It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Net Launchers: The ideal "UFO Catcher"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
After numerous sightings of UFO's and the Governments attempts to capture some for research purposes. I started to think about manufacturing a Netgun/Net Launcher scaled up to catch a large flying object. It may be in the form of an AA Artillery Gun/CIWS, better mounted on an Airborne platform like the AC-130 Spectre. Maybe a net launching Air-to-Air missile fired from a fighter plane or even from a shoulder mounted FIM-92 Stinger launcher(Hey!, Area 51 guards would love this!).

If it would work, It would help bring down the "UFO" in a less damaged condition enabling it to be examined. Or it may have a purpose in the field of Law Enforcement(Stolen aircraft/Hijack situations etc).

Below is the Animal/Riot control variant

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Cutaway]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
If I was hunting say an ALIEN or A BIGFOOT..this would be a choice weapon for a non lethal capture...perhaps even a TASER component to SHOCK the target as well. Judging by the lack of response to your thread..people are not quite taking your thought seriously. Your idea will languish like my idea for solar powered life preservers and life rafts on the trash heap of history! Better luck next time for both of us!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Cutaway

So, you think we can shoot at something we can't even get a good picture of?
On top of the fact that if they are actually real, then we don't know their propusion system, speed capability, composition.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The mere suggestion of trying to catch something extraterrestial with such a crude device would be provoking such beings to engage in something of a battle. Any attempts you try to catch a being of other worlds will probably fail as they can materialize and dematerialize from what others have encountered on this board. Whether its true or not for this ability of theirs, I most surely agree with the fact that all of your moves to capture them would already be picked up their heightened senses.

PG

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
OP, if you were actually thinking of capturing flying objects via such device then I think this is a very illogical idea. The speeds of these objects would sheer through any such device....my first reply was based on you trying to capture beings on the ground but flying object..tisk tisk tisk.

top topics

join