It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anheuser-Busch accepts $52 billion InBev offer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Anheuser-Busch accepts $52 billion InBev offer

&siteid=rss]www.marketwatch.com

CHICAGO (MarketWatch) -- Anheuser-Busch Cos. has approved a $52 billion takeover bid by InBev in a deal that will create the world's largest beer maker and transfer ownership of the iconic American brewer to the Belgian-Brazilian giant.
The new company, to be called Anheuser-Busch InBev, would have had net sales of about $36.4 billion in 2007. Anheuser-Busch and Belgian-based InBev together operate 300 brands, including Anheuser's Budweiser and Bud Light and InBev's Stella Artois and Beck's.
Both companies' boards have approved the terms and InBev has arranged financing for the deal, which is expected to close by the end of the year.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Ok, now I'm convinced that America is never going to recover from one of the recessions in the near future.

&siteid=rss]www.marketwatch.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hey Mr. M

I hear you.
I can't understand the whole greed thing in big business. 52 B's!!!!!

Come on now!!!

Foreign investors keep buying up America. American real estate and American companies.

We as Americans just keep on selling to feed the greed.

Very sad.:bash:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Belgian, huh...I'm not that crazy about Belgian beer. Brazil,huh...well, maybe they can make our cars run on beer...no, too many people stopped on the side of the road guzzling their own fuel.

Ahh, an American company, founded by immigrants, being sold to foreign investors. Truly, the world is flat...except when I've had a little too much Bier and it seems uneven...anyway, I was a bit bummed out by this news. If they start to artificially inflate the price of beer...a St. Louis Beer Party on the Mississippi will make the Boston Tea Party look like, well, a tea party.

Foreclosures and price of a barrel of oil getting to you...Roll out a barrel of beer! As Walter Lippman said in 1932 (during the Great Depression), "Beer would be a great help in fighting off the mental depression which afflicts great multitudes"

new topics

top topics

join