It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jackson Does it Again: Uses N-Word in Off-Air Remarks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

CHICAGO - The Rev. Jesse Jackson used an emotionally charged racial slur during a break in a TV interview in which he criticized presidential candidate Barack Obama, Fox News confirmed Wednesday.

The longtime civil rights leader already came under fire this month for crude off-air comments he made against Obama in what he thought was a private conversation during a taping of a "Fox & Friends" news show. In those comments, he contended that Obama wasn't speaking to issues important to the black community and unaware that his microphone was still on, he said, "I want to cut his
off."

In additional comments from that same conversation, first reported by TVNewser, the African-American leader is reported to have said Obama was "talking down to black people," and referred to blacks with a slur commonly referred to as the N-word when he said Obama was telling them "how to behave."

link
Obama's popularity must really be eating him up.
Or maybe it's because hh knows his days are numbered as America's Poverty Pimp.
Don't be surprised if he suffers from a nervous breakdown very shortly.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Many political pundits are predicting that this will help Obama with working class white voters. I think that's very possible.

Jesse Jackson needs to shut up, though. He's doing more harm to his community than good.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by evanmontegarde

That has always been the case with JJ.
I'm sure he knows what he is doing.
If McCain wins you can bet Jesse will be the first to say "I told you so"

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This story just keeps getting uglier for Jackson. :shk:

What Else Jackson Said

At the time, host Bill O’Reilly told viewers the network had decided to air only portions of what Jackson had said, adding there was "more damaging" material, too.
O’Reilly said he had withheld the “n-word” remark because, “I’m not in the business of creating some kind of controversy that’s not relevant to the general subject

Yeah, riiight, O'really
What a ditz!

As for how the “n-word” comment eventually got out, O’Reilly told Smith that “some weasel leaked it to the Internet.”

Some weasel named Bill?

What's funny about this is that Jackson not only called for a boycott of Seinfeld's DVD after Michael Richards' freak out, he called for a ban on the word itself! His latest "apology" can be seen HERE.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
A tempest in a teapot. The N-word doesn't offend black people unless white people use it. I was around a group of black people yesterday and they had no problem calling each other the N-word all throughout their conversation. They call each other that, call other people that, and don't think twice about it's use.

Jesse Jackson gets a free pass on this one. At least in the black community.

NAACP - National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
UNCF - United Negro College Fund

Try calling black people "colored people" or "negros" and see what kind of result you get. Still, it's just fine for internal use.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by dbates]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Great points.
I wonder if Obama has any plans of "CHANGING" these acronyms.

...NAH!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I never got all the fuss about Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton with his coc aine deals that was caught by the fbi under surveillance.They seem to be the only two people who come to the aid of someone when they think they are in trouble.But seem to share the EXACT same limelight for trouble.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
This really isn't new phenomena for Jackson, just a new example of how far his foot is jammed down his throat. It wouldn't really be a problem if he didn't like hearing himself talk so much. Same with Sharpton. Both of them need to keep their mouths shut from here on out.
DocMoreau

en.wikipedia.org...

Remarks about Jews
Jackson has been criticized for some of the remarks he has made about Jews and Jewish issues. Most infamously, Jackson referred to Jews as "Hymies" and to New York City as "Hymietown" in January 1984 during a conversation with Washington Post reporter Milton Coleman. Jackson at first denied the remarks, then accused Jews of conspiring to defeat him. When he finally did acknowledge that it was wrong to use the term, he said he did so in private to a reporter.[32] Finally, Jackson apologized during a speech before national Jewish leaders in a Manchester, New Hampshire synagogue, but continuing suspicions have led to an enduring split between Jackson and many Jews.[32]
Among Jackson's other remarks were that Richard Nixon was less attentive to poverty in the U.S. because "four out of five [of Nixon's top advisors] are German Jews and their priorities are on Europe and Asia"; that he was "sick and tired of hearing about the Holocaust"; and that there are "very few Jewish reporters that have the capacity to be objective about Arab affairs". Jackson has since apologized and was invited to speak in support of Al Gore and Joe Lieberman at the 2000 Democratic National Convention

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
reply to post by dbates

Great points.
I wonder if Obama has any plans of "CHANGING" these acronyms.

...NAH!

sure he does.

Lets change NAACP to GOYAADS (get off your *snip* and do something)

Presidential contender Barack Obama addressed the annual gathering of the NAACP last night, echoing his call for more responsibility and accountability in black America.

Said Obama during his speech: "It doesn't matter how many government programs we launch; none of it will make any difference if we don't seize more responsibility in our own lives.

Source

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Bill Cosby has been saying that for years.
Maybe now that Barry O is saying it, something will finally come out of it.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ive been wondering why JJ is hating on BHO.

I would have thought that JJ would be doing the Obama-GooseStep, like just about everyone else...

Why the Hate(well, black on black hate)...

Then it hit me.

Jesse Jackson is mad at BHO, because BHO is succeding where JJ failed. BHO is doing fairly great in his political Run, something JJ didnt do.

Thier pre-political years are similar. With JJ having being the more succseful 'Comunity orginizer', but now BHO has taken off with the public, and that is leavin gthe Rev. JJ mad...

I think there is a chance we are moving towards a Revenad Brawl... Jesse jackson vs Al Sharpton.... The Battle of the Race Baiters... winner is BHO's VP...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Dude, kinds sounds like you are saying all blacks are lazy with your acronym change. I don't think you intended this but if you did I don't think that is the case. Obama voiced his opinion and I applaud him for it. However, I do find it fishy that he has been in politics for all these years and is just now saying this. He could have at least spoken out when Bill Cosby said the same thing. Don't you agree?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Yes, that's a big part of it. Jesse may be Black but he is even more Green with envy over Obama's popularity. He can't understand it and it just keeps eating him up. Coupled with the fact that Jackson has been preaching that White Man is keeping the Black Man down.
His belief is pretty much that as long as Whitie is around, Blacks will never get a fair share.
Well if Obama gets elected it will prove the complete opposite and as a result he will be out of a job as America's number one Poverty Pimp.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Is it just me, or are the only people keeping racism going the blacks? I live in a state that was once a confederate state and I dont know of ANYONE who brings up racist issues but the BLACK people. I am sick of double standards and these people not realizing that thier cause succeeded! now they have an iron grip on most major radio, television and popular teen idols! WHO IS RACIST?!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MockedUnicorn

It is just you.

Why would those who support the status quo of racism saying anything to change it.

Sorry there are still many, many racists out there, it is just not 'politically correct' to say anything anymore. So instead of outward acts of racism, the racists 'stay in the closet' with their feelings.

Try doing a google news search for racism. One example:
White, black groups clash at Jena, La., protests

DocMoreau

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
That's right, because a buddy of mine who happens to be Black once told me that Black people can't be racists.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Oh no he d'int...or I mean did he?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I think it is true that the White Supremicists have been overtaken in American by other 'racial' groups.

The last outright (white) racist i knew was in high school. Deathmetal Dave. Hated EVERYONE. Black, Jew or Cuban, he hated them. He was one intresting, sick-twisted charecter. That was where i used to live.

Here in California, the only outright Raceests here are mostly Mexicans. Members of 'La Raza'. I am going to assume you people know about this group, what it means and what it stands for. La Raza is the largest OUTRIGHT racest group i have seen in my life.

Other racest people i have met here are the Chiniese Nationals groups. These groups just dont like whitey. And dislike half-breeds(asain/american) even more. Ive got about 10 of them living in a 4-bedroom apartment above me. Or the teachers in my school, who teach Asian-Americans to hate on whitey.

My African American Friends didnt show any raceism. The Blacks in california are the 3rd largest minority. Californias populations groups look like this:
Hispanics(Mostly Mexican)
Whites (Americans and other western Europeans)
Asians
Blacks
Arabs

The hispanic population is not the majority in california. Thats the way it is. Whites are now the minority here.

I havent met a black raceist yet personaly. But i can honestly say that there STILL is racism in this world. Here comes a little story.

I was out one night, playing a game of basketball. There was me, 2 other whit guys, and 5 black guys. We were playing a game on a public park, after hours. After several games, one of us noticed that there was a cop car across the road. Some of my buddies started to freak. Some of us had some, lets just say, California Medication on us. So, my buddied stuff all of thier stuff into me and my buddies sweater. and The cops begain to walk over. 6 of them. 2 more squad cars pulled up. There was one white guy, and 5 mexicans. And they STRAIGHT up let me and my other 2 white friends WALK. Me(Brittish), and 2 others, (Italian and German) were alowed to walk right away with our things. And my black friends had to stay. After we had left, my friends told me that the cops let 3 of them go, and then beat the crap out of the last 2 guys. They had the Bruises to prove it.

Raceism is alive. 90%+ of people have no racesit thoughts. But there is a minorty that still holds racesit beilfs, and the truth is, raceism comes in all forms, against ALL Skin colors.

The media shows thier own version of the truth. In the media, racissm exists only 1-way. Only whitey on minority. Raceism against the white man, and Americans, is allwod.

Why, im not sure. Other then the media people being the most sick and perverted people in our country....

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
dbl post

[edit on 7/23/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Dude, kinds sounds like you are saying all blacks are lazy with your acronym change. I don't think you intended this but if you did I don't think that is the case. Obama voiced his opinion and I applaud him for it. However, I do find it fishy that he has been in politics for all these years and is just now saying this. He could have at least spoken out when Bill Cosby said the same thing. Don't you agree?

Quite the opposite. I think it's great that Obama is able to speak to all colors in a forceful tone. He speaks to whites the same way he speaks to blacks, and that is in a tone that says "you hate the truth, but im shoving it down your throat anyways"

And on both sides, there are people that hate him for it. I admire him for it. It'll take someone who's not afraid to piss off a few white people and embarrass a few black people in order to start closing the financial and racial chasms that some of the most powerful men in this country exploit every day.

Thats my personal feelings.

My GOYAADS acronym simply reflects the mentality Obama took when he was speaking to the NAACP.

Nothing more

<<   2 >>

join