It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not one attack?? PLEASE :(

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
First of all, I am a patriot and appreciate those that protect us...CIA, FBI, NSA, ATF, etc...

And I clearly understand that their hard work has helped to make us all safe...safe from the 'big ones' that is.

Yes, protecting us from those major bigtime threats...that's what they do...I UNDERSTAND this!

But what I don't understand is...please bare with me and follow the logic and think about it yourself for a day or so, talk about this with a good friend and reply if you like.

IT SEEMS COMPLETELY IL-LOGICAL TO ME THAT NOT ONE BAD GUY, NOT ONE!!!...HAS FOUND SOME DYNAMITE OR SOME OTHER EXPLOSIVE AND WENT TO A BASEBALL GAME ENTRANCE OR A TRAIN STATION AND BLOWN HIMSELF UP!

Think about it, not one???? If there are a few million that hate us (or more) why has not one come across the southern border, worked for a transportation company or something, stole a few sticks (and please don't say that stuff is guarded so well to the point of no one stealing 'one piece')

How can this be explained?

? Not that many bad guys ?
? Are we that good ?

I have no conclusion or earth-shattering (no pun intended) answer here, it just doesn't add up to me?

Am I off base ATS-ers??

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I have thought of this ever since the US started the iraq war. Before 911 the US was not an occupier of an Arab country and 911 still happend. Now the US is in Afghanistan and Iraq and after all these years we have not even seen one attack on US soil (not even a small scale attack like the ones in Israel).

That right there is solid proof that the war on Terror is phony and that terrorists are not as bad as the US government says.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Dude, you got a point there...

There are many other events that cold take much greater lives as previous attempts in terrorism...

Thats the point tho, terrorism does not exists, it's fabricated by your government and the media, so scare the population into submission..

Why would your gov blow up your national past time ? IE baseball...football, that would strike too close to the nerve of the people,,,,wouldn't it ?

they don't want to HALT progress of assimilation, they want to enforce it!!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The same reason none of us stand up and protest anything.

Because we're being made docile by electromagnetic energy.

I haven't figured out where it's being emitted from though.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I've been saying this since 9/11.

Frequent small attacks is far more frightening than infrequent large ones. It makes no sense whatsoever. Any 'ol Joe Public can throw together some basic explosives.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I thought they labeled "drunk drivers" as terrorists, they seem to kill people and them selfs all the time.........

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Soldier Of Darkness
Thats the point tho, terrorism does not exists, it's fabricated by your government and the media, so scare the population into submission..

i don't agree with that at all. Terrorism does exist, but it is an abstract concept, like compassion, or awkwardness, or etc. It is not something you can point at, or shoot at, or stomp on, or etc. It's an idea, and ideas are bulletproof. That's the whole game, declaring war on something that can't really have war declared on it.

Until someone admits that we are fighting a war against words, the bloodshed and waste of money / resources will not end.

as for the OP, probably just because not many people feel like killing themselves in such a way... although don't put it too far out of mind. School shootings are a fairly new phenomena, and I doubt it will be the most extreme in years to come.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I heard rumors that terrorist get huge donations from big oil companies from the middle east that support their funding and they are seeking now to get ahold of fighter planes,such as Bin Ladens group.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I am with you. OF COURSE there have been multiple attacks that have been dismissed and suppressed. Train wrecks, explosions, poisonings, and fires. In fact, the fires in California are probably terrorist related. How about the levies in New Orleans? I would believe it is possible.

I am convinced that the Columbia disaster was a terrorist plot. (They declared it to be a non-terrorist event immediately, without any investigation of whether it might be a result of sabotage!)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is complete collusion between mainstream media and the government on this one. There's not going to be any speculation about terrorist attacks -- no one is going to give terrorists the satisfaction!

Unfortunately, the American people are complete losers in that decision. I would prefer to simply know the facts.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Very well said scientist. T.W.A.T. (The War Agianst Terror) is just another money/power scan cooked up by the gov.

To OP, you don't need to steal dynamite to blow something up, there's a little document floating around the internet called the anarchy cookbook, tells ya how to make all kinds of trouble.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Makes complete sense.

The 9/11 attack was not against the people of this nation. It was against the government and the power brokers.

If these terrorists wanted to attack people they'd go to small communities, perhaps hitting several at once.

JMHO

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
Makes complete sense.

The 9/11 attack was not against the people of this nation. It was against the government and the power brokers.

If these terrorists wanted to attack people they'd go to small communities, perhaps hitting several at once.

JMHO

I think these types of attacks take place all of the time, and they are not reported. Fortunately, there are not so many of them right now. It is easy to cover them up.

But, as several have said in this thread, how could they NOT be happening?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

Thank you for the response, but you answer as 'fact' but it's an opinion, correct? I can't as easily as you dismiss this.............with a 'phatwa' (sp?) authorizing 10 million deaths, and there aren't that many .gov employees.....????

Please marinate a bit more, ok?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buck Division
In fact, the fires in California are probably terrorist related. How about the levies in New Orleans? I would believe it is possible.

Fires are quite common in California around this time of year, and as for the levees, I'm pretty sure that was from the hurricane. I've heard they can destroy stuff.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

It's fact as much as a manner in which to start an internal division. If these terrorists wanted a war the fastest way would be to show the American people that government can't protect them.

Paranoia would grip this nation if we had a daily bombing in smaller cities across the nation.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
With millions hating us, and a pattern of suicide bombers documented around the world, a statistician would laugh at the prospects of one country avoiding this phenomenon, and a gambler would run like hell!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curious_Agnostic

Originally posted by Buck Division
In fact, the fires in California are probably terrorist related. How about the levees in New Orleans? I would believe it is possible.

Fires are quite common in California around this time of year, and as for the levees, I'm pretty sure that was from the hurricane. I've heard they can destroy stuff.

It's speculation, man. I know it. But -- What you tell me above is exactly what I would expect the USA government to say, in order to dismiss any notion that this was terrorist related. Are you telling me it is not easy to start a fire in California, if that is your goal?

#

As far as the levees in New Orleans -- okay -- that was an admitted stretch on my part. Still, it seems funny that there was an "all clear", "dodged that bullet" attitude, for a good deal of the day, following Katrina. Then disaster struck.

Please picture this: a terrorist cell, well equipped with explosives. They see what is going on, and they think -- we might be able to really compound this damage and misery right now, at this moment, when everyone is really confused and distraught. What grand theatre that would be!

The long manifesto of that terrorist group, explaining how and why they did it, was sent to the State Department. It will never be revealed!

I'm not saying this is what specifically happened -- just that it is not out of the realm of possibility.

Call me paranoid, but I think we are being lied to in many different ways. If it isn't about the Katrina disaster, it is certainly a dozen other things that would shock us.

Edit: Fixed spelling of "levee" -- thanks Agnostic.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
OK ATS-ers!!!!

It's been a bit more than an hour, we have 400 views and only 16 repliers...it appears I AM OFF-CENTER with the thread....and my assertion it is ill-logical we have not had 'one' attack on a small scale is completely misguided?

To those that responded, have a great day....good night! And God bless!

OldThinker

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
To those that responded, have a great day....good night! And God bless!
OldThinker

Check back tomorrow OldThinker -- I've got little else to do tonight but keep an eye on ATS, and defend your position! Good night, there.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
reply to post by OldThinker

Paranoia would grip this nation if we had a daily bombing in smaller cities across the nation.

Here is something to illustrate my position on this:

news.google.com...

The above Google link shows me half a dozen news stories in the past few days about explosions occurring in the USA. I am not saying that any one of these is terrorist related -- or am I? For all we know, buried in this list of minor explosions are much bigger stories that are simply watered down by media editors and government officials – buried on page twelve of the newspaper.

It would be very easy to hide this type of stuff from the public.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join