicals.

And if you did not see the glee that SOME people here in the USA had when we bombed Iraq and Afghanistan than you are being willfully blind to a reality that exists in our country as well as any other, hate.

Your quote:

If you want to act like animals in a zoo, don't be surprised when you're treated like and spoken of as animals in a zoo. So far much of the Middle East has been the monkey house at feeding time with the zookeeper running 15 minutes late. Maybe if they want America's perception of them to change they could do something (like possibly NOT acting so damn stereotypical as the angry America hating Muslim) to change it.

is as perfect an example of racism I have every seen. This statement have demonstrates a anthropocentric world view and disdain for that which one does not understand. It is a shocking example of the heights of the Us vrs Them mentality.

Edit: removed personal critiques.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Animal]

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Animal]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Discuss the topic folks, not each other.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join