It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The purposed racism against Barack Obama.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
reply to post by LLoyd45

So, then why this big stink about him catering to minorities?

I never said a word about it in my post, you'd have to ask someone else. I expect as much out of politicians..

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I like how everyone in this thread ignores the fact that ive pointed out now that blaming republicans for starting these rumors or even fanning them just isnt true.

HILLARY CLINTON

Started every single one of these rumors. Everyone... So for Obama to be playing victims against the republicans, is a lie and politics as usual for the good of the party. He knew who Started the rumors. Pointing it out will cause further schizm between hillary clinton supporters.

I was campaigning for Obama and clinton people were actively at work to fan these flames.

Somebody please change the OP. its misleading.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by soup_sandwich]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
They aren't rumors though Soup.

She missed most of the important one that may have made a difference in her campaign.

Instead of focusing on the issues, she should have focused on attacking Obama's character

Afterall, this is how Obama does it. He wins by discrediting the opponent while preaching hope and change for the issues.

Obama is about to get a heavy-dose of his own medicine though, come general election time.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
They aren't rumors though Soup.

She missed most of the important one that may have made a difference in her campaign.

Instead of focusing on the issues, she should have focused on attacking Obama's character

Afterall, this is how Obama does it. He wins by discrediting the opponent while preaching hope and change for the issues.

Obama is about to get a heavy-dose of his own medicine though, come general election time.

Thats his problem he isnt winning. He gave me and all the others a big FU in the last month. Now that hes gotten the nomination, he isnt going to be doing much different than mccain. 16 months in Iraq?FISA? faith based programs? Increasing military spending. WTF man? Not to mention all that anti-white stuff to be found in his book making the rounds on youtube IN HIS OWN #IN VOICE. Ya one big FU to those of us who worked so hard for him.

Well im not a republican i dont just blindly vote my party line, so my FU to him is in November when I add to Ralph Naders 5-10% hes gonna get. Atleast Ralph is consistent and another 4 years of the same old when bring a 3rd party to dominance in 2012.

I can always trust Nader to look out for the little guy.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by soup_sandwich
I like how everyone in this thread ignores the fact that ive pointed out now that blaming republicans for starting these rumors or even fanning them just isnt true.

I am uncertain of who you are referencing as I have not made any mention of either political party.

HILLARY CLINTON

Started every single one of these rumors. Everyone... So for Obama to be playing victims against the republicans, is a lie and politics as usual for the good of the party. He knew who Started the rumors. Pointing it out will cause further schizm between hillary clinton supporters.

I was campaigning for Obama and clinton people were actively at work to fan these flames.

I agree that almost all evidence points to Hillary and her supporters as the one's responsible for spreading the majority of the lies about Barack Obama.

Somebody please change the OP. its misleading.

Once again, I am uncertain what you mean by "change the OP, its misleading."

I did not accuse any political party; rather, I stated a few facts and then offered my interpretations of statements that I have heard or read, without regard to where they originated from.

Cybrseer

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
It's politics. That's all it is.

Barack eats babies for lunch and wants to kill anyone over the age of 65 so they aren't a drag on the system.

McCain saves the babies for supper and wants to kill everyone under the age of 65 with constant war.

Just listen to the candidates yourself and don't believe anything your read. Both candidates are saying the exact same thing....

"You are so screwed!"

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeDeuce
reply to post by vor78

I have to agree.... Barack keeps some awfully dirty associates. Why should Obama get a free pass on who he associates with? Is it because he's black?

No Free Passes.

I could not agree more "No Free Passes."

If you denounce Barack Obama for his associations then you should denounce everyone else for their associations as well.

Cybrseer

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
reply to post by LLoyd45

So, then why this big stink about him catering to minorities?

I never said a word about it in my post, you'd have to ask someone else. I expect as much out of politicians..

Good point llyod: My apologies for the insinuation

any other conservatives care to chime in?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I am a far, far cry from conservative, at least as that term is used by most regarding political affiliation.

I can also assure you that I could give a rats @$$ that Obama is black. I would happily vote for anyone who I thought was honest.

For me, it IS an issue when other candidates pander to "minority" voters, including when the wealthy and privileged candidates pretend that they give a damn about the poor and struggling.

Obama pisses me off more because he and I have some things in common. We were both raised by people with a skin color not the same as our own. My dislike of his playing the race card had much more to do with the disloyalty it showed to the people who raised him, loved him, and cared for him than it has to do with the fact that he is pandering to the black voters by virtue of his skin color. If he really WAS black, and not mixed, I would care a lot less. The people who raised him were his own flesh and blood. Those who raised me were not, and I just cant understand the ingratitude and callousness that would drive someone to disown (even if temporarily) the people who raised you to make yourself more attractive to certain voters. It is annoying when any candidate panders, but when the pandering includes turning on your own family, that bugs me even more. I have a lot of mixed friends, I grew up in Hawaii too where mixing of everything is very common, and nobody chooses one ethnicity over another. They list the whole mess. To do otherwise is to deny your self and your heritage.

I also have a strong, very strong, personal opinion that people should succeed or fail based on their character and merits, and honest ethical efforts. Alone. Not on their gender, their ethnicity, or the wealth of their parents. It is a personal opinion, and one can do with it what one will.

I also have a strong dislike of being lied to, which creates problems of course with all the candidates the MSM loves. People like Ron Paul, or like Dennis Kucinich or Ralph Nader who say things that are unpopular, but that reflect their actual principles and beliefs, (whether I completely agree with their platform or not) are the type of candidates that I could endorse.

The continual insistence that it is a "black thing" and refusing to like him as a candidate can ONLY mean that one is racist is ridiculous, and racist itself. A person who is NOT black cannot have a legitimate reason not to like Obama? Why isnt anyone claiming that the rejection of Hillary is a sexist thing? Sexism is as alive and well here in the USA as racism is, women got the right to vote last, not black males, and I dont see anyone claiming loudly that she is the victim of discrimination. And she really did catch a little hell that was pretty brazenly sexist, (especially from the right) where everyone is tip toe-ing around Obama. I think it is because, despite all that, we all know why she lost the nomination. She wasnt the right person for the job, (not that Obama and McCain are) and she lacked the charm that Bill Clinton had, that Obama has. If you have two bad candidates to choose from, odds are you are going to pick the smooth talking one. Simple as that.

If I could trust Obama, I would support him. What comes out of his mouth sounds pretty good, most of the time. But I dont trust him. Because of the way he treated his family early in the campaign. My opinion, my right to have have it, it isnt racist.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by soup_sandwich

Thats his problem he isnt winning. He gave me and all the others a big FU in the last month. Now that hes gotten the nomination, he isnt going to be doing much different than mccain. 16 months in Iraq?FISA? faith based programs? Increasing military spending. WTF man? Not to mention all that anti-white stuff to be found in his book making the rounds on youtube IN HIS OWN #IN VOICE. Ya one big FU to those of us who worked so hard for him.

Well im not a republican i dont just blindly vote my party line, so my FU to him is in November when I add to Ralph Naders 5-10% hes gonna get. Atleast Ralph is consistent and another 4 years of the same old when bring a 3rd party to dominance in 2012.

I can always trust Nader to look out for the little guy.

Obama's polling numbers are in a free fall, especially in the weekly AOL Straw Poll. Current result shows McCain leading Obama, 67% - 33% with 345,301 votes cast.
A lot of this is probably due to disaffected Obama supporters.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
If racism was really an issue, Obama would have never made it to the General Election. The only time race is an issue is when Obama makes it an issue. Typical white grandmother, black father from Kenya I believe, blacks need to take more responsibility, etc...

Let's see, He has been in politics for at least 11 years and only now has begun to say that blacks need to take more responsibility. Where was he when Bill Cosby got run out of town for saying the same thing? Why bring it out now?

Just because someone doesn't like Obama doesn't makes him or her a racist. He is another politician. In the end he will kneel before the guys who sponsored his campaign and they will tell him how to run the country.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

I challenge you to find anything that's black supremacist about hte Trinity church. Go ahead. Dare ya. I'm certain it will come as a shock to the church's large white congregation.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

I challenge you to find anything that's black supremacist about hte Trinity church. Go ahead. Dare ya. I'm certain it will come as a shock to the church's large white congregation.

Okay, I accept this challenge.... I'll also let you know how long it took me on google to find this information. Just to let you know, I already know of several blatantly racist remarks made by pastors from trinity church, I am just pulling up the actual quotes to appease you, since you believe there are none.
--------------------------------------
QUOTE 1 - first link clicked

This week, Obama had to distance himself from a guest preacher at Trinity, the Rev. Michael Pfleger, who last Sunday made comments that seemed to accuse Hillary Rodham Clinton of acting “entitled” because she is white.

... sure, that is a guest preacher... but that means that racism is just a "guest" in this church.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE 2 - 2nd link clicked .. 2 for 2... This is a larger quote

“We are a congregation which is unashamedly black and unapologetically Christian,” says the Trinity United Church of Christ’s website in Chicago. “We are an African people and remain true to our native land, the mother continent, the cradle of civilization.”

That’s just the beginning. The church has a “non-negotiable commitment to Africa,” according to its website, and its pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright, Jr. subscribes to what is called the Black Value System.

While the Black Value System includes such items as commitment to God, education, and self-discipline, it refers to “our racist competitive society” and includes the disavowal of the pursuit of “middle-classness” and a pledge of allegiance to “all black leadership who espouse and embrace the Black Value System.” It defines “middle-classness” as a way for American society to “snare” blacks rather than “killing them off directly” or “placing them in concentration camps,” just as the country structures “an economic environment that induces captive youth to fill the jails and prisons.”

No... none of this sounds racist at all.... never..... So were you talking about another church that is mainly white, because this one is devoutly black, as their pastor stated.
------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE 3 ---- 3 for 3 This one is a doozy

Here are their points, written by a committee back in 1981:

1. Commitment to God
2. Commitment to the Black Community
3. Commitment to the Black Family
4. Dedication to the Pursuit of Education
5. Dedication to the Pursuit of Excellence
6. Adherence to the Black Work Ethic
7. Commitment to Self-Discipline and Self-Respect
8. Disavowal of the Pursuit of “Middleclassness”
9. Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the Black Community
10. Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting Black Institutions
11. Pledge allegiance to all Black leadership who espouse and embrace the Black Value System
12. Personal commitment to embracement of the Black Value System.

7 out of 12 commitments are only towards Blacks. How non-racist.!

--------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE 4 -- I really don't have to even try to find these. This is the honorable.. obviously non-racist, lol, reverend Pfliger.

Words cannot describe the surreality of watching a middle-aged white man in a priest's collar appearing like he is trying to imitate Jeremiah Wright at his most outrageous.
[garbled] expose white entitlement. And supremacy, wherever it raises its head. I said before, I really don't want ot make this political, because you know I'm really very unpolitical.

------------------------------

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Ack. I cant speak for anyone else, but if I were in a "white" church and they started in with comments like that, I would know immediately I was somewhere I didnt want to be. If you substituted "white" for every one of those "black"s there would be no question in anyone's mind that was racism.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
These raceial arguments are tireing,besides all you have to do is listen to what obama is purposing now-a-days.I can't wait to hear what he has to say when he gets back from his trip.He has put himself in a "damned if you
do or damned if you don't"position on Iraq.
You know I questioned myself on if I was feeling racest or not after obama started with his "holy then thou" agenda but I remembered back when Colin Powel told Bush to shove it ,then there was rumor that Powel should run for prez,at least tell his wife said no way.At the time I thought if Mr Powel did run I would vote for him in a heart beat.He always impressed me as a man with real Honor and Integraty.So no I do not feel raceial towerds obama at all,he is just not the person for the job and every time he comes up with something like,Civilian security force,I know it.Yes I know that Powel has endorsed obama.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Battleline]

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Battleline]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybrseer
Few Americans are as conservative as I am. I decry the liberal mindset. I aspire to truth and exact vigilance to prove my conservative disposition, lest I become a pawn to others’ propaganda and lose my self determination.

And you sir, are the type of American voter others should aspire to emulate. I relate to exactly what you have said and have posted so on numerous occasions. I may not agree with Obama on much of what he proposes but I'll be damned if I don't abhor the blatant lies, weird assumptions, off color rumors and veiled bigotry being pedaled around lately and passed off as truth.

Here is the thing most don't seem to understand...when you challenge them on an outrageous claim, they whine about how coddled Obama is against criticism. I don't believe they know what criticism is.

I can easily criticize Obama on a number of issues I may have as to why I think he may not be the best choice (as well as McCain) but making up some speculative argument that is extremely alarmist and out of bounds is not anywhere near level-headed critique.
I welcome a critique of Obama that doesn't try to say he loves terrorists, sharia law, Hindu gods, gay men, crack coc aine, or anything else that no one can prove is fact. Calling a liar a liar is not attacking honest criticism nor is it coddling the subject of the lie.

Do they know the difference between criticism and bull-biscuits?

I don't believe they do.

Starred and flagged in hoping to raise the level of discussion.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeDeuce
QUOTE 1 - first link clicked

This week, Obama had to distance himself from a guest preacher at Trinity, the Rev. Michael Pfleger, who last Sunday made comments that seemed to accuse Hillary Rodham Clinton of acting “entitled” because she is white.

I saw that video. That guy was also white, and was really putting on a show. I thought it was so silly it was funny. I don't believe a church should inject politics into its sermon at any point and this guy was pretty flamboyant and over-the-top. He went a bit far.

This is the reason why I stay out of churches.

Bill Richardson (D), who endorsed Sen. Barack Obama on Friday despite his ties to the Clinton family, yesterday said that "the people around" Sen. Hillary Clinton "practice 'gutter' politics and that they feel entitled to the presidency... USnews.com

Thats from one of their closest (if not formerly) friends. As Hillary once bragged they even watched the Super bowl together. They practically made his career. I'd argue that he knows the Clinton's better than the preacher, you or I do.

Now if a former friend of the Clinton's says the people surrounding them feel she is "entitled" to the Presidency perhaps they DID feel entitled to the Presidency. I got the impression this was the case as well long before the Preacher or Richardson spoke up. I do think that Hillary felt this was her time and it was her spot. Obama just came as a surprise.

I also think the Clinton's believed that Hillary was entitled to the Presidency but not because she was white...it's because like most politicians with power and clout (and the Clinton's have much) they also have an ego the size of Texas.

If they designated this as "her time" then by golly it was her time.

What a shock to the system this must have been.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I read recently that 10% of American voters believe Obama is a Muslim. And this is after all the publicity about his religion and his church. So that means 10% of voters are willfully ignorant no matter what is said or done. It may not be worth the effort to try to reason with them.

I am heartily sick of reading threads about Obama and racism. I honestly think it's mostly us white people who make such a big deal out of the fact that it's a big deal. Yes, Obama is African American (or half African American as some seem to be insistent about). He has made a few statements that affirm his color but I really do not think he or Hillary Clinton have been playing the "race card," whatever that's supposed to mean. (People who use the term are usually implying that it's a method to trick people into voting for someone because they are afraid of being called racist).

There's no way to get around the fact that people are going to make a great to-do about race in this country. That's just where we are as a society. Hopefully some day we'll all get past it, but it's probably not going to happen in the next few months. Meanwhile, I think this is probably the last post I will write on the subject.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I am not offended by the pastors comments and in Europe people would probably welcome black unity. It's not racist, Obama is great and so is his pastor. I have read all the replies but I still don't think those pledges are racist. They are black and they feel they ought to pledge to help themselves, thats fine. It is the yank mind that is warped. They don't have an anti white agenda they just want to feel on an equal footing and to better themselves, whites don't bother so they do. That is admirable not racist. People that have a problem with that pastor ARE racist. That pastor doesn't shock me at all, he speaks the truth about America and he hopes for change, those that think he is racist are well...delusional. Besides I just checked he polls and Obama leads...so yes many racists....

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bubbles75

You said that so well! Many Americans can not get in the frame of mind to understand what it's like to be black in America today. I know. I used to be one. I learned a lot. I'm much more open-minded now.

You hit the nail on the head.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join