It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to establish presence in Tehran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   

US to establish presence in Tehran

www.msnbc.msn.com

LONDON - The United States will announce in the next month that it plans to establish a diplomatic presence in Tehran for the first time in 30 years, a British newspaper said Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Seems like good news. Maybe these kids have shaken hands and worked out some way not to start world war 3.

I'm getting a little tired of the mixed messages sent by these two countries whats a conspiracy theorist to think!

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
A diplomatic presence? Just like my avatar?

Iran has the US by the balls (oil and threat of the euro), and we are giving in.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Haha LOVE the avatar! Yeah it would seem that way... God knows wats going on now. I think that now the US has secured most of the oil contracts in Iraq it can ease up on Iran. It will put a political presence there to keep and eye on the country and for now will leave them alone.

Isreal though... theres another story.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ka0s69
Maybe these kids have shaken hands and worked out some way not to start world war 3.

We have an embassy in Venezuela. We see how much that means.

Establishing a building that won't be used and subsequently destroyed in the war is hardly a sign of good things to come.

Perhaps if the criminals in the Carter Administration, most notably Zbigniew Brzezinski and his Trilateral Commission/CFR cronies weren't so hell bent on driving a divide between Iran and the United States after the Shah was overthrown, none of this would even be happening.

Hell, maybe if we stayed in our own country and didn't stage a coup against a government committed to democracy, which we allegedly are attempting to spread around the world, to put the Shah back in power in the first place, none of this would even be happening.

We Americans tend to have short memories and attention spans for historical facts when trying to justify war. Its much easier to write Iran off as evil.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
maybe they should have accepted that the shah was voted out in 1953 and wored with the new government instead of launching operation ajax removing the deomcratically elected government and starting down the road that 26 years later was the take over by the theocracy.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Fact 1. Israel will never let Iran get nuclear weapons.

Fact 2. The USA will defend Israel.

Refer to those facts when you think we arent going after Iran.
Thats it period. I cant blame Israel because I can see Iran nuking them.
But I dont personally like Israel so I dont really care.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Yeah fair comment. I think unless Iran stops or says it will stop then Isreal will let them have it. I said before USA might back off but Isreal wont and that means Bush an Co have got thier reason to push the button.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ka0s69

A 'presence' no doubt means covert, not much good can come from this. If it is strictly diplomatic, I would be surprised.

This government wants to overthrow Ahmadinejad's regime as much as we did the Shah's predecessor. When will people see that?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Memysabu
I cant blame Israel because I can see Iran nuking them.

Fact 1. Israel has nukes

Fact 2. The United States has nukes

Fact 3. The United Kingdom has nukes

I can't blame Iran...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Iran has the US by the balls (oil and threat of the euro), and we are giving in.

Well you can look at it that way but the fact remains that they are a threat to Isreal which means they are a threat to the US and they are playing hard ball in our court if your talking nukes.

We can take out Tehran with out a threat to US soil Isreal may get hit though.

As far as a "presence" I can see both sides of that coin, Both good and bad, the good side is we can get quick info and communications if available
from both sides in a crises, the bad or down side is that all kinds of espionage and cultural covert actions to over throw their government could and may take place which mean we would be back to square one

sigh

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

I agree. This move reeks of CIA. Not to mention that it might be prudent to have an actual person in Tehran to negotiate the fine points of the start of WWIII. Reminds my of the British in Berlin the last time around.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ka0s69

Seems like good news. Maybe these kids have shaken hands and worked out some way not to start world war 3.

They were never going to start WW3. Because like WW2 (Germany), the States weren't involved immediately. Both sides are good for one thing; talking big for the media to have something to report to their own people to show that the country is high and mighty, that goes for US and Iran, it's a show.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

A show indeed. The US can say "see, we tried to reach out to Iran. The political option didn't work." Talk about 11th hour antics.

[edit on 7/17/0808 by jackinthebox]

top topics

join