It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Let Go

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Bumping the page turning glitch...oh I guess it must have been an anon post
why does this always happen to me..... ? I am letting it go though...

[edit on 8-8-2008 by seagrass]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I will have to say, I know exactly where your coming from. It always feels like theres more you can do to look like that girl on the magazine. I grew up with a sister who was always popular and beautiful, even when she wasnt wearing makeup. I always strived for what she had and was very envious of her.

I buy stupid creams and cleaners. Stretchmark cream for the few stretchmarks on my stomache. Knowing these creams wont fade them completely yet still finding myself using them everynight.

In a crowd I always feel like everyones looking at me and picking apart all my flaws.

I guess I had to learn that even the most beautiful woman, arent completely happy with how they look. Even the most beautiful woman pick there flaws.

Its very hard to get over completely and its tough going day to day comparing yourself to other woman.

Wanting the dark tan. The perfect hair. The nice body. The pretty eyes. The full lips. It gets overwelming.

Ive gotten over alot of it. I had to let myself know this is going to be my body forever, this is me, am I going to go through life feeling crappy about myself, or accept myself how I am and love myself no matter what.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
try closing your eyes, and within 3 minutes you have completely forgotten the notion of time , and also of your bodies whereabouts.

things get a little exciting after that to say the least.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
wow this thread is a deep one......and not so much about 'letting go' as it is about self acceptance in a world where we are taught to NOT accept ourself as we are, that we can ALWAYS 'be better'.........

When I was 23 I just decided I didn't want to 'PAINT' my face mask on anymore and just stopped.
My mother would then introduce me to people and say to them "well when she wears makeup she IS really pretty".............how nice of her. She has that Tammy Fay Baker look going on that turns my stomach but I guess my clean face turns hers. She made it clear enough.
Its a challenge to just accept yourself for who you are in the face of the cosmetic industry, let alone when your OWN mother acts disgusted by your lack of war paint.

If I am taken out to dinner or someplace nice where I take care to dress up and I will put on makeup, and when friends see me they will say "OMG you CAN BE so pretty! WHY don't you do this all the time?".......when they say that to me they cross the line of being my friend anymore in my mind.......for I now know TRUE friends see your beauty no matter what the latest ~COVERGIRL~ add says..

[edit on 25-5-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join