It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon transits Earth video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I think THIS video is really amazing. It shows the moon passing in front of the earth from a vantage point in space. Now if we only had a space hotel with a view like that

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Thats a great video Lecter and thanks for posting it. Yes, what an amazing view. I had all but forgotten about EPOXI and didn't know that it was still out there plugging along.

Rush

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Nice catch, lecter .

While not a first, I've not seen too many images with the entire moon and Earth.

Here's the NASA page for some additional info and views.

It includes some additional stills,video with different filters n such.

Intersesting...

"A 'sun glint' can be seen in the movie, caused by light reflected from Earth's oceans,

Nice to see the multi-tasking idea being used with Deep Impact , and other probes.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Not to be......

....but this is one of my favorite videos of the earthrise from the Kaguya. You may have already seen it. Clicky on this link. There is a quicky ad first.

Rush

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
um

do you people ever stop and wonder WHERE this video was taken from?

where was the video camera placed?????
somewhere outside the moons orbital path obviously...???

helewwww!

-

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
um

do you people ever stop and wonder WHERE this video was taken from?...

Um... not since reading the linked articles.

www.nasa.gov...
During a full Earth rotation, images obtained by Deep Impact at a 15-minute cadence have been combined to make a color video. During the video, the moon enters the frame (because of its orbital motion) and transits Earth, then leaves the frame. Other spacecraft have imaged Earth and the moon from space, but Deep Impact is the first to show a transit of Earth with enough detail to see large craters on the moon and oceans and continents on Earth.

Could it be I'm not understanding your question ?

top topics

join