It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's seen in the Sea of Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   

UFO's seen in the Sea of Japan

antara.co.i

Earlier the cabinet, responding to an opposition lawmaker’s question, issued a statement saying it could not confirm any cases of unidentified flying objects.

“This is an issue that the nation is interested in — it is a defence issue and a confirmation operation needs to take place,” Ryuji Yamane, a lawmaker from the main opposition Democratic Party who submitted the question to the cabinet, told Reuters.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Please make sure to include a link to the source article, and also read this thread: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

[edit on 18/7/2008 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Yes, UFOs do exist, Japan’s top government spokesman said on Tuesday.

The comment by chief cabinet secretary Nobutaka Machimura drew laughter from reporters at his regular briefing on government policy.

Earlier the cabinet, responding to an opposition lawmaker’s question, issued a statement saying it could not confirm any cases of unidentified flying objects.

“This is an issue that the nation is interested in — it is a defence issue and a confirmation operation needs to take place,” Ryuji Yamane, a lawmaker from the main opposition Democratic Party who submitted the question to the cabinet, told Reuters.

“But the government does not even try to collect information necessary for the confirmation.”

Machimura, asked about the government’s view on UFOs at a regular press conference, told reporters that the government can only offer a stereotyped response.

“Personally, I definitely believe they exist,” he said, apparently tongue in cheek.

But the prime minister stuck to the official view.

“I have yet to confirm (that UFOs exist),” Prime Minister Yasuo Fukuda told reporters later in the day.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
sounds like the same rheoteric that spews from American lawmakers when it comes to UFO's, alot of nervous laughter and back pedaling. all politicians are the same.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
WEll it isn't much but its good enough is it?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Yeah well here it is im not sure if you can click on site www.japanprobe.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
sounds like the same rheoteric that spews from American lawmakers when it comes to UFO's, alot of nervous laughter and back pedaling. all politicians are the same.

Not at all, you couldn't even get Gordon Brown to say the word UFO, even if one landed on his house. I think the Japanese politicians are a lot more forward thinking than American or British, at least they are even giving these questions answers of a sort.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Don't forget that it's not very "sane" to believe in UFO's.

You can clearly see this by the reaction of the media, laughing at the guy for saying UFO's are real. The media has been severely conditioned to ridicule the whole subject. Speaking out like this in a high political position can have very negative results on ones career.

Same goes for military and commercial pilots.

Well if UFO's are just hallucinations then alot of military and commercial pilots flying today from all over the world should be banned from doing their job and arrested for '___' abuse during working hours.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I think you all need to change your terminology from "UFO" to "alien".

A UFO is an Unidentified Flying Object. Of course they exist, especially if you don't know what this flying object happens to be. Aliens are completely another matter...

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin
I think you all need to change your terminology from "UFO" to "alien".

A UFO is an Unidentified Flying Object. Of course they exist, especially if you don't know what this flying object happens to be. Aliens are completely another matter...

Well aliens are not completely another matter if you ask me. If according to you UFO's are certainly real, then how do you explain the objects that raced through our skies before we had aircraft ourselfes?

There are also very well documented cases that are older then 30 years, in which mysterious craft display performance unmatched by anything we have on earth today? I find it hard te believe that the craft in these cases are all secret government projects for many obvious reasons.

So in my opinion UFO's and aliens are definitely related in some cases.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This is fascinating. I am glad other countries are stepping up and saying.. yes there are ufos. Now, we just need to question why our government is covering it up.

I remember there being a country in Europe that is completely open about the existence of UFOs, and they have even set out a public campaign to prove their existence. Does this ring a bell with anyone? I have been dieing to remember the name of the country.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeDeuce
I remember there being a country in Europe that is completely open about the existence of UFOs, and they have even set out a public campaign to prove their existence. Does this ring a bell with anyone? I have been dieing to remember the name of the country.
Thanks

This would be France. They are more open about UFO's then any other major country in the world. Here is an article:

French Government Release UFO Files

The government of Belgium has also been very open in the past regarding UFO's. They fully cooperated with the media and researchers during "The Belgium UFO Wave" which happened around 1990.

I'm certainly glad I live nearby.

[edit on 18/7/08 by Fastwalker81]

top topics

join