It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cesarean Section vs. Natural Childbirth

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
i have 2 children, a is nearly six and b is nearly 3, oh gosh doesnt time fly?
both were natrual, with a i had a 30 hour established labour
, didnt want epidural but had one in the end as i was very tired, she was at an angle away from my cervic. they got me ready for c section and i told them to wait, that i wouldnt need it, i pushed for england and out she popped. with b i only had one hour established labour (went from 1 cm effaced to fully in about an hour), he was born in his bag of waters. with both children i had retained placenters. im not haveing anymore children (and anyway im divorcing my husband) but if i did i wouldnt have the cord cut untill the placenter has been birthed, i have found out that the baby 'helps' the placenter to come away and out. oh well.
m x

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by morganathefey

Hi morgan and thanks for the post. Yes, time goes by soooooo fast, but somehow seemed to slow down a little with my 2nd child, a boy. Oh my.

What a difference between your two deliveries. Glad you didn't have to go through such a long delivery with your 2nd.

I'm with you.....no more. What I really want now more than ever is to be a great aunt, but will have to wait awhile.

I have really enjoyed reading everyone's experience. I think that it's something that we should all be so proud of, I never get tired of telling others about how my children came in the world, and never get tired of hearing what it was like for other moms.

reply to post by SugarJ

BTW SugarJ, I love the avartar.

Rush

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

LOL why TY.. for a split second i thought my post was off topic and i was worried that i had put my labor and delivery story God forbid in an alien threadand messed up in here . WHEW!!
:w:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SugarJ

That's cracking me up SurgarJ. LOL I had that same fear about three times today. Especially when I'm flipping back and forth between ATS and BTS.

Rush

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Let's see. When I delivered one of the waters broke, but the other did not. I was not in labor when I went to the hospital but the doctors decided to induce even though I was at 34-36 weeks. I went into labor at 1:45 AM and delivered baby 1 at 4:41; she weighed 4-9. The doctor broke baby 2's water sac and she came out at 4:46 and weighed 4-13. I did not have a c-section but I delivered in the operating room just in case the need should arise. I did not have any pain meds either.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Hi asmeone2. Thanks for posting. And aw...what tiny babies. How sweet. My neice was born at barely 5 lbs, but oh, how they grow up. That's a lot of 4's in their birthdates/times of delivery. If it's not, then it should be your lucky number. How old are they now and were they healthy after delivery?

And yeah, it's my understanding that they won't let the baby stay in more than 24 hours after the water breaks so good call by the doctors. After such a long labor w/ my first, I can still remember the words.....
.... that I used just begging them to "take this baby out of me". Oh my.

Rush

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I don't want to post personal details about them here, since it is public, but they were healty.

The concern with twins is more that if labor drags on too long, the chances of one baby dying because the umbilical cord gets compressed goes up. (Usually this only happens when the babies share one sac.) There's also an increased risk of Mom dying because of placental bleeding but thanfully non of that happened with me.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Aw asmeone2, I can certainly understand not sharing their ages. I'm am so glad that they were healthy little darlings. And no drugs, you guys just amaze me.

Be well and thanks for sharing your story.

Rush

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Your welcome.

It utterly shocks me how some parents blog every minute of their child's life. :shk::shk:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join