It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violence erupts as Pakistan stocks drop

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

sorry bodrul youve lost me, nowhere in my posts did i say folk were rioting because of thier faith, i was most indignant to a post where someone called muslim folk violent animals.
i think that people in pakistan are angry, as this topic which is being debated, will effect their lives....people need to eat and if for economic reasons this is made hard then their lives will be hard. i for one feel very sorry for them, and i hope that we dont see this happening here.
m x

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by morganathefey

that wasnt targeted at you but the poster before you,

C.C.Benjamin think what you like, i am not going to try and explain things to you.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

See bodrul, that's the problem. I'm just giving you examples of how Muslims act across the world, and have throughout history. I'm not saying Christians were any different, but at least they have matured past the blood-lusting stages.

But suddenly you get all closed-up because you don't have a counter argument, but don't want to accept that your beloved religion may be fundamentally wrong.

I really do feel for the Westernised (or Moderate) Muslims, I really do. You just can't win!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

i have been on ATS close to four years
and have had to repeat the same thing over and over

i just dont want to repeat my self
you dont like Islam fine by me
you dont want to learn about Islam fine by me

i have decided to keep away from all topics (and topics that turn into) Islam bashing or blame everything on Islam.

so there you go.

i give my leave to this topic and all future religoius related topics.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I would like to express my deep disapointment.

A thread that is highlighting, not the violent acts of desperate people that belong to a particular faith, but rather the steep economic downfall of a developing country.. a Nation that has lost 36%+ of it's entire economic value in a very short time frame...

And all you people can do is bitch about who offended Muslims and who said what ignorant comment?

Seriously. This highlights the intelligence level of Abovetopsecret.com.

Pretty effin sad.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Yep, When it comes to the religious and political mindset of most ATS'ers they are decidely as narrow minded about this as they are open minded about UFOs aliens etc.

As you said..
It is Sad

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
May I remind you all this thread is about the market crash; not about religion, Remain on topic.

Thank you
gallopinghordes
forum mod

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
So, anyways, which sectors fell?

Energy? Nuclear stocks? (little joke)lol

Really, though....if the stockmarkets fell 36 persent in Pakistan and I was living in Pakistan I would be pissed too.

I believe in peace though. So I would hope for Ghandi style peaceful protests.

Are other stock markets falling around this world now?

The ones I know of are Viet Nam, Singapore...thats about it...oh and I think I read that the Russians have had a tough year until the other day when they sighned that deal with Iran.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join