It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we doubt the Ancients?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Just why do we doubt the capabilities that our ancient ancestors have possessed. There are documents and depictions of technology used by the ancients that we use today and some we doubt to have ever worked. The Nazis researched ancient ruins especially out of India and Egypt to advance their own knowledge of science. The Nazi group had revolutionary designs for a variety of machinery some we might never know about because it is classified by the liberating nations for their own projects, but I believe ancient text and documents led to their revolutionary ideas.

If depictions of Sumerian drawing show a our planetary system containing certain planets, why do we doubt their existence. What technology did they have to come to such a conclusion?

I believe that in general the entire human population in civilized nations is more aware to the type of technology that exist and is more mainstream. We all believe that we ourselves are more intelligent than our ancient ancestors. This I believe is true but in the ancient times technology was not shared amongst its general population but was confined to only the priests and royalty.

We are at a constant fight that our current science and technology is more advance than what persisted before thousands of years ago but why do we believe this to be so?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

One word: illuminati

To control the cattle we have become, you must make the cattle THINK they are happy and content with their own history. He who controls history aka "He who controls the past, controls the future."_George Orwell.

As long as people like you and me question that history, and research for ourselves, with the help of true historians, that secret will remain uncovered. Talk about that history to anyone that wants to listen.

Love

Z

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
its pretty easy to dismiss there technology.. because ours is so much better.... look at the facts.. they thought the world was flat.. they were still trying to figure out uses for the wheel.. they thought the sun circled the earth... and they worshipped stone statues.. and sacrificed humans for there gods.. there Idea of entertainment,, was to throw a slave in the middle of an arena.. and watch the lions eat him.. or her.. sure they built big structures,,, with thousands and thousands of slaves... and took years..and years to accomplish. Look at the pyramyd we built out in vegas... we did it in a year or so.. and there are over a thousand hotel rooms alone .. and the plumbing.. electrical.. flooring.. etc.etc..etc.. lets go back in time.. and compete.. it would be like tiger woods having a match against a 3 yr old..

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Languages...... if we do not understand, we do not hear. The ancients founded the pillars of our society. The Greeks gave us the first vestiges of democracy, the Judaics pioneered the end of human sacrifice.
We should always learn from the past, but institutions stand in the way. Catholicism is based on Roman law which gives women and children no rights. Christianity had men and women freely following before Rome took control. Then everybody had to. Point being, they destroyed Greek work, their schools, and ripped a female Pope apart in public as she was giving birth (Pope Joan), and they lie about all of this.

Ramble aside, do not look for guidance on these things, find your own way.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
What I always find interesting is that most "professionals" think that our ancestors did all of the great stuff they did with crap tools and little knowledge and yet still say, it would be tough for us to accomplish what they did... what?

So, you're telling me that the Egyptians cut granite with copper tools when all geologists and metalurgists deny they couldv'e ever done. But they were simple and their tools were simple so that's just how they did it.

I was watching a discovery channel (or one of those types) about the Egyptions using water and sand and a copper rod or some such to cut through granite stones. Does it sound plausible? Yes, but then you have to listen to them finish their thought. It would've take about 15 days to cut through the stone one time and yet all sides were cut clean on thousands and thousands of stones... and some of the stones were shaped... with sand and leather?

no, the establishment doesn't think the ancients were stupid, they think we are.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I am not speaking of religion aspect because I believe religion was introduced to allow for uniformity between groups so that commonality of interests could be established and wars waged.

Technology on the other such as the poster above me mentioned about Egyptians are still not duplicated, or the inscriptions found around the world on ancients sites just looked at as ritual visions of trance like state via medicinal use. Why is that so?

If we believe now that extraterrestrials only will introduce themselves after we have attained a certain level of technological advance then the many inscribed engravings found on temples across the world from ancient civilizations attain that these civilizations had reached technological advance for contact that we today still battle to achieve.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Good posts,

I think we need to look into the area that's labled myth as well when it comes to the ancients describing future technology.

Why do we call all of these things myths? Why do we say all of these stories were made up?

How else would the ancients describe advanced technology?

They would describe it in the language of the day, which was myth, magic and mystery.

They would describe these things like they are giving a dissertation for a Ph.D. in Theoretical Physics.

Here's some examples:

When morning dawned, Rama, taking the Celestial Car Puspaka had sent to him by Vivpishand, stood ready to depart. Self-propelled was that car. It was large and finely painted. It had two stories and many chambers with windows, and was draped with flags and banners. It gave forth a melodious sound as it coursed along its airy way. (Ramayana)

The Puspaka Car, that resembles the sun and belongs to my brother, was brought by the powerful Ravan; that aerial and excellent car, going everywhere at will, is ready for thee. That car, resembling a bright cloud in the sky, is in the city of Lanka. (Ramayana)

Beholding the car coming by force of will Rama attained to an excess of astonishment. And the king got in, and the excellent car, at the command of Raghira, rose up into the higher atmosphere. And in that car, coursing at will, Rama greatly delighted. (Ramayana)

When the Daityas were being slaughtered they again took to their vimana and, employing the Danava science, flew up into the sky . . . I (Arjuna) assaulted their vimana . . . Wounded by the flight of deadly-accurate iron missiles, the Asura vimana fell broken to the earth . . . Matali swiftly descended earthward, as in a steep dive, on our divinely effulgent car. (Mahabharata)

www.atlantisquest.com...

You would hear about flying chariots or Clouds that hover and take people up into the Cloud.

The Bible talks about Locusts with breastplates of Iron whose wings make loud noises.

There are no locust with breastplates of iron, I think these are helicopters. The ancients wouldn't come out and say helicopters.

Today we have material that could make an object invisible. Once we can make it safe for humans to where, we might have invisible soldiers on a battlefield.

There called metamaterials.
www.naturalhistorymag.com...://www.naturalhistorymag.com/0408/0408_feature.html

The ancients might have described like this.

The people were gathered around and Baka, who came from the sky walked between us. He had on a shiny suit made up of special material. He said a few words and then his magic suit made him disappear in front of our eyes.

The ancients would describe it as a magical suit, we would describe it in the language of physics.

Who labels these stories as myths? I don't think all of them are myths and we are the generation that can tell what the ancients were trying to describe.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Pretty odd you mentioned the Nazi, i watched a show on the Nazi's underground tunnel work that made up 10 miles undergound. Really fascinating i found. 1/4 of the tunnelwork was caved in, upposedly intentionally to possibly hide something. The possibilities are seemingly endless, Hitler's doomsday device, advanced Tech, etc. Unfortunately the mountain it was built under is forcing so much pressure on it that it could completely cave in by the years end or sooner. Did anyone else catch this program the other night on the History channel, or ever, that knows what i'm talking about?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by philjwolf

I think you missed the point he was talking about.
Old Sumerian wall/cave paintings show that not only did they know planets rotate around the sun, but they carved the exact positions of where each planet would be in alignment with each other, including a 10th planet after Pluto which is said to be planet x.
How could they have possibly known this in 5300 B.C?
The modern world didn't discover Pluto till 1930.
They show paintings/carvings of space crafts with grays and reptilians.

In some other place I can't remember around ancient Sumer someone invented a battery and hid it under the earth. It was discovered just a few years ago.
Tons of other technology we have today, we see it in ancient texts, paintings and carvings. Most of which have been stolen or destroyed by the Illuminati.
All over Africa had similar traces of higher technology but that is where Illuminati first went to destroy old rich history.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Because they did not live like us. I mean why even listen to them at all? I have my shiny iPod, my PS3, XBOX 360, and my big flat screen TV. [sarcasm]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Yes, he is really "uninformed"

here is something to watch about this same subject, one of the best shows I have seen and I actually first saw it when I was 14. 10 years ago and it flipped my view of the world.

www.youtube.com... part 1
www.youtube.com... part 2
www.youtube.com... part 3
www.youtube.com... part 4
www.youtube.com... part 5

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by buds84
Yes, he is really "uninformed"

here is something to watch about this same subject, one of the best shows I have seen and I actually first saw it when I was 14. 10 years ago and it flipped my view of the world.

www.youtube.com... part 1
www.youtube.com... part 2
www.youtube.com... part 3
www.youtube.com... part 4
www.youtube.com... part 5

Who is "uninformed"?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

philjwolf's post.
nothing against him, because had I not researched conspiracy's I would be just as ignorant.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Ah, I see..no worries, but I think he was just being sarcastic in agreement to the posts. Ancient engineers and scientists truly had a better grasp on the universe and its understanding. Present day scientists are still making some progress but if we had more ancient ruins to study we could pick up where they left off.

For all we know from the marking depicted on various ancient sites, ancient man has already crossed the Van Allen belt and has explored our galaxy.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

The thing is, in today's world we the smartest and best scientists work for the Illuminati. Any discovery of any new technology, history, planets, anything at all! would not be told to the public for years and maybe never.

The US military has technology supposedly 50 years in the future.
The only reason we have personal computers and stuff for the public is because they carefully chose slowly what technology is let out to the public.

They wouldn't want to release any techno gadget that could be reverse engineered by civilians.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Personally, I think of the idea of "dumb" ancients as being more of a enduring public myth, not saying that they were on par with us today, but in a lot of ways, they were industrialized without electricity.
Hanslune or Byrd may get in here eventually, but for the most part there were some really amazing machines and devices in the ancient world, even if it never exactly got to the point of electrical devices, it's possilbe to see, in some instances, where they a,most but not quite got the discovery.
You should look at some of the tools that Hippocrates used, and designed, or some of the measuring devices and equipment the Romans used to measure and line up their roads. Pretty interesting to me, especailly when the History channel or something makes a special about it.
Which also, to me, makes it less of a conspiracy and more general laziness on people's parts to educate themselves.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I am not referring to roman times or Hippocrates time....something further in time of ancient civilizations. Their engraved knowledge about the solar system and the stars is still unrivaled today.

We as a society are more aware of technological advancement because we live in a capitalistic world which wants us to buy technology and what ever improvements they make to them every day.

In the ancient ancient times I believe the knowledge of higher science was not mainstream as it is presently for us but was limited to only the priests and royalty.

We consider ourselves technologically advanced because we carry around Iphones.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Here is one that we still have deduced as to what the function of this artifact might be.

Article Link

This is thought of to be a computer of some sort but just if this is true then the technological advances that the ancient possessed shouldn't be doubted. The imagery engraved in stones should not be taken mistaken for vivid dreaming that they captured. Some of these engraving depict manned flying vehicles which should serve as proof that the ancients did think clearly and depicted scientific achievements.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

i think alot of it also not understanding completely what they were getting across

there could be so much crypticism that you dont know what they really meant by it, unless someone from that time were still alive or that knowledge was passed correctly and handed down

remember the game telephone? i rest my case

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
1 thing make's me doubt......

they was so dumb they wiped there butt's with leaf's..

they supposedly had all this knowledge...lol and couldn't make indoor pluming or toilet paper.

think about it

<<   2  3 >>

join