It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will oil decide who wins the War on Terror?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The Muslim world controls vast amounts of oil, and I wonder if they are not behind the sky high prices as a deliberate ploy to weaken us in our war against terror. Not only weaken us but the entire Western world.

Our War on Terror to this point is about attacking and invading predominately Muslim countries, if the Muslim world fought back in a covert way wouldn’t using oil as a economic weapon make since?

LDF

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
One attack against us on 9/11 caused a mini recession in the US among many other things.

The price of oil has had a direct affect on the current recession we are going through and there is talk of this becoming a depression. Our whole economy seems to be slowly crumbling like a domino effect.

Could the Bush's failed foreign policy, plus a conspiracy within Muslims countries to push the cost of oil higher lead us to where we are today?

Europe is also in decline

The eurozone is tipping into a deeper downturn than America itself despite the tremors in the US mortgage industry, and may already be in full recession for the first time since the launch of the single currency.

Industrial production for the EMU bloc fell 1.9pc in May, according to fresh Eurostat data. It is the sharpest one-month decline for the region since the exchange rate crisis in 1992. Officials in Berlin have warned that Germany's economy could contract by as much as 1.5pc in the second quarter as export orders crumble.
European recession looms as Spain crumbles

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Hmmm...

I was under the impression we were only in these countries "for the oil"...are we not?

I thought I kept hearing about how the only reason Bush and his "oil buddies" declared war was to seize and steal their oil...is that not true?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Hmmm...

I was under the impression we were only in these countries "for the oil"...are we not?

I thought I kept hearing about how the only reason Bush and his "oil buddies" declared war was to seize and steal their oil...is that not true?

I agree with your statement that the war in Iraq was about controlling there oil.

However they did not foresee the insurgency being such a factor after Sadams removal. They didn't factor in the disruption of oil from Iraq, basically Iraq is one of the worst foreign policy blunders in the history of the US.

If you recall Iraq's oil was going to pay for this war, but has this been the reality? No our taxes and continued national debt is what has financed this whole mess.

6/20/2008 BASRA, Iraq — In the oil-rich deserts of southern Iraq, a rusted pipeline snakes through piles of burning garbage, lakes of raw sewage and slums controlled by hostile militias.

Mundal Mayali, a local councilman, points to the pipeline and sighs. If oil infrastructure like this were modernized and the country's vast untapped reserves of crude explored, then this port city of Basra — and indeed much of Iraq — would flourish, he says.
Hope arises for Iraqi oil production

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Someday Iraq's oil production will meet prewar conditions, but not today.

But my point isn't based on Iraq or even Afghanistan, but the rest of OPEC who now has member states talking about a decrease in oil production.

Is this a plot to further weaken us in this global war on terror?

Since this war on terror has begun our dollar is weaker or gdp is falling our debt has grown with every new war spending package.

ARE we Losing this war? Are OPEC members countries contributing to this?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I apologize.

Apparently I didn't lay the sarcasm on thick enough.

Seriously though, as much as some people would like, this war doesn't have nearly as much to do with oil as they would like.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
No, Oil will NOT decide who wins the War on Terror.

The war on terror is an artificial war. It is really the dramatization of a religious war that has been going on for centuries. They use to call the Muslims "pirates", but now they are called "terrorists".

If we have learned one thing from history, is that you can never stop a religious war, there will always be the differences in ideology, and bitter hated by certain religious sects.

Even if we nuked Iraq, and killed all of the terrorists there (along with all of the civilians) terrorists would spring from other countries in a continuous flood.

Yet, as time increases, the global demand for oil increases. I read that the demand is increasing by one million barrels a day. Yet the U.S.'s production has dropped from 10 million barrels a day at its peak production to approximately 5 million a day now. And we ask other countries to increase their production.

This is the classic case of "Not in My Backyard" and it is sickening......

No, terrorism will never stop, and even if we controlled 100% of the oil in the world, we can not stem the flow of terror. I believe that controlling more oil would increase terrorism.

new topics

top topics

join