It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GARY WEBB

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I am curious how he is connected to Iran Contra Gate? Don't really have time to do the research myself, involved in a bit of a situation right now, where this information may be relevant. Your help is greatly appreciated.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Check this out, if you haven't already seen it. Should point you in the right direction.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
You might also want to read the book Dark Alliance.

Gary Webb ran a huge front page article in the San Jose Mercury News in 1996 exposing the connections between the CIA, the Contras of Central America, the Drug Cartels in Central/South America, and the street level king-pins of the coc aine/crack explosion experienced in California in the 80's.

After the Mercury ran his articles on the front page as a 3-part series, they promptly backed away from any type of support to the article and to Gary Webb.

Gary Webb was found with TWO gunshot wounds to the BACK of his head in 2004. It was labeled a suicide.

On a personal note, I'm from San Jose and when the article was run, I used it to do a "Current Events" report in school. Less than halfway through the presentation my instructor interrupted me and told me to sit down, giving me a failing grade.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by kawz1]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kawz1

" I used it to do a "Current Events" report in school. Less than halfway through the presentation my instructor interrupted me and told me to sit down, giving me a failing grade. "

Thanks for posting that.

I think it is just another of many many examples that shows, how the deck is truly stacked, and that the enemy does not like truth spoken, but rather favors a hidden in plain sight agenda of suppressing it, and unless you are aware of it, you could be looking right at it and not see a thing!..

I'm wondering, how many classmates ever commented to you about it, or to others thru the grapevine?

[edit on 17-7-2008 by toasted]

[edit on 17-7-2008 by toasted]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by prolificobsenitees

The sad thing is that the "spurious" allegations he made regarding the DoJ's complicity in willingness to turn a blind eye were what ruined his reputation, resulting in his career falling apart, his marriage falling apart, and his suicide. Later, the DoJ's Inspector General confirmed the truth of Webb's claims.

I didn't know he was shot in the back of the head. Are you sure of this? I read that it was a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, but it was a "double-tap". Anyone who has handled a sidearm knows that a double-tap isn't so exotic and rare as to be deemed improbable.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
-Unfortunately, none of my classmates seemed to be interested in the story either. I went to an upper middle class high school where the majority of the students believed everything they were told to believe. Added to the fact that most high school students are more concerned about Friday night than potential conspiracies within the government, I'm sure no one discussed the article at a later time.

-Yes, double-taps are standard practice for many who use firearms. I question how common it is in suicides. Would that even be possible? Sure, the finger might be able to pull the trigger twice, but I assume that the second shot would most likely be very skewed from the target (head). There are varying accounts as to the location of the shots, but there were definitely two shots.

There have also been a number of accounts from witnesses who spoke with Webb in the time prior to his death stating that Webb was being scoped out by "government people". Webb was also working on a new article/book, further detailing the CIA's involvement in drug trafficking.

Obviously I cannot say for certain what the truth of the matter is, but Gary Webb's story has all of the signs of something much deeper than a misinformed journalist that lost it and gave himself two to the dome.

Take it for what it's worth...

top topics

join