It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressional Hearing To Examine 'Bush Imperial Presidency'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
If the man gave his word, he ought to keep it.

A man who doesn't have his word doesn't have much of anything.

Sometimes it hurts, to have to keep silent, sometimes it feels downright treasonous (as I suspect it does in his case), but that doesn't change a thing. If he was sworn to secrecy, he needs to abide by that oath, or he's lost any credibility he might have had.

I'd love nothing more than to see this administration crucified for war crimes, abuse of authority, and treason (for selling out their country to the contractors they are/were in bed with), but I doubt it will happen.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
The USA is TOTALLY screwed. Face it. We the People allowed this to happen. While the very small numbers knew what was happening, the mind control experiment just kept on going. It was a total success. Now we are in the thick of it, OH WELL.

Do not expect this country to come out the same way it went in, the America everyone knew is GONE, GONE, GONE. It's time to move on. Perhaps we can all make it a better place, the world a better place even. We are all globalized now, you can't stop it. It's time to look ahead, but just perhaps within all of this chaos we can all make things better. It just takes a little time, a little effort, a lot of communication. What's the point to all of this? Yes it is OT and all, but it is up to us now, it is all in the commoners hands to change the world as we see fit. After all everyone now knows how incompetent the world leaders are (OK 80% knows, certainly in 2/3rds realm ).

So consider this the war cry, the calling, however you wish to say it. This IS the wake up call to the whole world. Decide very carefully how you want your world to be. ALL of our futures depend on the desicions we make today.

Choose very wisely everyone. Your grandchildrens' lives depend on it.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Did he not also give his word to uphold the Constitution?

Which of his promises is more important, the one he made to the people who he represents and serves, or the one he made to some treasonous leaders who are working to subjugate the people he represents and serves?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

Indeed he did. And this is what makes the past several years the most sickening and disheartening this nation has ever seen. The fact that EVERY ONE of these people took up sworn oaths to protect and uphold the constitution, and they have done EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE-They have ENABLED these criminals to keep violating it at will, and thus become co-conspirators in these violations and criminality.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
It could well be George Halloway - hwoever this would be simply boring. I would suggest it is more than likely a former member from the coalition of the willing - Australia has repeatedly said, even under howard, that even if we were lied to about the reasons for war we would stay the course.

With the recent talks with China Australia is looking to sure up its regional partners along with its primary trading partners - Asia, and China. This would place us in a strong position to maintain our relationship with America, create a stronger world stance (by standing up AGAINST Bush on behalf of ASEAN nations).

I would not be surprised at all if this nation was Spain, or Australia. (Spain are particularly upset).

Either way Republicans will attempt to impeach any Democrat president as they care first class aholes who really dont care about anything but getting their own way - no matter the cost. Democrats are a lot more considered and will way up the implications for America, not just the benefits for themselves, of impeaching the president of their country.

It is a never ending source of amusement the rift between left and right - its simply, left are those who care about others, right care only for themselves.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This is underway today. The room is said to be "full capacity"...None other than Vincent Bulgliosi is one of the witnesses testifying! This could get interesting!!

'Imperial Presidency' Hearing to Feature 13 Witnesses

Testifying Friday morning will be Rep. Dennis Kucinich, who has introduced several resolutions calling for President Bush's and Vice President Dick Cheney's impeachment; former Rep. Bob Barr, the Libertarian presidential candidate who led the charge to impeach Bill Clinton in 1998; Vincent Bugliosi, author of the just-released book The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder; and 10 other current and former members of Congress, constitutional experts and human rights activists.

Full Article:

rawstory.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the update, DD! (can I call you DD?
) I've said it before and I'll say it again: Ooooooooo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join